Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 11:20:01 PM EDT
Hey everyone,

This isn’t so much a question as it is a thank you to the community here on AR15.com. I joined a little over two years ago when I was first looking at putting together an AR-15 for myself. We already had two other factory ARs in the family but none that had been assembled from the get go and none that were 'mine'. So this AR is the first one that officially belonged to me and I can say that with pride from how it turned out. Y’all certainly had a hand in that so I wanted to show y'all how it looks!

I started getting all of my parts together in May 2016 and by the time summer had ended, I had a finished my AR-15. I feel like my rifle turned out okay, so I figured I would post about it (finally).
So thanks for y’all’s help!

Parts list as follows,
Wilson Combat matched receiver set
YHM EZ Pull pins
BAD-ASS Ambi Selector
Wilson Combat 16-inch, lightweight profile, 1/8 twist barrel
Fail Zero M16/M4 BCG
BCM Gunfighter Mod 4 charging handle
SilencerCo ASR Muzzle Brake
LaRue MBT-2S, two-stage trigger
B5 Enhanced Sopmod Stock
Magpul MOE+
Barnes Precision Ultralite 12-inch
Magpul MBUS sights
Aimpoint PRO RDS
LaRue LT606 offset flashlight mount
NovaTac 120T light
Magpul sling

All in all, the rifle ran me right around $1,675 before I purchased my Aimpoint PRO which brought to a hair below $2100. It sure does shoot sweet! About 500 rounds so far and not a single problem!

Oh and pictures!

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:40:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#2]
OP delivers.

Well done
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:13:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Looking Good
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 12:40:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks good.  If you're right handed, 1. connect the front sling point to the left side QD socket, just in front of the receiver, 2. connect the rear sling point to the right side QD socket (on the right side of the buttstock).

eta:
Your sling appears to be a MagPul convertible 2-to-1 sling.  In order to take advantage of the built in convertible QD socket of the sling, you should acquire a QD End Plate from IWC or another manufacturer, and use it as your rear QD attachment point.

With the front sling mount repositioned, you'll have more access to your rail and your light.  You might even want to remount your light with an MLOCK compatible one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 10:39:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Very well done

Link Posted: 4/6/2017 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice job!  Quality parts.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top