Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/25/2013 5:12:27 AM EDT
Hate to do it. But I can't find bulk in stock anywhere. The price has almost tripled in 1 month. So if you know a place let us all know please.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 9:01:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I feel your pain, I just recently buit a dedicated upper to convert one of my sbr's to basically just for .22lr---I will be getting my last part needed today (FH).  Now I'm ready to check it out and don't have a single .22lr round to my name--never had any .22lr gun before
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I really never thought I'd see the day that someone felt compelled to post a .22 LR ammo availability thread.

Help us all.  Good luck fellas.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Me neither but have you tried looking online for bulk .22LR? it's crazy.
I was able to buy some CCI at a LGS but still this is nuts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 11:47:17 AM EDT
[#4]
In stock at Cabela's this morning. Snagged a brick and a half.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

what did you get, I was on this mourning and never saw anything instock----looked just now and don't see nothing
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

what did you get, I was on this mourning and never saw anything instock----looked just now and don't see nothing

3 of 21-2176 REMINGTON RIMFIRE AMMO .22LR HV 525RND BRCK @ $23.99 each
In stock-Approx delivery Mon 2/04

That was around 11 am.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]
well thanks for posting---used the # you gave and it pops up not available at this time, I don't know why it didn't come up in my search this am, I know I looked before 11am.  Oh well
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#8]
if anyone has any idea where you could even buy 22lr by the pallet I would be down to do that as a group buy... just have no idea who even sells in those large amounts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 3:35:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Good luck, ten 525 Federal Bulk boxes just sold for 1025.00 on Gunbroker. A case of 200.00 Federal selling for 5 times its original value. Crazy.

Just glad I seen it coming and am well stocked to ride it out till sanity returns..
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Just sold 5k rounds!
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 4:27:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
if anyone has any idea where you could even buy 22lr by the pallet I would be down to do that as a group buy... just have no idea who even sells in those large amounts.

Maybe try the Aguila Texas distributor?  I'd be down for sure, love their Match ammo, runs very similar to CCI Std for me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 5:37:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Boy, I should list my ammo on GunBroker!  The time to buy ammo was six months ago. After many many years of shooting I long ago learned to buy things before you need them.  Over the past few years I would buy stuff on sale and just put it away. I never bought over two bricks or bulk packs at a time. I didn't want to keep any of you from getting your share. Sadly when the panic hit people went crazy. Guys talk about having 100,000 rounds stashed away! Why? Do they really think they will never see it again? The hoarders are why you can't buy ammo. The people who go crazy and buy out every round on the shelf. Then there are the profiteers. They buy it up then double or triple the price. There is one LGS that goes by Walmart every morning and buys all the .22, 9mm, etc. and then takes it to his shop two miles away and sells it for three times what he paid for it. I make it a point to never go in his shop and tell others not to give him their business. He is heartless as are the folks who are sort of like "war profiteers".

You will have ammo again, it will just take time. Oh, I have a fair supply but not 100,000 rounds! No, I normally keep enough on hand to supply my normal needs for a year or two. In times like this I just keep an eye on how much I burn up. Trust me, all those ammo makers are pumping out that stuff as fast as possible. After all, its how they stay in business.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 6:20:15 AM EDT
[#13]
You make a lot of assumptions in your comments.  Some people just like to shoot and they have ammo on hand.  

Quoted:
Boy, I should list my ammo on GunBroker!  The time to buy ammo was six months ago. After many many years of shooting I long ago learned to buy things before you need them.  Over the past few years I would buy stuff on sale and just put it away. I never bought over two bricks or bulk packs at a time. I didn't want to keep any of you from getting your share. Sadly when the panic hit people went crazy. Guys talk about having 100,000 rounds stashed away! Why? Do they really think they will never see it again? The hoarders are why you can't buy ammo. The people who go crazy and buy out every round on the shelf. Then there are the profiteers. They buy it up then double or triple the price. There is one LGS that goes by Walmart every morning and buys all the .22, 9mm, etc. and then takes it to his shop two miles away and sells it for three times what he paid for it. I make it a point to never go in his shop and tell others not to give him their business. He is heartless as are the folks who are sort of like "war profiteers".

You will have ammo again, it will just take time. Oh, I have a fair supply but not 100,000 rounds! No, I normally keep enough on hand to supply my normal needs for a year or two. In times like this I just keep an eye on how much I burn up. Trust me, all those ammo makers are pumping out that stuff as fast as possible. After all, its how they stay in business.

Link Posted: 1/26/2013 7:23:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Well I am not a hoarder or profiteer but I do have around 6000 rounds put away. Lots of varying types as I also shoot my antique rimfires that require shorts,longs and in standard and CB velocitys. I did see this coming as soon as mid last year and thankfully every week I bought a little till it ran out of supply. Would have bought more but have to eat too. We have four people that shoot alot of rimfire in my Family. I, my wife,and three kids. Hope it comes back by midyear as that is not alot to supply 4 shooters. We can easily shoot up atleast a thousand rounds in a outing but may have to cut back some with all this stupidity. What I do not understand is I called Federal and they said they are making ammo 7 days a week and shipping it seven days a week but I asked them how can that be as there is none available to me. Whos getting it and they had no answer...
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Few of the complainers seem to know the culprit for the supply problem and everything else that follows. Last year the govt ordered 6 billion rounds for domestic uses. The manufacturers have not invested in more production. They are producing for the govt orders and leaving a pittance for sale to the PEOPLE. Using the taxes of the PEOPLE to buy and sequester the ammo from the PEOPLE. It is a back door to destroy the 2ND amedment. The major manufactures who get the govt contracts are the one and same that produce the military ammo. Remember the low cost bulk mill spec supply? That is barred from the PEOPLE as well as brass, primers, powder and bullets. All supplies to the PEOPLE are purposely scarce and in itermittent short supply, BY DESIGN in the interests of TYRANNY.

Notice just how quiet this obvious manipulation of the industry is being kept by the MSM. The govt, the military-industrial complex, the world banks, the world wide commodaties industry, the shipping industry and the MSM are all the puppets of the global leaders above and beyond any government.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 10:55:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Few of the complainers seem to know the culprit for the supply problem and everything else that follows. Last year the govt ordered 6 billion rounds for domestic uses. The manufacturers have not invested in more production. They are producing for the govt orders and leaving a pittance for sale to the PEOPLE. Using the taxes of the PEOPLE to buy and sequester the ammo from the PEOPLE. It is a back door to destroy the 2ND amedment. The major manufactures who get the govt contracts are the one and same that produce the military ammo. Remember the low cost bulk mill spec supply? That is barred from the PEOPLE as well as brass, primers, powder and bullets. All supplies to the PEOPLE are purposely scarce and in itermittent short supply, BY DESIGN in the interests of TYRANNY.

Notice just how quiet this obvious manipulation of the industry is being kept by the MSM. The govt, the military-industrial complex, the world banks, the world wide commodaties industry, the shipping industry and the MSM are all the puppets of the global leaders above and beyond any government.

Dude, now I know why they were out of tinfoil and ammo at WalMart yesterday!

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 12:52:10 PM EDT
[#17]
GD here we come.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 2:39:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 5:44:56 AM EDT
[#19]
The actual fact is that around three million guns were bought in the last two months! If everyone wanted just 200 rds of ammo for each one, that's 6,000,000 rds of ammo at a low guess for demand! Add to that all the regular usage, and there you have a big shortage!

Just my .02 .................

Link Posted: 1/28/2013 6:04:27 AM EDT
[#20]
had an email alert for some cci mini mags at wally world, got down there and they were gone
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#21]
CCI alone pumps out over 4 million rounds of 22 per day.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 6:49:27 AM EDT
[#22]
That oughta cover the hoarders in one state I guess!
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 1:53:23 PM EDT
[#23]
well I got lucky today and found some value packs at my local walmart----got the last 3 they had
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The actual fact is that around three million guns were bought in the last two months! If everyone wanted just 200 rds of ammo for each one, that's 6,000,000 rds of ammo at a low guess for demand! Add to that all the regular usage, and there you have a big shortage!

Just my .02 .................

600,000,000 is the number you were looking for there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Aguila .22 via CMP.  120 days, $250 for 5k.  Repost from GD

http://www.odcmp.com/Sales/ammo.htm
Link Posted: 1/28/2013 3:15:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
GD here we come.

No doubt.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 3:07:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Just picked up 3000 min mags.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 4:08:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Whaaa?
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 4:25:52 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whaaa?

Wow.....

Check Cabela's periodically throughout the day. They have been in-stock on Fed 325-packs intermittently the last few days.

Link Posted: 2/6/2013 7:07:48 AM EDT
[#30]
The only 22LR I have been able to find locally (regularly checking 2 gun stores and 2 Wal Marts) is CCI Subsonics.  They had a 1 box limit on 22LR, 5 box limit on everything else.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Whaaa?

Wow.....

Check Cabela's periodically throughout the day. They have been in-stock on Fed 325-packs intermittently the last few days.

my girlfriend bought me 3 of these and some Mini Mags for my birfday
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 6:37:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Nice Girl

It is funny, my local Walmart has not had any .22 since december, but they have a 3 box limit sign up. I guess having a limit on purchases probably is kinda a mute point when there is not any boxes to buy. They have really had no ammo since Dec. in any calibers. Now even the Shotgun shells are close to dry here. There used to be plenty of that till up to about two weeks ago. So look for Shotgun ammo to join the shortage ranks very soon..

My local guy still has a few bricks of CCI Standard velocity come in and I actually will probably grab one tommorow. He did raise his price to 40.00 from 32.00..
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 7:01:15 PM EDT
[#33]
I have a lot of .22 ammo but not all of it is the kind I would shoot out of an AR-22 (I have ABUNCH of Remington Thunderbolt). I've been on the lookout for more Federal bulk packs but no luck
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top