Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2017 11:38:31 AM EDT
Was going to buy a drop in trigger for my Ruger ar15. Gun shop talked me into new springs. 250 rounds later, no light primer strikes. Shoots 3/4 moa at 100 yards. With scope, shooting from bench rest.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I tried the same with my Ruger AR556. Had tighter groups with premium ammo, but significantly worse groups with typical off the shelf ammo. No light primer strikes though, but I did bob the hammer. I used to get 2" groups with Winchester white box m855, but after the trigger changes they opened up to around 6".
I just installed a Geissele SSA-E trigger in it and it is really nice. But ironically I had two light primer strikes with it! And yes I've installed the hammer spring properly. No problems since so not sure what caused the two malfunctions.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:05:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I only shoot pmc 5.56. With new springs, very little trigger creep. Very smooth pull.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried the same with my Ruger AR556. Had tighter groups with premium ammo, but significantly worse groups with typical off the shelf ammo. No light primer strikes though, but I did bob the hammer. I used to get 2" groups with Winchester white box m855, but after the trigger changes they opened up to around 6".
I just installed a Geissele SSA-E trigger in it and it is really nice. But ironically I had two light primer strikes with it! And yes I've installed the hammer spring properly. No problems since so not sure what caused the two malfunctions.
View Quote
The light strikes are very atypical and must be ammo related.  The SSA-E uses a full power hammer spring.  The hammer is lighter to decrease lock time, but the spring is full milspec force.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:57:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I had light primer strikes with the jr springs using federal m193 and wolf .223.

Being that that was my primary ammo, I ditched the springs and went with a geissele.

I do strongly believe it's ammo related.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top