AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2012 3:33:08 PM EDT
http://www.plinkertactical.com/magazines.htm

Just found out about these.

Anybody got one that cares to comment?
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 3:52:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any yet.  The initial reviews have been sort of mixed.   There seems to have been some initial issues, and I don't know if they have been sorted yet, so I'm waiting for the "all clear".

Here's one of the threads about them over at the S&W forum:
http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/253500-plinker-tactical-35-round-magazine.html
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 4:39:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Look really really long and possibly hard to load. I would go with a 50 round BlackDog Drum way before I would consider one of those. The Drums are very easy to load and you get 15 more rounds, if high capacity is what you are after.. The BlackDogs also function perfectly..
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 2:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Blackdog 50 round drum and I've had some issues with it. Just picked up one of the Plinker Tactical 35-rounder and the Pro-mag 32-rounder to test out this weekend. The Plinker Tactical one uses a speed loader if you don't want to give your thumbs a workout.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 3:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
What kind of issues are you having with the BlackDog drums? Our two run 100% flawless. Just curious to know what the problems are you are having with them...Thanks
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 5:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I've got two of the black dog drums too and they have functioned 100%.

I just like having a variety of extended capacity mags and was wondering about this 35 rounder.

Will be picking up some more black dog drums when I get my second M&P

15-22.
Link Posted: 10/1/2012 7:17:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What kind of issues are you having with the BlackDog drums? Our two run 100% flawless. Just curious to know what the problems are you are having with them...Thanks

I've had the same experience love the black dog 50.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 7:55:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Although the idea of having a lot of rounds in 1 magazine is intriguing I find the M&P 15-22 to be a great training aid and training on doing smooth magazines changes is part of that training.

It's nice to know that there is a drum out there that appears to be reliable, I just don't see it as something that helps my mag changing skills. Even shooting in the local Tactical .22 Matches it's part of the fun to have to change a mag in mid-stream and get back on target.......maybe that's the neanderthal in me shining through.
Link Posted: 10/4/2012 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#8]
The OEM's are relatively cheap, abundant and reliable.  I'm not sure a little extra capacity really floats my boat.  The added size and the absence of follower pull-down tabs seems like a real negative.
Did see a 10 rounder (presume OEM) at a local Friends of the NRA dinner, and I can see the merit of that to bench it.
Moon
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 2:40:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I had some issues with the federal bulk pack not feeding well in the blackdog drum. I switched to CCI tactical for competitions and it has been working fine.

I tested out the Plinker Tactical and the Pro-mag 15-22 mags. Loaded each mag 4-5 times and didn't have any feed issues with either one. I forgot my speed loader for the Plinker Tactical mag, so it was somewhat difficult to load it up. I know Pro-Mag doesn't have the best rep but their mag is very similar to the stock 15-22 mag and was pretty easy to load.
Link Posted: 10/10/2012 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The OEM's are relatively cheap, abundant and reliable.  I'm not sure a little extra capacity really floats my boat.  The added size and the absence of follower pull-down tabs seems like a real negative.
Did see a 10 rounder (presume OEM) at a local Friends of the NRA dinner, and I can see the merit of that to bench it.
Moon

In some competitions, the round count for a stage can be more than 26, so you have to do a mag change. Having a mag with the same or more capacity than a standard AR15 makes it a bit easier.

I have the shorty 10-rounder as well. Works good when my daughter is shooting it.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top