Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2017 11:31:14 AM EDT
Howdy,

Was leaning towards a single point attachment sling that would clip on but now considering a 2 point Vickers.

What's the best attachment schemes for these? Seems the bulk of the videos I viewed used QR but those things look like disaster waiting to happen! But threading the sling on would pose a different set of hassles.

Is there a more positive clip style that allows quick removal and is more fool proof/secure than those QR's?

Am I being too picky about QR's?

Thanks,

W
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:35:22 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.magpul.com/products/firearms-accessories/slings-and-sling-mounts/ms4-dual-qd-sling-gen2
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Vickers 2 point permanently attached. Or get some HK style hooks to use.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
A convertible 2-to-1 sling is the most useful.  The 2 point configuration being used 95% of the time.
MagPul Gen 2 design is the alternative to QR.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I personally like 2 point slings, and I like them  "permanently" attached to the butt stock, but with some kind of QD attachment point on the left side of the handguard. I am partial to the Magpul paraclips, and the loop mounts that go with them. I don't use any single or 3 point sling arrangements, nor do I use any receiver end plate sling attachment points. That's just my personal pref......YMMV
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The Magpul MS3 uses cross bolt paraclips.  The MS4 uses HD QD swivels.

I have both.  I've never had the QDs detach, but the paraclips would be just about impossible to separate as long as you slide the bolt across.

https://www.magpul.com/products/ms3-sling-gen2
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:24:15 AM EDT
[#6]
For what it's worth, I prefer 2-point slings and at times mix and match uppers.  it's a PITA without a QR sling attachment at one end or the other.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:10:56 AM EDT
[#7]
As per usual, the answer is, "it all depends on how you plan on using it".

I've used the same gun at work for a long time now,  it's seen multiple countries and many, many thousands of rounds.  My setup is a VTAC with a QD mounted into the buttstock and another QD mount on the front.  It has never failed, nor have the ones my teammates use.

Basically... You're overthinking it.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top