4/15/2014 11:16:20 AM
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED
  Previous Page
Page:  / 3
Author
Posted: 6/13/2009 12:33:15 AM
[Last Edit: 6/13/2009 12:36:19 AM by dntama]

THE IMAGE ABOVE IS A PAID ADVERTISEMENT
When is this famine going to end ? I have not seen any bulk .22LR ammo available for months. I have a few thousand rounds but hesitate to use it as who know when I will be able to replace it. I have a Spikes upper that is sitting unused due to this ammo shortage. I never thought I would see a shortage of .22 ammo. What little .22 ammo I use goes into my Ruger revolver, or Mark III. I am also glad I sold my Oly 9mm upper as there is little 9mm to be found either. What 9mm ammo I have I am saving for my Glocks.
Titurel
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 12:57:15 AM
Check out the Centurion .22lr at Palmetto. It costs a little more than bulk, but its accurate and has been running without a hitch in my jac conversion. And its available!
GlutealCleft
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 12:57:49 AM
Soon. Each state seems to be different, but two states away, in Utah, I can go into any gun store or Walmart (at least any that carry ammo to begin with), and buy a bulk pack of .22LR. In fact, the last time I was in the Walmart near my house, they had a whole stack of Blazer 9mm for $9 per box.

Again, each state is different, Utah for some reason, seems to be ahead of most states in this regard. But ammo availablility is going up, and prices are coming down. I would be surprised if it took more than a month or two for you.
rapracing
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 7:15:03 AM
Walmart here has Federal, Winchester and Remington bulk paks
OUSooner
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 8:24:10 AM
None of my Wal Marts have had any .22 lr in a long time. Bulks pakcs are next to impossible to find. I just spend $30 at a local gun shop for a 525 brick of Federal.
UZIBoy
Trash Talkin' Super Squad
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 10:43:17 AM
You have to look daily. When it shows up, buy as much as you can afford.
[NO TEXT]
shadowcop
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 11:02:26 AM
When the greedy bastards stop buying it up for resale at a higher price.
"Better to die for something than live for nothing"
oldschool63
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 2:57:19 PM
Originally Posted By rapracing:
Walmart here has Federal, Winchester and Remington bulk paks

Not around here
Never pick a fight with seven men if all you are packing is a six gun.
WolfFox
Nothing Diminishes Anxiety Faster than... ACTION!
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 3:25:52 PM
We have plenty in Florida.
Give me my Guns, Freedom and Money... You can KEEP the CHANGE!
I, solemnly swore that I would support and defend the Constitution of the United States against ALL Enemies, Foreign and Domestic!
SMPrider112
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 4:03:01 PM
Originally Posted By WolfFox:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/WolfFox/a1-1.jpg

And because of guys like you.....thats probably why we dont have any in oregon

If everybody goes into a store and buys up "All they can afford" then that leaves nothing else for the guys who came after him, and when it does come back in stock the next guys does the same thing....its a vicous cycle that wont end until every body has eventually bought "all they can afford" If people just bought what they needed and a little extra just in case, there wouldn't be any ammo shortages....but too many people freak out, buy it all, which is more than they could use in years and it screws every body else over!!!

OK rant over

SpecOps-13
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 5:14:01 PM
[Last Edit: 6/13/2009 5:16:25 PM by SpecOps-13]
Don't know where in Fl. you are, but Tampa Bay has been dry of supply for 3 to 4 months. Luckily I shoot enough that I stocked up on Federal before any of this started. I really feel for the Guys who are just getting into AR-22's and Grab whatever brand ammo they can in Hopes that it'll work.
PS: Wally limits us to 6 boxes, any combination of ammo here.

Good Luck, it should be over soon.,
SO-13
koot2
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 5:21:25 PM
Some how I think its just that 22lr is so much fun to shoot we go through it to fast? (hey think of the bright side guys) even the pricey 100 round cci or w/e boxes are still WAY cheaper than a 20 pack of 223...
dead-bird
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 6:08:52 PM
It has been hot and cold here in the panhandle. Today, the cupboard was bare at three of the local WalMarts for bulk packs.

Next week, it could be flowing again. Hard to predict...

In general, I am not shooting it up faster than I can replace it.
HotDiggity
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 8:01:12 PM
Originally Posted By GlutealCleft:
Soon. Each state seems to be different, but two states away, in Utah, I can go into any gun store or Walmart (at least any that carry ammo to begin with), and buy a bulk pack of .22LR. In fact, the last time I was in the Walmart near my house, they had a whole stack of Blazer 9mm for $9 per box.

Again, each state is different, Utah for some reason, seems to be ahead of most states in this regard. But ammo availablility is going up, and prices are coming down. I would be surprised if it took more than a month or two for you.

I don't know where you're going in Utah, but I haven't seen any bulk .22 at the five Walmarts in my area in Utah county for 4 or 5 months. Dry as a bone.
GarrettJ
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/13/2009 10:30:24 PM
You might try Cabelas. For some reason, if you try a search for this on their website, nothing comes up. (it does offer you the $50 a brick Aguila though. ) This is better, but still not great. If the link doesn't work, type the item number "GK-21-6951" into the search bar. It's $85/2100, which comes out to a little over $20 per box, but it does come with a plastic ammo can too.

They're currently showing this as being backordered, but if you want to place an order you should get it in a few weeks. At least that has been my experience.

I'm still living on my stash of Federal from WalMart from when it was under $10/box for the bulk pack stuff.
buzter
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2009 12:07:32 AM
I drove an hour and 15 min. to find some today. I only got 2 because they were so expensive. A local dealer had some Remington thunderbolt but I don't like that crap.
UZIBoy
Trash Talkin' Super Squad
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2009 8:52:01 AM

Originally Posted By SMPrider112:

If everybody goes into a store and buys up "All they can afford" then that leaves nothing else for the guys who came after him, and when it does come back in stock the next guys does the same thing....its a vicous cycle that wont end until every body has eventually bought "all they can afford" If people just bought what they needed and a little extra just in case, there wouldn't be any ammo shortages....but too many people freak out, buy it all, which is more than they could use in years and it screws every body else over!!!

OK rant over

Even my own mother says I have no heart or soul.

If I need ammo and go to wally world, damn right I'll buy the whole case the way things are right now.

Then I don't have to go back for a while and can concentrate on shooting and not posting about where all the ammo went.

I bought my case and am happily firing away for the next few months. When I start running low, I'll start watching for the next case to snag.

Just keep looking, and when you find it, grab enough to keep you shooting............
[NO TEXT]
La_AR
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2009 9:50:12 AM
Same here in Louisiana... Very hard to find in Walmart. I check every day at two diffrent ones. We are limited to six as well.
SMPrider112
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2009 4:43:16 PM
Originally Posted By UZIBoy:

OK rant over

Even my own mother says I have no heart or soul.

If I need ammo and go to wally world, damn right I'll buy the whole case the way things are right now.

Then I don't have to go back for a while and can concentrate on shooting and not posting about where all the ammo went.

I bought my case and am happily firing away for the next few months. When I start running low, I'll start watching for the next case to snag.

Just keep looking, and when you find it, grab enough to keep you shooting............

Ohh Im not talking about buying up a case...if yer buying enough for you to keep shooting for months, yer good to go...im talking about guys buying more than they could ever shoot in years.
rippersde50
BRD Addict #1,384,279
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2009 5:04:04 PM

OK rant over

I know you were joking but this is not true. There are Walmart shortages in some places and not in others because the same amounts(if any at all) are not shipped to ALL Walmarts.

How it is broken down, by region or revenue, who knows?

rippersde50
BRD Addict #1,384,279
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2009 5:07:49 PM
Originally Posted By Titurel:
Check out the Centurion .22lr at Palmetto. It costs a little more than bulk, but its accurate and has been running without a hitch in my jac conversion. And its available!

More expensive than the Wally bulk but it works. I've shot around 1300+ rounds through a MKII and CMMG AR 22 conversion with no issues.

Pacodutaco
Got Taco?
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2009 6:00:33 PM
No .22lr at any of my four local Walmarts but I did find where it all is. A local gun shop has it all and is now rationing it out to his customers one box at a time. The price was $29.97 per box for the Federal Bulk Packs.
hh47
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2009 6:21:39 PM
Local WMT has had golden bullet on and off for about a month, but no federal until recently. Went in on thursday, bought 4 boxes. Guy after me bought the other 2

dntama
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/14/2009 7:02:03 PM
I placed an order with Cabelas a few wks ago for federal and aquila . They are still saying there is a 5 wk wait. I will be surprised if I get anyting within 3 mo.

Titurel
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2009 1:31:43 AM
Friday I received another case of Centurion after ordering it from Palmetto on Monday. 5000 rounds for $195 plus shipping. It shoots 1" groups at 75 yds from my CZ 452 and cycles all my semi's perfectly. What more could you ask for? Why scrounge around at Walmart when this stuff is readily available?
wetidlerjr
Flamma fumo est proxima.
Link To This Post
Posted: 6/15/2009 8:23:07 AM

Originally Posted By Titurel:
Friday I received another case of Centurion after ordering it from Palmetto on Monday. 5000 rounds for $195 plus shipping. It shoots 1" groups at 75 yds from my CZ 452 and cycles all my semi's perfectly. What more could you ask for? Why scrounge around at Walmart when this stuff is readily available?

They are out of stock at this time.
Bill Tidler Jr.
Good men must not obey the laws too well.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
  Previous Page
Page:  / 3
ARCHIVED ARCHIVED