Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
Page:  / 3
Next Page  
Author
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/7/2011 7:13:54 PM
.....ummmm, ummmmm......Midway is also where I bought the 20rd Metalform mags

Damn it, what do you think credit cards are for!
O.K....I sold all my HKs, but I have to keep my Identity!
ALASKANFIRE
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2011 11:29:10 AM
Awesome thread. I am dangerously close to pulling the trigger on a JSE barrel
Originally Posted By swingset
No one wants to eat right and exercise, and lower their stress levels, all of which will come in a lot more handy than a home defense carbine and chest rig

ANIMUS
Rude pricks need a serious traumatic life experie
AR-fan
Ummmmm, donuts.
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2011 11:59:01 AM
[Last Edit: 11/12/2011 12:01:20 PM by AR-fan]
Originally Posted By ALASKANFIRE:
Awesome thread. I am dangerously close to pulling the trigger on a JSE barrel

This thread is kinda hidden behind the original question about the ProMag magblocks –– but the thread actually includes a lot of other little bits of info.

Don't know if you already have one or not but JSE also has the ramped 9mm bolts back in stock for $150.

Is that a Dunk'n Donuts I see?
blaster_54738
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2011 4:12:43 PM
Just waiting on my free float tube to finish it all up. I've hand cycled it holding the barrel on and everything seems to work good using metal form mags.
HK_DUDE
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2011 7:22:10 PM
[Last Edit: 11/12/2011 7:23:16 PM by HK_DUDE]
What do you get when you bumpfire a 9mm AR, have an out of battery blast, and have a plastic mag block?

AR-fan
Ummmmm, donuts.
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2011 7:46:55 PM
Originally Posted By HK_DUDE:
What do you get when you bumpfire a 9mm AR, have an out of battery blast, and have a plastic mag block?

Oop! Don't tell me you found the weak point in owning a plastic magblock?
Is that a Dunk'n Donuts I see?
blaster_54738
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2011 8:04:22 PM

I don't like where this is going...
HK_DUDE
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2011 8:32:16 PM
Pics and details soon.
HK_DUDE
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2011 8:52:59 PM
[Last Edit: 11/12/2011 9:02:36 PM by HK_DUDE]
Here's my story...

Was up in northern MN today shooting with a gun buddy. Brought out the new 9mm AR and ran a mag through it, sighting it in with the Vetcor reddot at 25 yards. Got it close enough (and this barrel shot pretty nice and tight groups too....only 25 yards, but is it just a 9mm). Decided to run another mag, still perfect, no issues. Decided I needed to bump a 20rd mag through it, because 9mm ARs typically bumo to beat hell. It was a double, then the rest of the mag in one string...ran perfect.

Long story short, a couple more non-bumping mags later I decide to bump again.........bang, bang, bang, bang....BANG-POOF. The half loaded may is blown out the bottom of the gun, cloud of smoke, strang sounding bang. I knew right away what happened. It isn't that uncommon for a blow back gun to have an OOB when bumping.

I wrote it off as no big deal, but then loked inside the bottom of the mag well......there were pieces blown of the mag block here and there, and the rest of the block that was still in the magwell was in a number of pieces. I ended up pulling it out of the lower in the already broken parts....and then took these pictures of what I had left in the pile:

Doesn't appear to be any other damage to the gun anywhere, nobody got hurt.

So, this block was great, but if you want to bumpfire you risk getting an OOB and it may destroy the mag block.

I am not sure which direction to go this time........probably get a CMMG designated 9mm lower.

I would still reccomend this block, as long as you have no intentions of bumping.
blaster_54738
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2011 9:24:14 PM
I didn't have any plans on that so we'll see what happens, has me kind of nervous now but we'll see. Mine should be up and running Wednesday so I'll try and take it out.
HK_DUDE
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/12/2011 9:30:21 PM
[Last Edit: 11/12/2011 9:30:42 PM by HK_DUDE]
I should also mention that OOBs can happen even when not bumping. Shooting real fast, very dirty chamber, etc.....

I wouldn't worry about it though......it can happen to any blow back gun, so one never knows....it just seems to increase the odds when bumping.
blaster_54738
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/16/2011 2:41:36 PM
Well here's mine all finished. Don't know when I'll make it to the range to test it though

HK_DUDE
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/16/2011 2:52:00 PM
Looks Good!
sparty
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/20/2011 7:07:25 PM
Well I got my barrel and mag block in the other day....awhile ago The barrel is nice. Its going to eventually be sbr'ed or perm 9inch flash hider with suppressor (stupid state laws, long story)

Comparison to the cproducts block (promag, cproducts, promag). The promag feed ramp is a cheaper metal, but appears to have the correct angle, unlike the cproducts one which I had to correct with a dremel.

IMAG0141 by on Flickr" />

IMAG0132 by , on Flickr" />

IMAG0140 by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/30170927@N05/[/url], on Flickr" />

Sorry to hear about the OOB. I've had my slide fire stock on my 9mm AR with no problems. I guess I'll just have to take that risk. Is there any way to reduce the rate of fire while bumping or some other way to avoid this?

kevins_garage
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/21/2011 10:33:28 AM
That's too bad about the block. How was the magazine?

It isn't that uncommon for a blow back gun to have an OOB when bumping.

I haven't heard of very many - can actually count the number I've heard of/seen on one hand...if it were somewhat common, you'd think you'd be hearing about them all the time with all the people that bump them or run them FA...

I wonder if you there was something else...possibly ammo issue (reloads?) - chamber too tight/short - bolt bouncing too much - firing pin tight or sticking intermittently...
HK_DUDE
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/21/2011 10:49:27 AM
Originally Posted By kevins_garage:
That's too bad about the block. How was the magazine?

It isn't that uncommon for a blow back gun to have an OOB when bumping.

I haven't heard of very many - can actually count the number I've heard of/seen on one hand...if it were somewhat common, you'd think you'd be hearing about them all the time with all the people that bump them or run them FA...

I wonder if you there was something else...possibly ammo issue (reloads?) - chamber too tight/short - bolt bouncing too much - firing pin tight or sticking intermittently...

Maybe I shouldn't say common.

In my experience alone, I have maybe had 4-5 with 2-3 different guns. That is more then I have ever had with shooting any other similar type/caliber of weapon. I have had one in a Feather 9mm a long ass time ago, and the rest where here and there in different ARs.

I don't know this for sure, but I thought on the FA units there is something tripping the hamer, so the timing would allow the bolt to be fully closed?

I have never really mentioned anything when I have had the others (over a long period of tme) because nothing typically happens to the gun....

I don't know....? Maybe there was something else at the root of this one, I will see if I can figure out anything else that may have caused it. FYI....all the other ones that I have had in the past with different guns, we all using factory ammo.
kevins_garage
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/21/2011 2:14:20 PM
From what little I can see of the brass in your pic, it almost looks like the round may have detonated entirely outside of the chamber.

I would have expected your brass to look more like this from a more normal OOB discharge.
HK_DUDE
Link To This Post
Posted: 11/21/2011 3:44:51 PM
Originally Posted By kevins_garage:
From what little I can see of the brass in your pic, it almost looks like the round may have detonated entirely outside of the chamber.

I would have expected your brass to look more like this from a more normal OOB discharge.
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/af254/targettime/100_5000.jpg

You are correct. The picture you posted is what some of the others I have had look like. I think the case head must have been ripped off in the process of this one.

Unless it had something to do with my plated bullets. I have ran about 3000+ of them through other guns.

Sooo many thoughts going through my head..haha.
Page:  / 3
Next Page