Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/23/2017 3:24:07 PM EDT
I'm building an 8.5 300blk sbr and don't know if I need the heavy.  I'm also thinking about running the maxim defense cqb stock and don't know if that changes anything.  

I will be shooting subs and supers and it will be both suppressed and unsuppressed.  I'd say 90% of the time subs and suppressed though.  

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 4:03:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You should be fine.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 6:07:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Be fine with which ?!  What makes you think I'll be fine?
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:55:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Working on a very similar build now, 8" 300 blk, suppressed, with SB PDW brace. I went with the heavy JP silent capture spring.

Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:17:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I would run a heavy buffer and go with it. If you're going to be sub/suppressed 90% of the time tune for that and it will probably work pretty well super/unsuppressed.

People will tell you adjustable gas block is the only way to go, but I'm not one for adjusting gas every time I switch the configuration.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top