Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2017 11:54:34 PM EDT
I have the CE2000 version and I want to add a single point sling. I need some advice because I know only a very little. I have seen a couple options. I'd rather not alter the rifle a lot. I would not mind buying a different stock or hand guards I may do that anyway.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 12:33:46 AM EDT
[#1]
550 cord loop can be tied around the buffer tube, and used to attach a sling. It works quite well and alters nothing on the rifle.
It also costs next to nothing.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:10:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Troy Industries PGRSA. Remove buttstock, slide over receiver extension,  tighten with Allen wrench. Replace buttstock,  pick your sling.

link
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 7:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Midwest Industries Sling Attachment
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#4]
A better solution, Impact Weapons end plate, may not be quite the easiest but worth the effort.
IWC
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 1:33:53 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, why have you decided on a single point sling?  Experienced shooters generally use an adjustable 2 point sling.  Try running around or doing a transition to pistol drill with a one point sling, and you'll quickly realize its futility and even pain inducing effects to your nether region.

At least consider, a convertible, 2 point to 1 point sling like the MagPul sling.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, why have you decided on a single point sling?  Experienced shooters generally use an adjustable 2 point sling.  Try running around or doing a transition to pistol drill with a one point sling, and you'll quickly realize its futility and even pain inducing effects to your nether region.

At least consider, a convertible, 2 point to 1 point sling like the MagPul sling.
View Quote

Nutcracker.
Link Posted: 3/6/2017 11:04:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Definitely agree on a 2-point sling for a full length AR.  Single points can work OK on a very short pistol/SBR for certain work, but most of the time a single point on a normal AR makes for one heck of a pendulum.  Single points aren't bad for static work like in a fixed guard post and such, but if you have to run or get very mobile, a 2-point is much better.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#8]
It's easy to convert a 2 to a 1.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top