Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/18/2017 11:48:24 AM EDT
I've got a cheap dpms rifle that I'd like to add iron sights to. I was thinking about adding a quad rail as well and was wondering if there would be an issue with accuracy if I mounted regular flip up sights on a non-free floated quad rail. I've already got a MBUS front sight, but I can't mount that to the gas block. Just wondering what your thoughts on this would be, and maybe what a good lower end quad rail would be for it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:46:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The Daniel Defense Omega rail will drop in without modification.  It's free floated, so mounting a sight to it shouldn't be a problem.  The price isn't terrible for what you get.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
There are sights made specifically for railed gas blocks, but installing a carbine length rail limits you to just 7" of rail for accessories and a very short sight radius.

Swapping out your gas block to a Low Profile GB, however, would allow you to mount a longer free floated rail that will maximize your sight radius.

With prices as low as they are, you might just want to buy a complete URG (upper receiver group) and sell off your old one.  You can even upgrade to a Midlength gas system and Free Float Rail complete with BCG $370
e.g., PSA Mid w/ 13" Keymod FF Rail + BCG, CH
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top