Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2014 7:08:28 PM EDT
Long story short, I received a botched 9mm barrel from JT distributing. I just contacted them today and hopefully I can get things all squared away with them (I'm hoping they can do this work for me)

But I need to cut my 10.5" barrel down and have it rethreaded/crowned, and since I am going to cut it, I'm thinking of going down to ~5" for future suppressor use. My buddy has a liberty mystic that I'll probably do most of my suppressed shooting with for the time being, and it comes in pretty long at 8"

So whether JT ends up doing the work or I send it off to a smith, what length would you guys go? Obviously if the intent is suppression Ill be shooting subsonic. I like the Underwood 147 +P for a defensive load, and will just shoot 147 flat nose for plinking
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:15:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the short barrels. 4 to 7-1/2". 5" IMHO is a good choice.

Dave in Florida
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#2]
5" it is?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I would go short as well. 5" is what I am looking at. Go much longer than that and some of the subsonics might start creeping into the transonic range
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 9:32:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I own 5.5" and a 4.5" 9mm SBR.  They are both good shooters.  I can hit steel at 100 yards with little effort.  

5.5"

4.5"
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 4.5" that runs like a thief in the night.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#6]
I've got a 4.5" from ADCO sitting in the safe waiting on a few other parts.  It will be fun.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a 7".

It runs great, also.

John

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top