Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/5/2011 12:48:21 PM EDT
Stripped or complete, doesn't really matter to me.  Opinions on the best one?
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#1]
DDLES

Photo was posted by PCLazarus HERE
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 1:29:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't know if it is the "best", but I am very happy with my CMMG 9mm dedicated lower.  It is very good quality and reasonably priced.  Mine is off being engraved in preparation for my Form 1 SBR submission sometime this month (as soon as I find a spare $200).

Link Posted: 12/6/2011 5:30:35 AM EDT
[#4]
NoDak Spud with Colt / Colt pattern block rollpinned.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 9:27:04 AM EDT
[#5]
RRA dedicated magwell...but I'm a little bias toward them. I waited till the dedicated magwell lowers came out before I made the jump intop the 9mm world. Far too many people with mag block issues for me. I don't dig fiddeling with my guns to get them to run.

Link Posted: 12/6/2011 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Ive got three RRA's.  But id buy a CMMG without hesitation too.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 12:13:33 PM EDT
[#7]
I'll second the DDLES. I absolutely love mine!
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 5:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I really like the small mag well in the ddles, pretty sick. Not that bad of a price for a complete lower either.

I guess a high end jewel trigger would be kinda pointless on something like that, right?
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 6:13:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I plan to make a 9mm my next AR build and I am going with the DDLES. I like the small magwell design and have heard good things about the product. Worth the wait!
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 10:13:03 PM EDT
[#10]
How many companies are making the lowers now?
Link Posted: 12/7/2011 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Love my DDLES.
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I consider myself an AR newbie, but have fired M16's in the service 35 years ago, and owned an SP1 before the AW ban, and a buddy talked me out of it..

I recently traded into an Olympic Arms AR15 carbine in 9mm with dedicated lower.. I liked it because it uses standard Glock mags, which are cheap and plentyful..It came with a bunch of 32 round mags, but I have since bought a few 17 round mags.. They make shooting from a rest easier..

The Oly shoots very well, and I have not seen it fail to fire in any of the hundred or so rounds my buddy, my daughter and I have put down the barrel so far.. The lower would fail to hold the bolt open after the last round when I got the rifle, but this turned out to be a loose screw which holds down the link which actuates the bolt hold back..

Now to find out if a 40 S&W top will work with my lower.. Obviously different mags, but I think I would like a 40 S&W over the 9mm..

flk k
Link Posted: 12/26/2011 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#13]
RRA, DDLES and CMMG are the only ones I can think of that are dedicated 9mm lowers. Lone Wolf makes a lower that takes Glock mags, although they've had some issues (I can't comment on whether or not they've fixed those issues) and they have had trouble keeping up with demand (Can't comment on whether or not they are still having a problem with that either). If you dont want a dedicated lower, then just get a quality lower and a good magblock and it should run fine.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Ditto.
Quoted:
Colt

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I owned Colt, RRA, CMMG and currently have a DDLE in route. They all worked perfectly. All of these I had also had mag blocks, they were older models before the dedicated came out. RRA had a RRA mag block, CMMG has a Hahn dedicated block and the Colt was factory 2 peice pinned in place, I beleive you can't go wrong with any one of them.

Only one I have currently is the CMMG and looking foward to the DDLE build, it will start life as a pistol then SBR is in the very near future.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 1:58:14 PM EDT
[#16]
DDLES looks awesome !
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#17]
I like the look of the Double Diamond but I went with the CMMG. Why?   $$$$$$  

My CMMG has been flawless and the price was right. Go look it up.  I also have a RRA magwell adapter in another rifle (Cav Arms) and it is also flawless...once you figured out how to set it up.
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 10:35:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I went with the LWD and glad I did. It run flawless and a great lookin lower also. Dedicated for Glock mags was just the icing on the cake for me. Got a second upper built finally so I'm about to order another.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top