Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2014 4:35:08 PM EDT
what are your recommendations for the 9mm metalform mags?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:11:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:21:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

What he said - takes all of the pain and time out of loading those mags.  

Be careful using it on C Products/ASC mags.  My lula won't load more than about 25 rds in those mags before either popping off the mag catch, or having the metal insert that is supposed to click into the mag catch actually pull out of the plastic body of the lula.  The extreme difficulty of loading CP mags is another reason to avoid them over the MF mags, aside from the reputation for feeding problems with some builds.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll jump on the pile and recommend the Colt SMG LULA.  It really is better than sliced bread, and takes the pain out of loading the magazine.  While I haven't had real problems with using mine on my (old production) CProducts magazines, those mags actually all work well, so maybe I just got ones that were built correctly.  New CProducts 9mm AR mags and the ASC mags are essentially the same product, and they should all work fine, but the follower and feed lips' sharp angle can give you problems.  With Metalform mags, you should be golden using the LULA.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Without a doubt, the Colt SMG LULA as others has said.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm very happy with the Lula SMR loader, but found this ProMag loader as another option...though, not sure if I like jamming all those 9mm rounds all at once:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgL94g2XLfk
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I use an UZI loader notched to fit the Colt mags and a short hardwood dowel. Loads five rounds at a time.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I have one of these:

CAMMENGA loader

Or is it one of these?

CAMMENGA loader

Either way - I've used it with great success on both Colt and UZI mags.  But now I've sold my Colt 9mm mags and blocks in favor of the DDLES/Glock pattern.

Want to buy my Cammenga?

How about $15 delivered USA?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 11:47:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I was looking for such a thing as well.  C-Products mags gave me a nice bruise on my abdomen from using the edge of my kitchen counter as a LULA.  Metalforms have such light springs that I just load them by hand (rather easily).

Mike
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#9]

+1

Loading them without it is a PITA.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#10]
anybody happen to know where to find a lula SMG loader for less than $38.15 or less shipped?  I ordered one from Amazon and the order was canceled because they did not have the stock.  Now I have 38.15 left on a visa gift card.

saw one at deltaforce.com and speedloaderstore.com; but could not find anything whether they were reputable websites or not.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
anybody happen to know where to find a lula SMG loader for less than $38.15 or less shipped?  I ordered one from Amazon and the order was canceled because they did not have the stock.  Now I have 38.15 left on a visa gift card.

saw one at deltaforce.com and speedloaderstore.com; but could not find anything whether they were reputable websites or not.
View Quote

Gunbroker- has a few, search ar15 9mm lula, or just search lula and look for the ar15 9mm one.  
Search "lula modified Uzi" as there is one for 19.99 starting bid, 24.99 buy it now, 5.75 shipping but it's MO only ...
eBay
Midway USA- out of stock
Brownells- doesn't sell that model
Walmart.com-sells every other lula model but not that one..

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top