BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 8/12/2011 7:13:51 AM EDT
Anyone have any experiance with them? I was on their website and see they have  lowers that take Glock mags. I am interested.

I have a G17 and the thought of having a weapon system that takes the same mags as my pistol seems a good idea.

Link here
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#1]
My mistake, These are preorders....
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 9:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 10:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one of their dedicated 9mm lowers. Very nice piece, but I ordered it in January with an estimated wait time of 2 weeks.  Checked on it several times and finally received it in July.

I won't order from them again, unless they have what I want in stock.

Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:36:51 AM EDT
[#4]
DDLES, While sporting some very unique receivers, seems off in their delivery. Call first, but when you get one you'll have the talk of the town.
Link Posted: 8/13/2011 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks fo the link to Lone Wolf. They seem to be a little cheaper priced for a complete lower. I will keep them in mind when I am ready to purchase.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I would like to extend our apologies for those customers that had to wait such a long time during our move. Our relocation also included new employees, new equipment, and some construction on the new location. These things slowed production down during our transition.

We are getting settled now and just got our last new machine powered up. We are very excited that with the new space, new machines and new employees we will be able to produce some new and exciting designs.

We are very sorry for the delay in filling some orders and we would like to assure you that future orders will be filled in a timely fashion.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#7]
$609 for a 9mm complete lower?
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:18:34 PM EDT
[#8]
We have many options so I am not sure what option you selected, but our base level complete 9mm lower is $519.95, but that does include a Vltor IMOD stock.

In comparison the CMMG 9mm complete lower is listed at $325.95. Considering the Vltor Stock kit is listed at $99.95 the price difference between a similarly equipped complete lower is $94.05. At that point you are paying for quality.

I accept that some people will see the value and some won’t.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok, $324.95 for a stripped billet lower. The fact that it accepts Glock mags and the other features would be worth another $200 to me.
Personally, I would go with the stripped lower.
Will the lower accept a standard LPK?

I'm asking because I'm seriously looking to build a 9mm SBR and since I'm stocked on Glocks and Glock mags, that is the direction I would go.
Dave N
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 1:37:07 PM EDT
[#10]
AR-15 Dedicated 9mm Lower (Vltor matching)
http://www.shop.doublediamondsupply.com/Glock-9mm-Vltor-Matching-VMG.htm
Material: 6061 Aluminum
Selector Marking: Text (SAFE, FIRE)
Engraving Under Anodizing: No Engraving
Stripped or Assembled: Complete Rifle Lower (+$285.00)
Price: $324.95  
Adjusted Price: $609.95

CMMG 9mm complete lower is listed at $325.95

Cheap Sells.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 2:07:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Ok, $324.95 for a stripped billet lower. The fact that it accepts Glock mags and the other features would be worth another $200 to me.
Personally, I would go with the stripped lower.
Will the lower accept a standard LPK?

I'm asking because I'm seriously looking to build a 9mm SBR and since I'm stocked on Glocks and Glock mags, that is the direction I would go.
Dave N

Yes, our lowers take the standard lower parts kit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Cheap Sells.

You selected the Vltor matching lower, machined to match the Vltor upper. That comes at a premium due to the extra machine time and adds $50.00 to the price. Just saying it would be cheaper.

I understand we are not the cheapest option out there. Not everyone’s goal is to offer the cheapest product. We are trying to offer the best product. It is hard to offer the best and be the cheapest. We are however trying to have the best value and I think we have done very well at that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 3:11:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Do you have any actual pics of your Glock 9mm lower with an upper attached and a 33rd Glock mag in it? I'm just curious on how it looks. I understand that the  bottom of the 9mm bolt has to be machined to work with Glock mags. Do you sell the bolt separately? I already have one of your lowers and it's been 100% reliable. I'm just thinking that if I get your Glock lower, I could just use my upper with a different bolt.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do you have any actual pics of your Glock 9mm lower with an upper attached and a 33rd Glock mag in it? I'm just curious on how it looks. I understand that the  bottom of the 9mm bolt has to be machined to work with Glock mags. Do you sell the bolt separately? I already have one of your lowers and it's been 100% reliable. I'm just thinking that if I get your Glock lower, I could just use my upper with a different bolt.

Good idea.
Link Posted: 8/18/2011 4:45:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Are these receivers low shelf?
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 3:22:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheap Sells.

You selected the Vltor matching lower, machined to match the Vltor upper. That comes at a premium due to the extra machine time and adds $50.00 to the price. Just saying it would be cheaper.

I understand we are not the cheapest option out there. Not everyone’s goal is to offer the cheapest product. We are trying to offer the best product. It is hard to offer the best and be the cheapest. We are however trying to have the best value and I think we have done very well at that.

While the CMMG dedicated lower may be "cheap" as you call it, I ran one on full auto and it never failed.
Just doesn't take Glock mags.
Dave N

Link Posted: 8/19/2011 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We are going to offer a ready to shoot bolt for the 9mm Glock mag lower.
Link Posted: 8/19/2011 11:38:19 AM EDT
[#18]
How about a less expensive complete lower option? Maybe offer a standard M4 style stock assembly or a Magpul MOE stock as options instead of just the VLTOR Imod?
Link Posted: 8/20/2011 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#19]
I ordered a complete lower receiver from DDLEs back in Feb and just got it a couple weeks ago.

The same day I ordered the complete CMMG upper receiver from Area51Tactical (I think I am remembering that name right) and an Aimpoint and mount from LaRue.  The upper, Aimpoint, and mount where on my front porch in a matter of days.

That wait was horrible, really horrible.  It reminded me of the last month or so before Christmas when I was a kid and I was really excited about what I might get except it wasn't one month to wait it was stretched over several months.  So the bad part was waiting so long for it and being reminded that I was waiting every time I opened the safe and saw the upper receiver sitting on the shelf all by its self.

The good part....well, first off every time I called DDLES the folks there were nice and gave me an update on the progress of the lower.  They explained that they were going through some changes and that it would take longer than usual.  The main thing to me was they seemed very customer service oriented.  One of the guys even called my FFL for me when she got a case of the ass over sending copies to them.  They seemed like nice folks.

When I finally got the lower I was impressed.  It looked great.  It felt like it was put together well.  The finish was great.  It even makes me laugh because I ordered mine with Safe and Zombies instead of Safe and Fire.  It fits perfectly with my CMMG upper and the finishes match really well.  The only thing I am disappointed with is that I had to wait so long to get my hands on it, but it is worth the money in my opinion and you can't beat the mag well actually being the right size for the magazines.  It's a 9mm ar that looks like it is supposed to be for 9mm.  

I have had it for a couple weeks and I am ashamed to say I haven't fired it yet.  I have been busy at work and with family events and just haven't had the time.  It has been cleaned, assembled, and lubricated though....the first chance I get I'm going to test it out.  Overall I think it's a great lower and when I get enough cash I'll be buying one of their uppers.  

If you don't mind the possibilty of a wait, you won't be disappointed with the lower....and no I don't work for DDLES.
Link Posted: 9/7/2011 11:31:04 PM EDT
[#20]
4 months and counting with NO lower!!  Buyer beware when dealing with DDLES. Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT order online. Call and make sure they are in stock. They do return emails and answer calls, but only offer the excuse of the week.  I bought into the 4-6 weeks claim on their website. This is the first time I hear about a new facility. That excuse has not been given to me, YET!
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 5:30:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Do they charge ya'll when you order the lower or when they're ready to ship?
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 6:04:16 AM EDT
[#22]
I have been paid up since the day I placed the order.
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 2:59:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I have been paid up since the day I placed the order.

Hate that, money sitting stagnant somewhere else instead of using it now for something else. Hopefully DDLES comes thru. Good luck bro!
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 7:16:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
4 months and counting with NO lower!!  Buyer beware when dealing with DDLES. Do NOT, I repeat DO NOT order online. Call and make sure they are in stock. They do return emails and answer calls, but only offer the excuse of the week.  I bought into the 4-6 weeks claim on their website. This is the first time I hear about a new facility. That excuse has not been given to me, YET!

Sorry to hear that. I got my 9mm lower from them as expected, however mine was "custom" since I wanted it anodized over my engraving for my trust so I was expecting 3-4 months in total.

Were you just getting a run-of-the-mill lower or were you having it engraved as well?

ETA - To add that the lower is awesome, form and function are superb. Only need a suppressor to finish the build.
Link Posted: 9/9/2011 9:37:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Mine was ordered in January, promised to be delivered 2 weeks later.  I finally got it in July.  I am happy with it though. Spikes upper receiver and barrel, CMMG bolt.

Link Posted: 9/9/2011 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that. I got my 9mm lower from them as expected, however mine was "custom" since I wanted it anodized over my engraving for my trust so I was expecting 3-4 months in total.

Were you just getting a run-of-the-mill lower or were you having it engraved as well?

ETA - To add that the lower is awesome, form and function are superb. Only need a suppressor to finish the build.

I did the same thing, only I was told 4-6 weeks for the custom job.  I also chose the 7075-T6, which I just finally gave in and took a 6061-T6 a couple of weeks ago because they were "in stock" my ASS.  Last promised date is next Thursday.  If it's not sent by then, I'm done.  Getting my cash back.
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 7:01:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Senorx, please let us know how you make out. I've been looking at their products for a couple months now and getting close to ordering. This thread is disheartening.
Link Posted: 9/11/2011 10:48:47 PM EDT
[#28]
I really love mine.  It hasn't missed a beat.  Pretty impressed by the quality.  I didn't wait long to get mine since I did call them for availability when I ordered mine.. though I've had mine for over a year.
Quality build, and definitely worth purchasing.  Didn't know they were going to do Glock mag versions.. might have to contact them about it later.

Here's mine.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:19:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Can someone that has a double diamond lower tell me if it locks back in the last round. I was told the Wolf gen 2 glock lower does not.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 2:09:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can someone that has a double diamond lower tell me if it locks back in the last round. I was told the Wolf gen 2 glock lower does not.

Glock mag lowers won't without a pretty significant redesign of the bolt catch.   Seeing as DD hasn't released their Glock lowers yet, there's no way to know for sure if they did the necessary redesigns, but I doubt it.  The Colt pattern lowers will lock the bolt back with Colt style mags.
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 12:24:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock mag lowers won't without a pretty significant redesign of the bolt catch.   Seeing as DD hasn't released their Glock lowers yet, there's no way to know for sure if they did the necessary redesigns, but I doubt it.  The Colt pattern lowers will lock the bolt back with Colt style mags.

According to their website the Glock lowers will have last round hold open. HERE

QUOTE from page:
Q4 '11 Release
- Last Round Hold Open
- Compatible with Glock 9mm/.40/.357sig/.40GAP Magazines
- 6061-T6 or 7075-T6 Aluminum
- Type III Hard Coat Anodizing
- Billet Machined
- Standard Forged or Vltor
-Matched Profile
- Upper Receiver Tensioning Screw
- Self-Centering Ejector
- No Magazine Modifications NecessaryComplete Lowers include the following:
- 9mm Compatible Lower Parts Kit
- VLTOR Imod Carbine Stock
- VLTOR Milspec Receiver Extension, Staked
- 9mm Buffer- Magpul MOE Grip
Link Posted: 9/21/2011 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The 9mm Colt mag version does lock back.  Don't know about the Glock version
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did the same thing, only I was told 4-6 weeks for the custom job.  I also chose the 7075-T6, which I just finally gave in and took a 6061-T6 a couple of weeks ago because they were "in stock" my ASS.  Last promised date is next Thursday.  If it's not sent by then, I'm done.  Getting my cash back.

hey, did you ever get this issue resolved? i am in tucson and not far from their shop.  its a small community here and i know these guys.  i can stop by the new shop and see what's going.

it's been awhile since i've been in there so it would not be a problem to poke them a little and let him know there's some bad blood out here. i know there were some set backs during the move-in around the first of the year.  jon is actually a pretty generous guy, he sold me a 9mm lower dirt cheap when he was doing the pre-production stuff and getting the bugs worked out of the program. all i had to do was shoot the hell out of it and report back.

so send me your order info and i'll see what i can do.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 8:44:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disregard.  My lower or should I say lowers were delivered last Friday.  Spoke with John, the owner.  They threw in two magazines and get this a FREE 9MM lower for the wait.  DDLES came through and I'm glad I waited.  These lowers are very well made and worth the wait!

hey, did you ever get this issue resolved? i am in tucson and not far from their shop.  its a small community here and i know these guys.  i can stop by the new shop and see what's going.

it's been awhile since i've been in there so it would not be a problem to poke them a little and let him know there's some bad blood out here. i know there were some set backs during the move-in around the first of the year.  jon is actually a pretty generous guy, he sold me a 9mm lower dirt cheap when he was doing the pre-production stuff and getting the bugs worked out of the program. all i had to do was shoot the hell out of it and report back.

so send me your order info and i'll see what i can do.

Disregard.  My lower or should I say lowers were delivered last Friday.  Spoke with John, the owner.  They threw in two magazines and get this a FREE 9MM lower for the wait.  DDLES came through and I'm glad I waited.  These lowers are very well made and worth the wait!

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 11:16:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Wow.. that's pretty generous.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#36]
i stopped in there this morning to let him know there was some unhappy people here and i got that story too. jon's a good guy, from what i can tell he just needs to get spooled up to handle the volume.  i was a little shocked to hear about the free lower too but its good to see him make up for lost faith.

when i was there i saw the 2 new CNC's he brought in just since they moved in earlier this year. one of them is capable of making barrels. guess the plans are to make 9mm barrels first.

one other new item is a free floating railed hand guard that bolts over the standard barrel nut.  it was the first proto type he made just the other day.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 1:53:15 PM EDT
[#37]
i bought a DDLES 9mm lower last year and it was delivered promptly, with my trust info properly engraved.   i was so impressed with it that i ordered a 556 lower this year.   i had to wait for two or three months, but it came in, and i can honestly say its the nicest lower ive ever seen.  

the wait sucks, but IMHO, they are the nicest lowers out there.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Went by there today to get a 9mm lower for a future SBR.  They had quite a few lowers in stock, and the quantities match what is on the website.  Jon said he was caught up with the backorders and should be good to go now.

While I was waiting to get my lower engraved he clued me in to some of the things in the pipeline.  There will be 7.5" 9mm barrels in the near future with others to follow after that.  The new handguards are really nice.  The 9mm mags they have are Metalform with a slick coating inside and out, I will be getting some in the future.  Jon mentioned a discout if you buy in multiples of 5 or 10.

The glock lowers are not quite done yet but should be very soon.

Jon is a very nice guy working very hard.  If you are considering a DDLES lower don't worry, you won't be disappointed.

I am not connected with them in any way, just a satisfied customer.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Deciding between the DDLE and the lone wolf. Still deciding of which one. Price is close enough but just want the best lower possible.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Considering ordering one of these but wondering what the vltor "profile" is?
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They do some mods to make it match the VLTOR upper better.  Not worth it in my opinion.  Plus when I was buying mine, it was out of stock.  If your not going to build on a VLTOR upper, then it would be a no brainer on not getting.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do some mods to make it match the VLTOR upper better.  Not worth it in my opinion.  Plus when I was buying mine, it was out of stock.  If your not going to build on a VLTOR upper, then it would be a no brainer on not getting.

Thanks for that info.

If you are using an upper with a ramped bolt (cmmg) and you have a regular parts kit is there any other parts you need for this lower that wouldn't come in a normal parts kit aside from 9mm buffer?
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Deciding between the DDLE and the lone wolf. Still deciding of which one. Price is close enough but just want the best lower possible.

The DDLES Glock lower isn't out yet, but I can guarantee it will be higher quality than the Lone Wolf.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The DDLES Glock lower isn't out yet, but I can guarantee it will be higher quality than the Lone Wolf.

Great. I will pre-order one.
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
There 9mm lowers are sweet and worth the price. I ordered mine when they just moved into the new shop so my wait was not to bad. Less time than a NFA tax stamp. Now that they are all set up any new order should not take long at all even with custom engraving...

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 4:19:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Is the 7075 upgrade worth the $50?  Mine won't be shot a lot but enough since I can't shoot it in my indoor range.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Is the 7075 upgrade worth the $50?  Mine won't be shot a lot but enough since I can't shoot it in my indoor range.

Well seeing as they make AR-15 lowers out of plastic ( well some kind of  composite material) I think the standard 6061 will be just fine for most people. That it what I got and I think it's just fine...

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If you are using an upper with a ramped bolt (cmmg) and you have a regular parts kit is there any other parts you need for this lower that wouldn't come in a normal parts kit aside from 9mm buffer?

No, You just need the LPK, the unique parts for the bolt stop DD provides installed.

Quoted:

I got 6061 and it is perfectly fine.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 4:08:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well seeing as they make AR-15 lowers out of plastic ( well some kind of  composite material) I think the standard 6061 will be just fine for most people. That it what I got and I think it's just fine...

I spoke to the DDLES rep about this, he said their test guns run a 6061 lower FA with no problems.  Mine is also 6061.

Link Posted: 10/12/2011 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#50]
I'll also be ordering one of the DD 9mm Glock mag lowers once they are done.  I'm not interested in waiting so if anyone hears about them being in stock, please let us know!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top