Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 44
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 12:43:46 AM EDT
[#1]
He really should go into the wheel barrow business.  He has to have one to carry around his huge balls for showing up in this thread at this stage.  Amazing.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
In for the blame game
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:21:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I placed orders with DDLES as follows:

Glock small frame lower March 2013, received September 2013
Sig 556 stock adapter July 2013, received October 2013
Glock small frame lower September 2013, received February 2014

My lowers were 6061 standard profile, I made a point of telling them I would accept any markings to avoid something not being shipped because I wanted shocker markings or something.  I am relatively local and was able to harass the shop to ensure delivery.  Jon never wronged me, and the few times I spoke to him on the phone he was very helpful.  That being said I can certainly understand the vitriol from those here who never got product for their monies paid in good faith.

I do hope the new company keeps making these lowers and spare parts to support the old if necessary.
Link Posted: 8/8/2014 2:18:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Well he logged back in the 5th but y'all scared him away I think.

Link Posted: 8/8/2014 6:50:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Running scared.........amazed he has stayed out of jail.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All of the unfilled orders were impacted by the folks at QC10 shutting off the production equipment in early 2013. Prior to 2013 DDLES had an excellent reputation.

In the end, I am sorry I have been absent from this thread.  I am personal sorry for the delays customers have experienced.
DDLES will be working as hard as it can to stay in operation and fill any and all open orders.
View Quote

And what exactly is the delay in cutting checks for canceled orders like order #3690 on January 14th 2013 for a BB-9x19-GS AR15 Pistol Caliber Bolt $229.95?
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 4:17:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Order 3342 is still out $616.85 for the barrel, bolt, and handguard.  Refunds are still acceptable/preferred.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Invoice 0000003610 made on Jan 7, 2013 for a SM Frame Lower @ 292.02

Anyone have any traction on this? Is there still intent to fill these orders?
Regards,
Mac
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Regards,
Mac
View Quote

Chalk it up as a loss or pursue legal action.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:04:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Just finishing up with my 300 sbr build.....  found the DDLES 9 lower and I frickin want one.  Can someone give me bullet notes and catch me up to speed: what happened to ddles and are they still making the 9mm lowers?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just finishing up with my 300 sbr build.....  found the DDLES 9 lower and I frickin want one.  Can someone give me bullet notes and catch me up to speed: what happened to ddles and are they still making the 9mm lowers?
View Quote

DDLES is no more.  QC10 is making the lowers and should have them in full production soon.  I believe they've already shipped a few from their first run.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/654395_Any_news_on_the_Glock_lowers__formerly_DDLES_.html

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=437537022
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

DDLES is no more.  QC10 is making the lowers and should have them in full production soon.  I believe they've already shipped a few from their first run.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_15/654395_Any_news_on_the_Glock_lowers__formerly_DDLES_.html

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How about the Colt/UZI mag version?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Regards,
Mac
View Quote

If it were up to me,......Jon of DDLES would be in jail.
Get a lawyer, it's the only way you will see any funds returned.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Just talked to the people at QuarterCircle10 and they informed me that the 1st run of Colt 9mm Lowers should be up on their website in the next few days.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 2:53:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just talked to the people at QuarterCircle10 and they informed me that the 1st run of Colt 9mm Lowers should be up on their website in the next few days.
View Quote

Any idea on price?

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Any idea on price?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea on price?

They're for sale now here
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:15:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea on price?

Those are the small GLOCK lowers, not the Colt pattern lowers.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea on price?

I'd guess that they'll be the same price.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 3:41:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any idea on price?

Oh my bad, didn't realize you were talking about the Colt pattern ones, but yeah I'm sure they would be the same price.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 2:35:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone experience problems with mag catches binding on the lower? The one I got is a DPMS and I don't if it's a problem or if it's something common with these lowers. If I push the mag release at a perfect 90 degree angle to the receiver, it works just fine. But if I use my right hand index finger as you would normally do, it binds. Seems like the whole thing is just too tight. Suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 6:08:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone experience problems with mag catches binding on the lower? The one I got is a DPMS and I don't if it's a problem or if it's something common with these lowers. If I push the mag release at a perfect 90 degree angle to the receiver, it works just fine. But if I use my right hand index finger as you would normally do, it binds. Seems like the whole thing is just too tight. Suggestions?
View Quote

I've had that happen with DPMS mag catches.  I'd suggest changing it out for a higher quality part and see if that solves your problem.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

View Quote

Mine did this as well.  I don't remember which LPK I used initially, but after switching to another (which I also don't remember), it's smoother now.  Seems like the mag-catch-arm slot (on the left side of the receiver) is a bit too narrow, so some of the mag catches get hung up here.  I figure it'll be a self-correcting issue, over time, with a steel mag catch and AL lower.  :)
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:17:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I used a Rock River lower parts kit on my Colt style lower with no issues at all.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#24]
Ok, I'll see what I can find. Had some trouble finding a "nicer" LPK without the trigger group (used a Geissele) so I just went with what Brownells had.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#25]
PSA usually has LPKs without the FCG.  I never installed a milspec mag release as I put a Norgon on it immediately.  It works perfectly on my DDLES lower.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#27]
what handguard is that?? i've been looking for something like that.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:01:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Apex 8.6" with a HK SD handguard over it.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 11/16/2014 11:44:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Not sure what happened/is happening here, but thanks QC for picking up on the DDLES design. When I can I'll be buying one and have something to put my MUR on.

Also do yall ever plan on making the Multi Cal lowers eventually?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:25:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I called QC10 today then ordered a Colt-style lower. Carole answered the phone and was extremely helpful and friendly. It made it a lot easier to spend the money. She emailed me promptly after I completed my online order (not an automated email) to tell me she got the order and would ship as soon as my FFL sent her his license. $290 shipped is a lot of money for a lower, but well worth it in my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:41:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I called QC10 today then ordered a Colt-style lower. Carole answered the phone and was extremely helpful and friendly. It made it a lot easier to spend the money. She emailed me promptly after I completed my online order (not an automated email) to tell me she got the order and would ship as soon as my FFL sent her his license. $290 shipped is a lot of money for a lower, but well worth it in my opinion.
View Quote

It's not really a lot when you consider a $200 Hahn mag block + lower of your choice.  It ends up about the same except looking much cooler!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It's not really a lot when you consider a $200 Hahn mag block + lower of your choice.  It ends up about the same except looking much cooler!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the logic I needed. It also helps that I am going to recover some if the cost by selling off my mag block.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#34]

Is your upper an RRA?

Also, that gas/brass deflector and small door - can that be installed on any stripped upper's port door or does one have to buy it installed OEM??
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Is your upper an RRA?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Is your upper an RRA?
Yes sir.

Quoted:
Also, that gas/brass deflector and small door - can that be installed on any stripped upper's port door or does one have to buy it installed OEM??
You can buy the small door and the 9mm shell deflector separately and install them on any milspec upper. I had to remove and reinstall them in order to be able to mount the upper in a vise clamp and it really wasn't that big of a deal despite never having done it before. YouTube is a huge help.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:42:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Yes sir.

You can buy the small door and the 9mm shell deflector separately and install them on any milspec upper. I had to remove and reinstall them in order to be able to mount the upper in a vise clamp and it really wasn't that big of a deal despite never having done it before. YouTube is a huge help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is your upper an RRA?
Yes sir.

Quoted:

Very cool and thanks for the quick reply man!!  I've been adding up the cost of building an AR pistol with Sig Brace and with the cost of the lower, getting a stripped upper may be on of the few ways to take cost out
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#37]
To each his own but I personally hate Sig braces. Half the cost of a tax stamp that you'll eventually want to buy anyway. SBR stamps are getting approved in 30 days rights now. If it were me, I'd just go straight to SBR-land.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:08:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
To each his own but I personally hate Sig braces. Half the cost of a tax stamp that you'll eventually want to buy anyway. SBR stamps are getting approved in 30 days rights now. If it were me, I'd just go straight to SBR-land.
View Quote

I agree but the Sig braces are convenient for transporting across state lines without the required ATF paperwork.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:31:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I agree but the Sig braces are convenient for transporting across state lines without the required ATF paperwork.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Paperwork is easy, free, and good for a year. My last stamp was 34 days, I'm at 29 days and waiting on my next one, and as soon as my QC10 lower comes in, it will be sent off.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I kept my 9mm as a pistol for awhile because of that reason, but then I realized I could just remove the stock and put the Sig brace back on and take it where I want to.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:15:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Or just take it where you want to.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#42]
I like that with my pistol lower I can have three different length pistol uppers.  You can't do that with a SBR.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:26:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I like that with my pistol lower I can have three different length pistol uppers.  You can't do that with a SBR.
View Quote

Ummmm why is that??? Many people have multiple short uppers for their lowers
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

You've been buying into the gun shop myths.   I can have an infinite number of different length uppers on any of my SBRs.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You've been buying into the gun shop myths.   I can have an infinite number of different length uppers on any of my SBRs.
View Quote

I'm largely SBR-stupid, but I did think that if you registered an SBR as being X" in length (or maybe it was with an X" barrel?) that you could not go shorter without new paperwork - is that incorrect?  Do you just register the OAL as the length of a milspec receiver or with a 1" barrel or something? or is the whole thing myth?

TIA,
Richard
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:28:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm largely SBR-stupid, but I did think that if you registered an SBR as being X" in length (or maybe it was with an X" barrel?) that you could not go shorter without new paperwork - is that incorrect?  Do you just register the OAL as the length of a milspec receiver or with a 1" barrel or something? or is the whole thing myth?

TIA,
Richard
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA,
Richard

You register it as whatever you're going to initially build.  After that, you're free to change it at your whim.  ATF requests you notify them in the case that you make any permanent changes, although with an AR there really aren't any permanent changes.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:19:55 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You register it as whatever you're going to initially build.  After that, you're free to change it at your whim.  ATF requests you notify them in the case that you make any permanent changes, although with an AR there really aren't any permanent changes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TIA,

Richard

A perm change includes getting rid the of cal an length upper you reg it with.

So if you pick up a different cal or length upper and sell your org one you MUST notify the NFA of the change so they in turn can change the info in the registry.  

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So if you pick up a different cal or length upper and sell your org one you MUST notify the NFA of the change so they in turn can change the info in the registry.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA,
Richard

So if I register one of my pistols as an SBR, can I swap my other pistol uppers to the SBR then back again?
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:01:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is no law saying that I must notify ATF of anything other than crossing state lines.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:03:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So if I register one of my pistols as an SBR, can I swap my other pistol uppers to the SBR then back again?
View Quote

Yes.  You can even put a 16"+ upper on it if you want.  While it's in Title 1 status (i.e. 16"+ barrel installed) you do not have to notify ATF if you take it across state lines and you can then put a short barrel back on it once you're back in your home state.
Page / 44
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top