Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2014 5:49:00 PM EDT
Just picked up my Just Right Carbine (JRC) 9mm Glock magazine version from my FFL yesterday.

Mounted my Lucid HD7 red dot, and went to the range today.

Impressions:
1. It is robust and heavy.
2. Very accurate at 25 yds, and 50 yds, and I was hitting every shot on the silhouette steel torso target at 175 yds with the 1x red dot.
3. It is a hoot to shoot and plink away at steel.
4. Ran 60 rounds, zero issues.
5. The extraction process is pretty rough on the casings.  Pronounced and deep scratch marks from what I assume is the [Edit] EJECTOR PLATE [Edit].  Some had a slight dent on one side, not sure that is on the carbine or the cement pad I was on.
6. The bolt is hard to lock back.  We'll see how it acts after a field strip and hose down, but the manual says to run it pretty dry. [Edit] Still slightly difficult after field strip and cleaning leaving a sheen of MPro-7 LPX oil.  This is likely due to the Bolt Handle being the only contact point as it rides inside the Receiver channel.  Not AR-15 smooth. [Edit]
7. Field strip is not AR simple, have to remove buffer tube to remove the bolt assembly.  No biggie, but more complex.
8. The buffer is solid steel, and probably makes up 1/3 of the total weight of the carbine.

Can't wait to get back there and set up my AR500 targets on my "The Last Stand" set up.  Now with a carbine, I can plunk away at 50 and 75 yds without worry (vs my M400 in 5.56).

Looks like JRC folks got the kinks out of the platform that were in the early models, time will tell.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top