Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2017 3:05:13 PM EDT
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-moe-ept-freedom-rifle-flat-dark-earth-516445846.html

i was looking at a bushmaster carbon15 but was told to stay away from those.  someone suggested this one from PSA,  

price is in my range.  i'm new to ar15's so i wanted to get some input before buying.

thanks.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  Keep in mind you'll need a rear sight or an optic.  Just about any optic will do, really, but if a conventional scope, you'll need high rings for it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:10:26 PM EDT
[#2]
thanks.  i'm thinking about a scope.  still looking around.  someone mentioned one from primary arms.  1-6 power, i think.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:12:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, it's a perfect 1st-time buy.  At a minimum, you're also gonna need a flip-up rear sight to go with that rifle.  
Magpul MBUS would work just fine.  See what kind of deals Palmetto has going on them or look over at Primary Arms.  

Palmetto also has a deal going on the SPARC red-dot with 10 pmags if you can stretch your budget a little.  With prices this low, now is definitely the time to stock up.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:22:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks.  i'm thinking about a scope.  still looking around.  someone mentioned one from primary arms.  1-6 power, i think.
View Quote

This would be a great scope to start.  http://www.primaryarms.com/PA1-6X24SFP-ACSS-5.56-R
Buy that and they'll even give you a price break on your choice of a one-piece scope mount.  

Lots of all-around functionality.  Horseshoe/chevron reticle for up-close/home defense, but with ranging capabilities and wind holds for distance targets.  
It'll allow you to use your rifle in a multi-purpose function, which is great, since it's the only one you currently have.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Magpul flip up rear sight is the best

And yea stay away from carbon lowers lol

They are finicky, wear out fast and make the rifle less balanced (front heavy)
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 6:34:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This would be a great scope to start.  http://www.primaryarms.com/PA1-6X24SFP-ACSS-5.56-R
Buy that and they'll even give you a price break on your choice of a one-piece scope mount.  

Lots of all-around functionality.  Horseshoe/chevron reticle for up-close/home defense, but with ranging capabilities and wind holds for distance targets.  
It'll allow you to use your rifle in a multi-purpose function, which is great, since it's the only one you currently have.
View Quote
excellent optic choice.

But nothing wrong with a RDS and a flip up either!
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I went with the PSA deal.  Primary arms 1-6 on the way, too.

Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 10:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Double-tapped it.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top