Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 44
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 12:48:51 AM EDT
[#1]
This thread has outlived its usefulness for me.  Good luck to the others that have been ripped off by the thief Jon Beaudry.  Glad he is out of business and hope it stays that way!

Link Posted: 5/2/2014 12:40:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Contact TucsonConnection, he may have a few suggestions with the legal direction.

I was able to get my funds back with a letter from a lawyer. The problem that many are having, just like you,
They feel the trouble is not worth the cost. A con artist knows this, he relies on it, and screws a crap load of
people.
View Quote

This.

90%+ of people who are ripped off won't lift a finger to do anything about it.  Con men like Jon Beaudry know the odds are in their favor.  At this point, unless you're willing to hire a lawyer to go after Beaudry, you might as well acknowledge that you got hosed.  NEVER let a vendor sit on your money.  Rarely does that end well.  

As for DDLES, from court documents it very much appears to me that Jon Beaudry embezzled money from DDLES over a period of several years.  The court acknowledged that the books at DDLES were deficient in a substantial way.  My opinion is that such sloppiness was quite purposeful, and was an attempt to create such confusion in the accounting that no one would know money was going out the back door and into Jon's pockets.  I've seen this movie more than once.

Jon issued a "poor me" story about his finances and lack of salary, but that begs the question of how he purchased motorcycles, trips and other goods during all this time.  I suspect the IRS would have a field day doing a forensic audit of his personal finances over the past several years, and I hope the Plaintiffs tip off the IRS that this guy "might" owe the IRS a substantial amount of money.  Jon has been very squirrely about his personal finances throughout this entire lawsuit.  To me it very much looks like a "Where there's smoke, there's fire" situation.

My understanding is that the Plaintiff's aren't going to stop going after Beaudry until justice occurs.  And unfortunately for Jon these Plaintiffs have the financial resources to do so.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
For all that are wondering what  is the future of the Products that DDLES has been selling I bring you good news!  As you may or may not have heard the company that was producing all of the products that DDLES was selling has been dissolved.  A new company with new management (No Jon Beaudry in any way shape or form) will be acquiring the equipment, jigs, fixtures, and intellectual property and after a short period of cleanup and refit will be in full production of all products.  As things get going more information will be forthcoming.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Now this the secret squirrel info I was waiting for!  Well played.
I would promote you to logistic support analyst for the former DDLES company (just title, no pay raise), but my post count and my '13 er join date would not allow for such.  Keep the info flowing!
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For all that are wondering what  is the future of the Products that DDLES has been selling I bring you good news!  As you may or may not have heard the company that was producing all of the products that DDLES was selling has been dissolved.  A new company with new management (No Jon Beaudry in any way shape or form) will be acquiring the equipment, jigs, fixtures, and intellectual property and after a short period of cleanup and refit will be in full production of all products.  As things get going more information will be forthcoming.
View Quote

Excellent news!  I purchased a reciever when the business was still being responsibly run, and it makes a great rifle.  Good to know that these may continue to be produced.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

great news
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please tell them to produce 7075 glock lowers. Screw the 6061. I'm in for at least one .
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote

While that is good news, will there be any sort of "consideration" for those of us out $ for DDLES lowers?

Link Posted: 5/2/2014 11:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
That's a good question motoguy.  I've been wondering the same for the poor souls who got screwed.  We can only wish them luck.  Fortunately for me, my lower came through just before DDLES went kaputt.  If I hadn't listened to others here who suggested writing the AZ Attn General and informing Jon Beaudry that I did, I too may have been one of the unlucky.  Again, the best of luck to them!
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 2:21:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

While that is good news, will there be any sort of "consideration" for those of us out $ for DDLES lowers?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome!
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 1:01:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Good deal. Been wanting one of these lowers. Hopefully soon.
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 2:47:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Here's hoping they honor old unshipped orders....
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 3:28:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why would they do that? They have no responsibility.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 7:04:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doubt a new company would be able to do that........unless that just want to throw thousands out the window.
If you want your money back, get a lawyer, hold Beaudry responsible for his actions.
Everyone simply rolling over and complaining about their lost funds, while doing nothing for themselves,  is a great contributor to this mess.
If more would have held him accountable, at the very least, he would be in jail.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Doubt a new company would be able to do that........unless that just want to throw thousands out the window.
If you want your money back, get a lawyer, hold Beaudry responsible for his actions.
Everyone simply rolling over and complaining about their lost funds, while doing nothing for themselves,  is a great contributor to this mess.
If more would have held him accountable, at the very least, he would be in jail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roger that, Jon had my colt patterned lower until I filled a complaint with the AZ attorney general and then it miraculously was sent a few days later. Four months later and DDLES is now defunct. You have to lite a fire under this guy to keep him motivated, I was patiently waiting until he stopped communicating with me before I acted, glad I did when I did. It sucks for everyone that didn't het their gear.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sure hope this is the case - I have two traditional DDLES lowers and they're top notch quality and I've been leery of buying the Glock model due to the issues surrounding DDLES.  If a reputable company begins production of the same pattern, I'd be in like Flynn.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Roger that, Jon had my colt patterned lower until I filled a complaint with the AZ attorney general and then it miraculously was sent a few days later. Four months later and DDLES is now defunct. You have to lite a fire under this guy to keep him motivated, I was patiently waiting until he stopped communicating with me before I acted, glad I did when I did. It sucks for everyone that didn't het their gear.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I contacted Jon repeatedly, and did contact the AZ Atty Gen office.  I've got the letter they sent to me.  Unfortunately, I think my misfortune lies in the 7075 material selection.  I don't know of anyone that received their 7075 items.  :(

Link Posted: 5/4/2014 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Why on earth does anybody need a 7075-T6 lower? I bought my DDLES lowers (while in-stock) as 6061-T6 alloy and they have no issues whatsoever. They are plenty strong enough. I would have never waited for a 7075. Heck, even the polymer lowers are proving to be strong enough. If strength is an issue, why aren't people demanding Ti-6Al-4V lowers?

Just curious why anybody would pay and wait more for 7075 other than just the bragging factor?
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Tag for news.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Why on earth does anybody need a 7075-T6 lower? I bought my DDLES lowers (while in-stock) as 6061-T6 alloy and they have no issues whatsoever. They are plenty strong enough. I would have never waited for a 7075. Heck, even the polymer lowers are proving to be strong enough. If strength is an issue, why aren't people demanding Ti-6Al-4V lowers?

Just curious why anybody would pay and wait more for 7075 other than just the bragging factor?
View Quote

It's the standard. Manufacturers use 6061 probably because it's cheaper and easier to work with. If I'm going to SBR a lower, I want the standard. That's just me though.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 4:43:50 PM EDT
[#21]
it is the standard for forgings.......for a billet lower...I'd run annodized 6061 all day long with no worries.............
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 12:04:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Link for info
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 7:10:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

.......Manufacturers use 6061 probably because it's cheaper and easier to work with.
If I'm going to SBR a lower, I want the standard. That's just me though.
View Quote

Correct,.......all the advantages are for the manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Unfortunately, I think my misfortune lies in the 7075 material selection. I don't know of anyone that received their 7075 items. :(
View Quote

That's not accurate. I received my 7075 lower Dec 2013, a year after ordering it. The 7075 orders really got piled up but near the end he started making them. Mine happened to come a few weeks after getting the AZ attorney general involved.

The whole situation just made me feel that Jon has serious problems or a complete lack of management skills. It felt like all the orders were placed in a jar and he'd just randomly pick stuff out to make each day.
Link Posted: 5/5/2014 8:09:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doubtful.

For starters, this new entity will likely have just purchased the hard assets (equipment, IP, etc.) of DDLES/Sention.  No reason for them to purchase the liabilities, too.

Second, the court records seem to indicate that Jon himself didn't even really know to whom he owed money and/or product.  He didn't keep such records.  Or at least, he didn't keep records that he was willing to cough up.  IMHO, Jon Beaudry was a garden-variety thief.  I think he knew very well that he was hosing people.  As is common with people of his moral character, he just didn't care.  

If Jon owes you money and you want to be made whole, your best bet - and perhaps only bet - is to sue him personally.  Although if anyone has waited until now to do so, that person is way behind the eight ball.  I suspect virtually everyone who is owed money will never see it again.  The time to take action was six or twelve months ago.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 12:29:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I have purchased 5 Glock lowers.  Only one from Jon directly the rest from rifle gear.  I feel badly for those who ordered ages ago but I'm shocked that  people continued to order from him, defend him, and chose to involve themselves as an intermediary once the writing was on the wall. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and keeps dropping duck shit on your head, it's probably a duck.  good riddance and looking forward to the successor company.
Link Posted: 5/11/2014 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#27]
So is there a place to buy replacement parts? Or do other lowers (cmmg,jp, etc) have parts that are interchangeable? I have a small frame lower from DDLES? I'm worried about parts wearing out in the future?
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 4:14:10 PM EDT
[#28]
any updates?
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Here is the latest info that was passed to me.

Jon Beaudry was planning to go back into production with a cnc mill that he had financed, unsure of what he was going to produce.  That was brought to a halt this week when he was found in default on his lease and the company holding the note demanded the return of the machine.  The company that has taken over the production shop should be able to start up in the next few weeks and products/parts should be flowing soon.  The machines are ready, the staff is ready, material is ready, just waiting for the Judge to give the go ahead.
Link Posted: 5/24/2014 8:26:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Jon Beaudry was planning to go back into production with a cnc mill that he had financed, unsure of what he was going to produce.  That was brought to a halt this week when he was found in default on his lease and the company holding the note demanded the return of the machine.  The company that has taken over the production shop should be able to start up in the next few weeks and products/parts should be flowing soon.  The machines are ready, the staff is ready, material is ready, just waiting for the Judge to give the go ahead.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/24/2014 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Sweet can't wait to get my hands on a lower.
Link Posted: 5/25/2014 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for the update
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#33]

Greetings,

Thanks much for the very positive update! Glad to see the JB is getting his due rewards at each step. We all need to support this venture when they start production to insure a long term and consistent supply of a superior product (without a scum bag thief embezzling from it).

Regards, Jim

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/26/2014 8:35:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Greetings,

Thanks much for the very positive update! Glad to see the JB is getting his due rewards at each step. We all need to support this venture when they start production to insure a long term and consistent supply of a superior product (without a scum bag thief embezzling from it).

Regards, Jim

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Greetings,

Regards, Jim

Quoted:

Absolutely!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2014 8:38:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I noticed Rhumble Jon hasn't been in here to defend himself lately.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 6:35:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Any idea what the new company will be named?  Hope they drop the DDLES moniker
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 7:16:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOHICA Firearms...
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:25:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

BOHICA Firearms...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOHICA Firearms...

Link Posted: 5/27/2014 8:52:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

BOHICA Firearms...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOHICA Firearms...

Blue Falcon Armory.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 11:10:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

BOHICA Firearms...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOHICA Firearms...

I sincerely hope that is a joke. And not the BOHICA that made the  .50BMG uppers for AR's. Talk about a clusterfuck company. Probably where DDLES got their business model.
Link Posted: 5/27/2014 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I sincerely hope that is a joke. And not the BOHICA that made the  .50BMG uppers for AR's. Talk about a clusterfuck company. Probably where DDLES got their business model.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BOHICA Firearms...

BOHICA as, Bend Over, Here It Comes Again...
Link Posted: 6/2/2014 5:38:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Any updates on the company that is taking over?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#43]
The company is dead and so should this thread be...... Move on with your lives grown men
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Thread start date: Friday, January 25, 2013
Today's Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Result: 494 days duration

Which is 1 year, 4 months, 9 days and 78 pages of grown men's unicorn tears.

494 days can be converted to one of these units:
   42,681,600 seconds
   711,360 minutes
   11,856 hours
   494 days
   70 weeks (rounded down)

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 3:27:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Thread start date: Friday, January 25, 2013
Today's Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2014
Result: 494 days duration

Which is 1 year, 4 months, 9 days and 78 pages of grown men's unicorn tears.

494 days can be converted to one of these units:
   42,681,600 seconds
   711,360 minutes
   11,856 hours
   494 days
   70 weeks (rounded down)

View Quote

And yet, you're still here with us "grown men"...

Many of us have vested insterests in this saga and this thread is still one of the most (if not the most) credible places to gather info.

Feel free to not click on the thread title.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 3:59:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Those missing lowers are never coming for Christmas.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:44:39 PM EDT
[#47]
-Click-
Link Posted: 6/4/2014 6:31:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Those missing lowers are never coming for Christmas.
View Quote

Just now figuring that one out.......?
Link Posted: 6/5/2014 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#49]
With no Sention, no DDLES, and no Jon, I'm afraid the screwing that the community has taken is now even harder to unscrew. And the unfortunate need to add a lawyer only adds more good money after bad. Insult to injury, as it were.

Frankly, I'm embarrassed to have been party to this fiasco.

Here's to hoping that the next iteration of this product is a good one, comes right quick, and is served up by people who understand the need for communication, customer service and honoring their commitments.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 11:59:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Anyone looking for one of these in the NOVA area?
Page / 44
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top