User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2009 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I drove an hour and 15 min.  to find some today.  I only got 2 because they were so expensive.  A local dealer had some Remington thunderbolt but I don't like that crap.

I have been looking for a couple months with no luck. I finally broke down and picked up the only stuff I could find. One brick of Remington Thunderbolt for $28 (limit one per customer)

Desperate times . . . .
Link Posted: 7/13/2009 8:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Midway has Aguila Super Maximum 30gr plated RN and HP bricks in stock.  Midway
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 5:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
There is a damn fine line between greed and good sense.  I'll let you guys decide for yourselves which side you're on.
Moon
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 5:45:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
My order from Cabelas finally came in. I got 1000 rds of hyper-velocity Super Max Aguila and 2000 rds of Fed bulk pak. I also got three free dry boxes combined. It took about two months for the ammo  to come in but nobody locally has any .22LR. Some stores have had some but  unless you get there when the delivery truck arrives you will be out of luck.

If you look at Cabelas price compared to others, you usually pay somewhere between $10-$15 per "free" dry box.
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My order from Cabelas finally came in. I got 1000 rds of hyper-velocity Super Max Aguila and 2000 rds of Fed bulk pak. I also got three free dry boxes combined. It took about two months for the ammo  to come in but nobody locally has any .22LR. Some stores have had some but  unless you get there when the delivery truck arrives you will be out of luck.

If you look at Cabelas price compared to others, you usually pay somewhere between $10-$15 per "free" dry box.

I was at a local Gun shop and the Federal bulk packs were priced at $40. I just saw some Thunderolt at Walmart but still no Federal bulk packs. I dont mind paying extra for the dry boxes as I can always find uses for them.
Link Posted: 7/15/2009 9:37:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No .22lr at any of my four local Walmarts but I did find where it all is.  A local gun shop has it all and is now rationing it out to his customers one box at a time.  The price was $29.97 per box for the Federal Bulk Packs.

That is because your local shop is going to Walmart early in the AM and buying it all so they can mark it up like dicks. I caught a place locally doing that, and posted about it in our hometown forum so everyone knows who is ripping people's heads off.

X10 on Local Shops... One local shop in Surprise AZ routinely cleans out the all of the Wal Marts in a 15 mile Radius for all WWB 9mm and .40 and marks it up 300%

Remington 525 psck for $55 per box!

Winchester 50rd 9mm for $25 that you know they paid $9 for that morning. You can see where they pealed the WalMart Price tags off the boxes!

Starting to wonder if some of the Local shops are bribing the WalMart sporting goods dept managers.

Hey nothing against capitalism, but I'll be dammed if I'm going to pay $55 for a  box of ammo that they paid $16 for across the street that morning.

Furthermore I'll be dammed if I am going to buy anything from them or anyone else that does this again.

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 11:28:38 AM EDT
[#7]
First time in weeks I actually saw 22LR ammo at Wmart,  they had Federal Lightning $1.47 / 50  and Auto Match $14.74 / 325, both with a "Limit of 6" per customer. There were 4 bx of Lightning and 2 of the Auto Match. I reluctantly bought all 6, for just under $40 after tax. I had "Bricks" of 22 stacked for years and went through most of it. The price on those $9.99 / 500. Those were the days!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2009 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Cabellas sent me 10 boxes no problem.  It was on backorder for a while but I got it a few weeks ago.

Link Posted: 7/16/2009 9:06:02 PM EDT
[#9]
After checking my local Walmarts every week for the last 3 months too no avail, they just started carrying the new Winchester 555 22lr bulk packs at $15.97.  Needless to say. I grabbed 6 bricks and ran for the checkout counter as fast as I could before someone else snatched it up. Around here good 22lr is harder to find than 5.56mm.
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Similar situation here in southern PA. Wally has had nothing for weeks but when I stopped yesterday they had half a shelf of Federal "value packs".  Unfortunately, it's now $15.97 (compared to $12.97 last time it was in stock).  Still, $16/brick is about as good as you can get around here for any .22lr.

However, I only grabbed a couple boxes, which may come back to bite me later.  I've just received my Spike's conversion kit so I'm not sure yet what it's going to like or dislike.  I've gathered bricks of other brands (Winchester Wildcat, Winchester Dynapoint, Remington Subsonic and a couple others) and need to spend some rangetime deciding on what to stock up on.  I've also read the posts about "new" Federal bulk not being as reliable as "old" Federal bulk, so I didn't want to commit too much shelf space to it until I've tried it.

'Course, now I'll probably find it runs great with my kit and then they'll be sold out again, but that's the shootin' life...
Link Posted: 7/17/2009 11:18:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
'Course, now I'll probably find it runs great with my kit and then they'll be sold out again, but that's the shootin' life...

That will be the case... Spikes tested your kit with Federal bulk, and it is their recommended ammo. Better drive fast back to Wallyworld
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top