Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2014 9:17:56 AM EDT
In a nut shell, I want to remove the collapsible stock to install a Blackhawks sling adapter but I can't for the life of me figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I should have been a little braver before posting. I figured it out, but for those that are also curious...the same pin that controls the extension of the stock, just pull that a little further out with pliers and the stock comes right off.  In other news, for those without the single sling adapter on their model, the Blackhawk AR Single Point sling adapter is a great purchase for this rifle.  Works VERY well.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Can the stock be replaced with a standard A2 stock?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
No.

Buffer tube is permanently attached to receiver.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:43:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.
I was told it could be changed and hoped you had the solution. Now I know why.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:06:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out the S&W 15-22 forums, many have converted their rifles to an A2 configuration. takes a little work but can be done.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#6]
It can be done, just takes some custom work. Seen quite a few 15-22s with folding stocks before
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I looked into it on the forums.
Not as easy as I thought. he M&P 15-22 is a plastic upper & lower and it seems cutting is required.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top