Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 3:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Nice!

Pic thread.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
What can is everyone going for in the clone goodies? I have a form 1 22 can, but i want to pick up another for strictly 22lr. Are there any that come in fde?
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 9:54:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: swampfoxoutdoors] [#3]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Retro 22 sbr with PVs2 Hebrew starlight scope.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 11:35:50 AM EDT
[#4]
My Geissele/CMMG setup.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
For you guys using those mcx type folding stocks, what are you using for the pic rail adapter in place of a castle nut/buffer tube?
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:34:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By YaBoyKGTho:
For you guys using those mcx type folding stocks, what are you using for the pic rail adapter in place of a castle nut/buffer tube?
View Quote

KNS? They seem to have the most variety.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 4:42:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By swampfoxoutdoors:

View Quote

This is what I used when I've messed around with it.

JMAC customs has a skeletonized buffer tube and their own Sig type folding adapter that is nice to pull it all together.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 5:57:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

JMAC customs has a skeletonized buffer tube and their own Sig type folding adapter that is nice to pull it all together.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 11:06:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mach1run] [#10]
New paint. It had so many parts from other guns and nothing was the same color.
Perfect? No.

Good enough? Yes. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2023 2:12:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouchCommando22] [#11]
Spare parts build

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 11:54:54 AM EDT
[#13]
4.5" barrel, mcmr handguard. This thing is just super fun and easy to shoot.

Gun: *click, click, click, click, click*
Steel Target : *ding, ding, ding, ding, ding*

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#14]
IMG_2908 by John Hermesmeyer, on Flickr
RRA NM .22 upper on M16A2 clone lower with Giesslie enhanced 2 stage trigger
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:33:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Had these Lyman Target sights on a 20" CMMG upper a few pages back.  I've since moved them to this.  It's a KRISS DMK22 with a 24" Green Mountain (10/22) barrel.  This is fund to shoot.

Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:38:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Erik72:
Had these Lyman Target sights on a 20" CMMG upper a few pages back.  I've since moved them to this.  It's a KRISS DMK22 with a 24" Green Mountain (10/22) barrel.  This is fund to shoot.

https://i.imgur.com/d27ZESm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9xsQLgi.jpg
View Quote

Dang that’s cool. Was those sights sold as a set?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 1:19:01 PM EDT
[#17]

Dang that’s cool. Was those sights sold as a set?
View Quote

In this case, yes...sort of.  There was a fella on this forum that sold them to me.  Bases and sights.  The bases are made by Lipski...I don't think you can get them anymore; at least the one for the rear sight.  The front was available at Creedmoor sports or Champions Choice...I can't rember.  Medesha offers something similar too.  The Lyman sights are still available.  I have other AR22s with optics up to 24x but this one makes a nice sight picture and is just plain fun to shoot.  Williams makes a set of similar target sights....just gotta figure out how to mount them.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

That's pretty much what I've been planning to do since I can't make myself pay $300 for a barrel for a .22.
What are groups like with the ammo you're using? I'm looking at getting a Bentz reamer and a $50 GM blank to hopefully make a 16.5 and a 6.0 upper

Here's what I've got rn.
No name 80% $40
PSA 10.5 upper $210
CMMG conversion w mag $144
Rise 140 trigger $94 on sale
Strike mag catch
Strike angle handstop
Cheap buffer group
Some Magpul grip
Free Bushnell scope
eBay shell bag
Buffer put in backwards, no need for the BoreBuddy spacer

Shoots about a 8 inch groups as 50yds with CCI SV, reliable to 250rds, shoots fine but definitely needs a barrel that's slower, tighter, and doesn't blow junk into the receiver.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:25:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SiliconeSword:

That's pretty much what I've been planning to do since I can't make myself pay $300 for a barrel for a .22.
What are groups like with the ammo you're using? I'm looking at getting a Bentz reamer and a $50 GM blank to hopefully make a 16.5 and a 6.0 upper

Buffer put in backwards, no need for the BoreBuddy spacer
View Quote

I'm interested in how you do this.  Do you wrestle with the spring whenever open/close the receiver?  Or do you put the buffer on top of the spring and fully compress it when you close the receiver?

I was very lucky to have come across this KRISS Build.  There was a fella on another forum that purchased it from another fella that built it.  It wouldn't cycle reliably for him so he sold it...cheap.  In fact, the picture he posted didn't even show the entire length of the barrel.  I figured it was a 16" bull barrel but it showed up a 24".  I shot it with scope at 25 yds the first time I took it out.  I was easily making 1/2" 10-shot groups leaning on the shooting bench at an indoor range.  When I took it to a 50yd range, I discovered the firing pin was broken.  A common occurrence I've come to learn with the Kriss Bolt.

Are you wanting to turn your own barrel for use with the CMMG bolt and collar?  I have a friend with heavy taper 16" CMMG barrel.  You'll need a collar too then you'll be set.

Since this is a picture thread, here's another AR22 of mine.  It's an 18" Keystone Accuracy build.  This shoots 3/4-1" groups at 50yds with CCI Std V pretty consistently.  I haven't tested it with any "high end" ammo yet.  I have yet to acquire any.

Link Posted: 6/5/2023 1:50:13 PM EDT
[#20]
BoreBuddy is releasing Bentz chambered "match" barrels in the next couple months.  Our sporting chambered barrels will under 1" at 50 with CCI SV with ease, so we'll see how much there is to gain with a Bentz.  Probably a bit, I'm hoping for MOA with most decent ammo type.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 4:43:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Renaissancemann:
BoreBuddy is releasing Bentz chambered "match" barrels in the next couple months.  Our sporting chambered barrels will under 1" at 50 with CCI SV with ease, so we'll see how much there is to gain with a Bentz.  Probably a bit, I'm hoping for MOA with most decent ammo type.
View Quote

That’s awesome.

It’s been a year or so since I built a 22lr upper. Guess I need to do another one.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 8:12:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I slide the upper receiver onto the lower after reversing the buffer, and then I pop in both pins. Works pretty well and isn't super hard.

I'm looking to make my own barrel for use with my CMMG bolt, and from what I can see I should be able to just bore out the collar with the fake 5.56 case on it instead of needing to buy the other type.
I'd get a pre made barrel like a Keystone or Borebuddy, but for what that would cost me I can easily buy a reamer and barrel blank and do all the work myself, while having enough barrel to make a subsonic upper and a 16 inch upper.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 3:39:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LewisMeriwether] [#24]
PA woodlands lightweight pencil barrel build. Will be rebalancing some optics and planning to put an Atibal lpvo on before fall.
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#25]
tro 22 sbr with PVs2 Hebrew starlight scope.
View Quote

this, this is a masterpiece
Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 9:44:22 PM EDT
[#27]
My 2 Stamp .22 setup. Tons of backyard fun in a compact and quiet package.

Link Posted: 8/27/2023 5:42:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Updated picture
Link Posted: 8/27/2023 9:26:15 PM EDT
[#29]

That's awesome.

It's been a year or so since I built a 22lr upper. Guess I need to do another one.
View Quote
I jut finished an upper with a 21" Bore Buddy barrel. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Here is a photo showing the upper with the BB barrel and my AR with a CMMG 16" heavy barrel. I plan on testing the BB barrel with its 1-12 twist side by side to the CMMG 1-16 twist barrel.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 9/21/2023 2:34:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11b4v] [#31]
Because I ordered the wrong KNS adapter, I can’t be like Daggert above, my folding stock just sitting on the workbench.
Two Stamp.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/22/2023 10:02:02 AM EDT
[#32]
CMMG kit with KAC triple tap

When the muzzle device costs more than the whole gun...
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/28/2023 2:36:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: creecher] [#33]
This is my 22lr setup.  Quite an expensive story.
I saw the self-contained Tippmann bugout pistols selling out real fast so I bought one and then (like magic) by necessity; I almost immediately
needed to to take advantage of Tippman's limited time offer to send this in to have it converted to a rifle length firearm in order to keep it.
SO; what this is, is a rifle with a hollow buffer tube and a side folder, originally marketed as a pistol by Tippman.  I added an A2 stock and then
a cheap chinese copy Geissele mount to hold an old school Shepherd P22LR rangefinding scope.  Have about 1200 in this as it sits, although the
original factory pistol upper which remains a part of the package, I still retain; along w/ the factory conversion paperwork.  I figured such a
complete package might be collectible someday.

As a bonus; I figure the empty buffer tube can hold at least 25 properly packaged condoms. (Just in case my barrel needs protecting.) And the A2
stock can hold at least 100 loosely packed rounds and a mini-bic lighter, maybe a couple fish hoooks, a suture kit, a small tent....ok ok  

(rings represent a 9" circle at the various ranges, based on circa 1250fps 40gr projo)

Link Posted: 9/28/2023 4:05:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: creecher] [#34]

View Quote

what is that free float assembly you have there?
I ask because it looks pretty basic, which is something I might like for this:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Does-anyone-make-a-24-pencil-profile-barrel-I-have-this-fun-idea-/118-782532/?r=-1&page=1&anc=8596108#i8596108
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 8:50:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By creecher:what is that free float assembly you have there?
View Quote

It's an ALG Free-Float tube.  They've moved all of their stuff to the Geissele website now... https://geissele.com/our-brands/alg.html  not even sure if they're still producing these tubes.  They are smaller diameter but they will clear a low-pro gas block.  I think this one is a 15".  Just looking at it...it's a 24" barrel and the handguard looks to be covering more than half.  They're pretty solid and rigid.  You might have to keep an eye on the EE to find one nowadays.

On another note, I really like that tube with the circular holes in it that you posted in that thread.  What is that?
Link Posted: 9/29/2023 10:26:55 AM EDT
[#36]

It's an ALG Free-Float tube.  They've moved all of their stuff to the Geissele website now... https://geissele.com/our-brands/alg.html  not even sure if they're still producing these tubes.  They are smaller diameter but they will clear a low-pro gas block.  I think this one is a 15".  Just looking at it...it's a 24" barrel and the handguard looks to be covering more than half.  They're pretty solid and rigid.  You might have to keep an eye on the EE to find one nowadays.

On another note, I really like that tube with the circular holes in it that you posted in that thread.  What is that?
View Quote

I will check it out, thanks for the reply.  The other one in my thread you asked about is here
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Can't find my CMMG magazines...may have left them at the range...grrr.
I see you a lot of you folks running Blackdog's...is that the way to go?  I don't want to add/buy more parts to run the S&W magazine.  Thanks!

Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:02:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#38]
Here is link to a site selling a 22 LR magazine which appears to be the old Grey or Black CMMG mags.    I have five or six of this type of Gray CMMNG mag and they are gtg.  I also have about twenty BDM mags of various generations and capacity.   I bought BDM Sonic weld magazines for my last AR-22 I purchased this year.   I have never purchased from Arms Unlimited but there is a thread below discussing these mags.   These are the cheapest price for CMMG compatible mags I’ve seen.

https://armsunlimited.com/au-25-round-.22lr-conversion-kit-magazine/?revpage=2%20#product-reviews

Here is a link to the thread discussing these mags.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Arms-Unlimited-22LR-mags-/15-782710/
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#39]
VASCAR2,

I found my 3 CMMG's!  But thanks much for the letting me know, I may order a few more.
Link Posted: 10/12/2023 2:42:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/24/2023 1:14:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: noveske_nut] [#41]

7.5" Beyer barrel that I threw on spare SBR lower.  

Bought a 10/22 about 10 years ago and within 5 rounds decided I hated it. Put me off 22s for a long time. Now I can't believe I missed out so long!

Link Posted: 11/17/2023 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 1:11:28 AM EDT
[#43]
All CMMG. Had the barrel cut to 11.5"

Link Posted: 12/14/2023 1:54:27 AM EDT
[#44]
This has been an expensive journey

iAttachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/14/2023 2:47:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Awesome
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By noveske_nut:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/158490/20230422_071135-2795403.jpg

7.5" Beyer barrel that I threw on spare SBR lower.  

Bought a 10/22 about 10 years ago and within 5 rounds decided I hated it. Put me off 22s for a long time. Now I can't believe I missed out so long!

View Quote

Nice build. Sent u a IM with ?
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 1:42:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By MAZDOG:

Nice build. Sent u a IM with ?
View Quote

Responded, and thanks for the compliment.
Link Posted: 12/17/2023 2:38:32 AM EDT
[#48]
...can't believe I just found this thread.

I just barely finished building a "22lr Gun from HEAT clone", to match my "5.56 Gun from HEAT clone"...Took it out to test fire it last night (indoor range local) and shot over 400 rounds thru it.  It's pretty dang fun.  I have an Axiom suppressor that works on it also.  Here is a pic of the brand new dedicated .22, barrel shortened to be same length as 11.5" 5.56, by John Thomas.  Although I do like the ACT trigger, I'm going to replace it or paint it, I don't like the silver.

22 on top, 5.56 on bottom.

Link Posted: 12/17/2023 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Attachment Attached File

22lr money pit
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:50:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ginger-mech] [#50]

RTB barrel/upper/handguard/charging handle, Bore Buddy upgrades, 80% lower, 3d printed grip, mil-spec guts.
Page / 51
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top