Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 44
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:49:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Any updates on the original topic of delivery/refund for 2012/early 2013 orders?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Double Diamond Law Enforcement Supply

1. DDLES does not own or possess any CNC machines.  The machines are either owned or in the possession of Sention Industries Llc.

2. DDLES does not own any of the Intellectual Property.  All of the Intellectual Property (Software, Designs, Jigs, and Fixtures etc) belongs to Sention Industries Llc.

3. DDLES does not manufacture anything.  All of the "DDLES made items" are manufactured by Sention Industries Llc.

4. DDLES does not have a shop where they could manufacture anything.  The shop on Grant Rd is leased and occupied solely (according to Jon Beaudry) by Sention Industries Llc .

5. DDLES does not stock anything.  All Items (according to Jon Beaudry) are dropped shipped from Sention Industries Llc.

6. DDLES has exactly one employee and has had only one employee in 2011, 2012, 2013, and to date in 2014.  That employee is named Jon Beaudry.  All of the employees (A total of 2) at the shop on Grant Rd are employees of Sention Industries Llc.

In the hearing before a Judge in Pima County Superior Court that occurred this last week to dissolve Sention Industries Llc, all of the aforementioned points where undisputed.  

View Quote

An update to all concerned!!

As of 2pm today Sention Industries LLC is no more.  The Judge issued a ruling and found for the Plaintiffs and against Jon.  The company known as Sention Industries LLC was dissolved and can no longer do any business and or manufacturing.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
So what does this mean for us that have been waiting well over a year for paid items?
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#4]
It means we're fucked.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So what does this mean for us that have been waiting well over a year for paid items?
View Quote

Said it before,.....lawyer up!
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It means we're fucked.
View Quote

Quite possibly,.............knew this was coming.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Shit.  Although, I'll admit, my first thought was "wonder who has the CAD files".
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Shit.  Although, I'll admit, my first thought was "wonder who has the CAD files".
View Quote

Could be one heJJ of an investment opportunity.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:51:03 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess he moved to a new place in Tucson on Speedway.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:15:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I guess he moved to a new place in Tucson on Speedway.
View Quote

No way in hell will I ever deal with the guy again,.........
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:53:34 AM EDT
[#11]
He already opened up a new shop??
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 12:10:57 PM EDT
[#12]
It is not a new shop.  As part of the lawsuit he was forced to move DDLES to a "different" location  about a year ago.  This location is a business complex and his "shop" is  just a few hundred square feet of office space with a few computers.  This is not a manufacturing or storage location.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#13]
I wish I had read this entire thread before placing my order with DDLES last week... that said, I feel extremely fortunate that I did get the lower I ordered, and it looks to be an excellent piece, I can't wait to finish my build and shoot it.

It's a shame there are so many out there that are so poor or shady with their business practices and things like this end up happening.  I hope all who are owed get made whole.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 3:04:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Rara I agree. I didn't know what to expect after I ordered and started reading this thread. I did get my lower. Had zero response to emails but hey I got it. I also just scored another one off a local classified add. I feel super lucky for that
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Damn that sucks

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#16]
found ten companies that have 9mm ar bolts in-stock. i paid ddles 17 months ago for mine(2) and still cant get it from. Hopefully REDRX7(mike) can help us.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:53:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

found ten companies that have 9mm ar bolts in-stock. i paid ddles 17 months ago for mine(2) and still cant get it from. Hopefully REDRX7(mike) can help us.
View Quote

Sounds like DDLES is now effectively out of business.  Which sucks.  While it's not at much as others, he's got $390 of my dollars (and has had it for over a year).  

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:01:11 PM EDT
[#18]
i just wish someone would officially say that we got screwed so we can take action instead of hoping he might ship us our parts
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:04:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
i just wish someone would officially say that we got screwed so we can take action instead of hoping he might ship us our parts
View Quote

If what was said was true, he can't since that would be doing business.  Hopefully he refunds everybody.

Really too bad.. I like the 9mm lower.  Glad I have one.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Those of us that he still owes should reply  the amount of hard earned money that  was taken from you, to get a clear value of how much he took. Im curious to see how big this number is gonna get just from this forum.

ME      $459.90-------------------------(two glock bolts) 16 months waiting
---------------------------
Total:  $459.90
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#21]
$1004.00.

Lawsuit pending.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:26:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
$1004.00.

Lawsuit pending.
View Quote

Sorry to hear that it has come to that,..........kinda expected it though.
Sure hope this asshole does not file bankruptcy!
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:43:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$1004.00.

Lawsuit pending.

I fully expect that he will.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Wish one of the big guys would just buy him out
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:05:16 PM EDT
[#25]
For those of you wondering the status of things attached is the court ruling on the lawsuit between Jon Beaudry and his investors.  Also a temporary order was issued today barring anyone from going into the shop on Grant Rd until some items are cleared up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r7q98zc8lkoa1m/Courtruling.pdf
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 11:53:11 PM EDT
[#26]
I was charged for a glock bolt and the service to slot the bolt at 229.95.  Guess that's small money to what Jon Beaudry was scamming all along.  It sickens me those here that defended him.  Now we know the truth!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:12:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
For those of you wondering the status of things attached is the court ruling on the lawsuit between Jon Beaudry and his investors.  Also a temporary order was issued today barring anyone from going into the shop on Grant Rd until some items are cleared up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5r7q98zc8lkoa1m/Courtruling.pdf
View Quote

Since it is dissolved, are the debts owed by DDLES/Cention now the responsibility of Jon and his former partners?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:03:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Any guesses or news on if he's opening up a different shop to keep making glock lowers?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

You got screwed,........get a Lawyer, NOW!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#30]
From my understanding of the case, Sention and DDLES were two separate companies that had one thing in common, Jon Beaudry!  Sention had three owners with Jon Beaudry being the majority owner and manager of the company.  DDLES was entirely owned and run by its single employee, Jon Beaudry.  All orders were placed with and money collected by DDLES.  DDLES made/manufactured nothing!  Jon Beaudry, as sole manager, set it up that Sention could only sell the items it made/manufactured to one client, DDLES.  Jon Beaudry then moved the money taken in by DDLES between multiple accounts (I believe over 10) including his other company Logistical Outcomes and several of his personal ones.  From what I am told the amount of missing money (according to the forensic accountants that have looked at the provided documents) is well into the six figure range.

I noticed last night that Jon Beaudry/DDLES is still taking orders on his website!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:40:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I wonder who the actual manufacturer was. Can a company filing bankrupcy still have patent protection? If so, maybe he will be forced to sell the lower patents to someone else in the industry. Might be a smart time to buy them off.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:43:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
From my understanding of the case, Sention and DDLES were two separate companies that had one thing in common, Jon Beaudry!  Sention had three owners with Jon Beaudry being the majority owner and manager of the company.  DDLES was entirely owned and run by its single employee, Jon Beaudry.  All orders were placed with and money collected by DDLES.  DDLES made/manufactured nothing!  Jon Beaudry, as sole manager, set it up that Sention could only sell the items it made/manufactured to one client, DDLES.  Jon Beaudry then moved the money taken in by DDLES between multiple accounts (I believe over 10) including his other company Logistical Outcomes and several of his personal ones.  From what I am told the amount of missing money (according to the forensic accountants that have looked at the provided documents) is well into the six figure range.

I noticed last night that Jon Beaudry/DDLES is still taking orders on his website!
View Quote

Sounds very close to what I heard from a few that are part of a $60k+ group buy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I wonder who the actual manufacturer was. Can a company filing bankrupcy still have patent protection? If so, maybe he will be forced to sell the lower patents to someone else in the industry. Might be a smart time to buy them off.
View Quote

sention was the manufacturer. all those parts were sold exclusively to DDLES.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:06:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Sention is still in business, so he would have no legal incentive to sell off assets of one company to help another.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:32:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And Sention is still in business, so he would have no legal incentive to sell off assets of one company to help another.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no, Sention is NOT still in business, at least that is how i read the court order posted by tucsonconnection. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong BUT the judge ruled it DISSOLVED.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:37:34 PM EDT
[#36]
So where do we stock up on small parts for these things? They're going to become expensive paper weights should any of the proprietary small parts break.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:53:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So where do we stock up on small parts for these things? They're going to become expensive paper weights should any of the proprietary small parts break.
View Quote

From the guy that buys the CAD files.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

luckily though, the bolt catch spring can be a manipulated milspec one and well... the bolt hold open Jerry-rigged lever... you might just end up with a 9mm without last round bolt hold open function
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been thinking about this ever since post of ruling (which he deserves)...........

I have tried calling rifle gear twice since then, both times no luck.  Was told to email info at rifle gear early this week, still no response on the matter.

I'm strongly thinking about taking all the proprietary parts out of mine and finding a local machine shop to convert them into a cad drawings.  Mine has never been assembled or fired yet.

Anyone have idea on cost to do such?  Any legal issues in me doing so if I ever have to have a new part machined?

Maybe we can reach out to an industry partner with the capabilities and see about getting a group buy of some sort, to get the ball rolling at least to keep the small proprietary parts in circulation............  I don't know but I would feel a whole lot better knowing some parts were available for it.

Should prob start a new thread on the subject though.  This one is way to cluttered.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:49:45 PM EDT
[#40]
The investors alone are out approximately $390,000, and Sention claims to only have approx $21000 in assets. Financial statements did not follow Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. Jon didn't even keep track of sales, accounts payable or receivable, or he didn't provide that possibly incriminating info to the court anyway. Jon felt that books and financial statements were not required for his investors to determine whether the business was profitable .  They also found major discrepancies between Sention's financials and their tax filings.

So where did the assets go. I realize Property, Plant and Equipment depreciates, but not that quickly. Come to think of it, he probably didn't keep track of depreciation expenses either. Other than buying motorcycles, did he take most of the machinery home, or sell it on Ebay/Craigslist?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#41]
All ATF-NFA problems aside. With DDLES no longer a company, what will this mean if I have a Form 1 pending with a DDLES lower?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:57:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
All ATF-NFA problems aside. With DDLES no longer a company, what will this mean if I have a Form 1 pending with a DDLES lower?
View Quote

Nothing. Why would it?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:17:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Nothing. Why would it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing. Why would it?

I thought they had to confirm the manufacturer. If its a non issue, I'm good. Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:32:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nothing.. Being out of business just means they won't be making more firearms.  It does nothing about the firearms that are already existing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#45]
What does Logistical Outcomes do exactly?  I've taken an interest in him and his activities as of late...

Edited for grammar.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:39:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Since it seems a dedicated 9mm AR lower is marketable commodity, I am surprised that none of the larger more reputable manufactures haven't developed similar products.

Because many AR lower manufactures make just lowers and a DDLES "like" lower has unique parts, which AR manufactures could make both lowers and parts? If more knowledgeable people started a list, we can email those manufacturers expressing our interest in them offering a new product.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#47]
As it turns out, Jon Beaudry is still accepting orders on the DDLES website, which is interesting because he has a RESTRAINING ORDER barring him from accessing  the premises of Sention and the place is locked up tight and under 24 hour gaurd.

Anyone considering placing an order might as well write that money off as a donation to the "Help Jon Beaudry leave town fund".

Edited for accuracy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Since it seems a dedicated 9mm AR lower is marketable commodity, I am surprised that none of the larger more reputable manufactures haven't developed similar products.

Because many AR lower manufactures make just lowers and a DDLES "like" lower has unique parts, which AR manufactures could make both lowers and parts? If more knowledgeable people started a list, we can email those manufacturers expressing our interest in them offering a new product.
View Quote

The cad files should be auctioned off, hopefully a reputable manufacturer will buy them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:22:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The cad files should be auctioned off, hopefully a reputable manufacturer will buy them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This!  I'm not worried if the last round hold open breaks, but the other small parts may be important.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:17:50 AM EDT
[#50]
The Trident lower and lower parts look very similar to the DDLES lower and parts. May contact them Monday to ask. They are in Tampa.
I asked them about lowers only but they said complete rifles are too profitable and don't sell lowers.
Page / 44
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top