AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 84
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Alien:

@JohnnyO223
Oh sweet nectar. Which handguard are you using and which sights are those? I'm still waiting on my damn barrel and BCG from CMMG to finish my own faux MP5SD build.

https://i.imgur.com/1G2mVSb.jpeg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@JohnnyO223
Oh sweet nectar. Which handguard are you using and which sights are those? I'm still waiting on my damn barrel and BCG from CMMG to finish my own faux MP5SD build.

What handguard and suppressor combo are you using?
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 7:16:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheAsterite] [#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2022 5:24:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#3]
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MDStroup:

@JohnnyO223

It's a Samson 7" Evolution handguard with metal washers epoxied to it to take up the slack under the HK MP5SD sleeve. I used a self tapped a set screw to keep it in place at the 6 o'clock position on the front end of it. It has to be cut towards the receiver end to accommodate the handguard's mounting area. The suppressor is a YHM R9. The barrel was cut to the exact length needed to make the suppressor flush with the handguard without touching it.

https://www.samson-mfg.com/evolution-series-keymod.html

This guy sells a purpose built handguard, though I have no experience with it. It requires an Aero Precision barrel nut. It would definitely be the easier way to go but will cost you more money than the above. It looks like it leaves a very slight gap between the upper and the handguard though, which would bother me.

https://www.broadrivertactical.com/

Link Posted: 12/28/2022 5:39:22 PM EDT
[#4]
It’s not an AR. But it is a 9mm and I want one.

Link Posted: 12/28/2022 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By YankeeDog357:
It's not an AR. But it is a 9mm and I want one.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/IMG_6410.jpeg
View Quote
It's like a modern Soviet PPSh-41.
Link Posted: 4/21/2023 4:57:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RWA007] [#6]
7.5" SBR

Link Posted: 4/21/2023 5:37:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 7:47:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By -Shaggs-:
Here's my AR-V. I love this thing. 35 round Scorpion mags, haha.

https://i.imgur.com/QRXLibC.jpg
View Quote

@-Shaggs- I know this was posted a year ago, but can you tell me what length barrel and what length handguard you used on this build?  I just bought an AR-V stripped set and wanted to build something similar in size to your build.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Neomonk21:

@-Shaggs- I know this was posted a year ago, but can you tell me what length barrel and what length handguard you used on this build?  I just bought an AR-V stripped set and wanted to build something similar in size to your build.  Thanks!
View Quote

That would be an 8" barrel with a 7" handguard.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-v-8-9mm-1-10-lightweight-m-lok-moe-ept-sba3-pistol.html
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 8:57:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By -Shaggs-:

That would be an 8" barrel with a 7" handguard.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-v-8-9mm-1-10-lightweight-m-lok-moe-ept-sba3-pistol.html
View Quote

Thanks!  I picked up an AR-V Essential Parts build kit and was trying to figure out what barrel length and handguard combo I wanted to get.  Ballistic Advantage just had a 30% off sale so I picked up one of their 8.3" 9mm barrels and one of their 7" handguards.  It'll stick out a little further than I wanted but I got it for a good price so I'm excited.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Ashamed to get the "free" form 1 but love the resultant FM-9 SBR! LWRC compact stock, tube and buffer and a Magpul VFG. Nice and tight.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 8:31:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I don't think I posted this yet.

Attachment Attached File

PSA AR-V Essentials kit
Ballistic Advantage 8.3" 9mm barrel
Ballistic Advantage 7" Logic rail
PSA CTR lower kit
KAK 9mm buffer kit
Primary Arms SLx MD-25
Scalarworks LEAP/MICRO mount

I finally got to shoot it yesterday and it did well for the limited rounds I was able to put through it.  Now I need to start the paperwork to SBR it so I can put on a stock and a better grip.

My only complaint is that my Scorpion mags don't drop free and take a little bit of force to get to seat fully.  I had to buy more PSA mags.  Hopefully I can get my Scorpion mags to work.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#13]
This was my very first AR build.  Forgive the bright colors -- not sure I'd do that the same if I had it to do over.

FM Products lower receiver, side charging upper receiver, barrel nut & handguard.  (Shaved a section of rail over the charging handle -- my only complaint about FM side chargers -- anything on that rail section impedes the charging handle.)

Swampfox 1x prism scope (honeycomb filter for lens protection).  Motion activated, green CQB BRC reticle.  A bit heavy, but it's been vfairly ery reliable.  If the battery dies, the reticle is still there.

Leapers/UTG red laser+light combo.  While clearly not intended for inclement weather outdoor use, it's been reliable for my usage.

That hand grip...  yeah, I went mediaeval and made a chainmail grip around the handguard after none of the fingerstops and angled foregrips I tried really worked for me on this build.  Its texture makes for good grip.  It's made out of an un-anodized aluminum & is quieter I expected.  The weight comparable to light polymer or aluminum rail covers/grips/finger stops covering an equivalent amount of rail.

Stern Defense NiB H2S trigger.  Not my favorite trigger, but pretty good.  Smooth pull, nice 2nd stage wall fairly crisp break.

Griffin Rev 9 suppressor.  I wanted to go local for my suppressor.  ECCO machine mount to go from 1/2x36 directly to 1.125x28.

Gorilla silverback 135 gr. self defense (subsonic)

It's still my "bump in the night" gun.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 6:03:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Oh, here's another one I have.  FMP upper.  JT-9 80% lower.  Troy 45° offset BUIS.  Primary Arms 2.5x SLx.  Hiperfire X2S Mod 1 trigger.

Link Posted: 7/17/2023 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#15]

Mat9/ARV Mutt

Bunch of printed parts, prototypes, stock I designed for Manticore back in the day, etc.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:40:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Juicy!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Colt R0991

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/8/2023 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PreacherOfGadget:
Oh, here's another one I have.  FMP upper.  JT-9 80% lower.  Troy 45° offset BUIS.  Primary Arms 2.5x SLx.  Hiperfire X2S Mod 1 trigger.
https://i.imgur.com/FCcaye0.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/gUujHig.jpg
View Quote

@PreacherOfGadget
What are those chains on your handguards for?
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 12:19:11 PM EDT
[#19]
@joeIII223 , it is customized handgrip with, I guess you'd say, some flare.  I make chainmail armor and jewelry (well, I used to, but I still have the stuff), and one day I wondered if I could use lightweight aluminum rings to make a customized grip after I just kept not being able to get the feel I wanted, despite trying various different finger stops and hand stops.

Turns out I could make a chainmail handgrip, AND it is comfortable, AND it is sturdy, AND it weighs in among the lowest weight grips I've tried -- beating out most aluminum and polymer options for covering the same length of handguard.  (For example, a Strike Industries curved foregrip weighs more than an equally long wrap of my chainmail grip around the sides and bottom of the handguard.)  But the biggest surprise was how they're quiet,not loose and noisy.

I have made varieties from a simple finger stop up to a full wrap like the PCC above.  I use abrasives on the rings to control how smooth or rough they are, controlling how "grippy" it is.  Paracord loves to run in and out and around rings, so there's more customization there, and I'm a big fan of spare paracord being on-hand.

Here's a few links to some variations (I'll leave the non PC pictures out of here) in Imgur galleries:
350 Legend dissipator inspired build w/chainmail fingerstop
223 wylde w/chainmail handwrap w/paracord
300 blk with pics showing customized grip in hand -- As a bonus, I can slip an Allen wrench in there for any build with an adjustable gas block, and (if needed) with a little paracord wrap, the tool stays with the firearm.  (3rd picture down you can see the hexagonal head of the Allen wrench)

And an appropriate picture -- if you want to know why there's hardware on the charging handle, read page 10 of the Maxim RDB review topic.  Oh, and there's the modified SI handle I mentioned above by weight comparison to my handgrips.  And I really need to find appropriate screws for that handguard -- kinda threw it together quick for testing from parts I had around and discovered I was missing some screws, lol.

Link Posted: 10/10/2023 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 12/1/2023 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Sick build! How's the blowback pressure from the suppressor running a side charger do you notice any difference vs the standard charge back handles?
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:51:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I added my first Colt to my AR collection with this. I have to say I am very happy with it. It came with a Magpul flip up rear sight but I thought it looked better with the carry handle.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 12:39:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: edcing] [#24]
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 2:35:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 2/13/2024 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#27]
My DOE clone SBR
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:30:29 AM EDT
[#28]
California legal 9mm AR.

Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Colt upper (correct forging codes and marks on receiver, barrel and bcg ) on a Bushmaster lower

put a few rounds downrange with it -- mostly reliable but will double on occasion - do not know exactly what trigger and buffer it has but me thinks with a rebuild with a 9mm spec trigger and buffer/spring it will clean it up

The Bushmaster lower is marked 5.56 for caliber so i would like to have that filled and re-stamped as i am contemplating having it cera-koted anyway

Link Posted: 2/28/2024 7:45:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By YankeeDog357:
It’s not an AR. But it is a 9mm and I want one.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/IMG_6410.jpeg
View Quote

Wow, that's freak'n beautiful!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

Canadian C8 CQB inspired build
Page / 84
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top