AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 44
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.  You can even put a 16"+ upper on it if you want.  While it's in Title 1 status (i.e. 16"+ barrel installed) you do not have to notify ATF if you take it across state lines and you can then put a short barrel back on it once you're back in your home state.
View Quote

You guys got me to dig a little more, and JoshAston, the way I read it, ATF says you are dead wrong:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-short-barreled-rifles-shotguns.html#interstate-transportation

"Q: If I remove the short barrel from my SBR or SBS, may I move the firearm across state lines without the submission of ATF Form 5320.20, Application to Transport or to Temporarily Export Certain Firearms?

If the registrant retains control over the parts required to assemble the SBR or SBS, the firearm is still be subject to all requirements of the NFA. ATF recommends contacting law enforcement officials in the destination state to ensure compliance with state and local law."

IANAL though.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You guys got me to dig a little more, and JoshAston, the way I read it, ATF says you are dead wrong:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-short-barreled-rifles-shotguns.html#interstate-transportation

"Q: If I remove the short barrel from my SBR or SBS, may I move the firearm across state lines without the submission of ATF Form 5320.20, Application to Transport or to Temporarily Export Certain Firearms?

If the registrant retains control over the parts required to assemble the SBR or SBS, the firearm is still be subject to all requirements of the NFA. ATF recommends contacting law enforcement officials in the destination state to ensure compliance with state and local law."

IANAL though.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes.  You can even put a 16"+ upper on it if you want.  While it's in Title 1 status (i.e. 16"+ barrel installed) you do not have to notify ATF if you take it across state lines and you can then put a short barrel back on it once you're back in your home state.

IANAL though.

That means you can't take the short barrel with you when traveling over state lines.  Leave it at home. If it's at home and you're not you don't have control over it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:20:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Paperwork is easy, free, and good for a year. My last stamp was 34 days, I'm at 29 days and waiting on my next one, and as soon as my QC10 lower comes in, it will be sent off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To each his own but I personally hate Sig braces. Half the cost of a tax stamp that you'll eventually want to buy anyway. SBR stamps are getting approved in 30 days rights now. If it were me, I'd just go straight to SBR-land.

I agree but the Sig braces are convenient for transporting across state lines without the required ATF paperwork.

Paperwork is easy, free, and good for a year. My last stamp was 34 days, I'm at 29 days and waiting on my next one, and as soon as my QC10 lower comes in, it will be sent off.

Whoa, whoa, whoa, SERIOUSLY?
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 9:36:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Yep. eForm 1s are getting approved in 30-40 days right now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yep. eForm 1s are getting approved in 30-40 days right now.
View Quote

so the eForms are back up and running? I have been out of it
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#6]
eForm 1s are up, yes,
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
To each his own but I personally hate Sig braces. Half the cost of a tax stamp that you'll eventually want to buy anyway. SBR stamps are getting approved in 30 days rights now. If it were me, I'd just go straight to SBR-land.

I agree but the Sig braces are convenient for transporting across state lines without the required ATF paperwork.

If you're impressed by that, you'd really shit yourself knowing that a lot were coming back at around 17-20 days.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you're impressed by that, you'd really shit yourself knowing that a lot were coming back at around 17-20 days.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got back 2 more cans over the summer that I submitted in Sept of last year... right before the eForms took off the first time haha
before I can do anymore NFA stuff, I need to update the ole trust.
Page / 44
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top