Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/3/2017 8:52:22 PM EDT
I'm looking for QD end plate suggestions. Is there really any difference from brand to brand besides some being light weight? Thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Some are aluminum I believe and some are steel. I have a noveske steel one that's fine. I also bought a few damage industries ones that are fine as well, cheap too. I'd stick to steel though it probably doesn't matter much.
Edit-  just checked, my main BCM has a GG&G, it's had the most use and it's held up great.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I like the lwrci end plate , it has dq mounts on both sides. The mount is very durable the only thing thing I didn't like was the price.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm looking for QD end plate suggestions. Is there really any difference from brand to brand besides some being light weight? Thanks
View Quote

I did a little video review on the different ones I've tried over the years. I tried to show the differences, if you want to take a look. I put a single point adapter end plate on all of my builds now.

https://youtu.be/hk_lxdpgkiw
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#4]
BCM is all I use. Good price, quality company.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:25:16 AM EDT
[#5]
2nd on BCM model.  I have the QD type.

mm
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a different one on each rifle. There is no one answer; I take into consideration what sling I'm using and the use case for that rifle is and go from there.

SBR - V7 Ultralite
9mm - Limited Rotation Impact Weapons Components
M4 - Damage Industries ALuminum
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 3:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I did a little video review on the different ones I've tried over the years. I tried to show the differences, if you want to take a look. I put a single point adapter end plate on all of my builds now.

https://youtu.be/hk_lxdpgkiw
View Quote

Thanks to all for the input. The video was very informative, nice work! Anyone have any input on the anti-rotation?
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
BCM is all I use. Good price, quality company.
View Quote

I have two of these, and they are cheaper than some of the others, and work very well.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 3:15:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks to all for the input. The video was very informative, nice work! Anyone have any input on the anti-rotation?
View Quote

I have the Damage Industry steel version on all my AR's.  Great deal when you can catch them in sale. All single point QD end plates will have limited rotation because the swivel will contact the tube.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#10]
I've used BCM and Noveske, both gtg.
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:43:26 PM EDT
[#11]
sent you an email, OP
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:26:23 AM EDT
[#12]
V7 is super light but so is the Fortis aluminum. I used the Fortis on my lightweight build.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 4:29:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I use Noveske, BCM and IWC QD plates. All 3 are good to go and thin enough. My DDM4V1 I used to have came with the thick DD one which I wasn't a big fan of.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's been my experience that anti-rotation isn't needed on a std QD end plate (ie: single QD point directly under the castle nut) as space limitations prevent rotation anyway.

Tomac
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:52:34 PM EDT
[#15]
For my money I use the PWS Ratchet endplate and castle nut.

https://primaryweapons.com/store/product/ebt-mod-2-end-plate-castle-nut/

I haven't gone back an retrofitted existing builds - but I may some day.

The only exception is if I am building an ultra-light build - not a war weapon, but more of a proof of concept range toy light weight type setup - then I will use the very lightest part - carbon fiber or aluminium.
Link Posted: 1/14/2017 11:19:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Noveske and BCM QD endplates are really good.  They are similar if not the same in build quality.  I  have them for my 14.5" and 16" builds for single point sling use.
Link Posted: 1/15/2017 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#17]
My favorite is the POF ambi. Looks buky but very lightweight.

https://pof-usa.com/shop/upgrades-accessories/ambi-qd-endplate/
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 12:35:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Check out the IWC QD mount. Built from a single piece of steel, rotation limited socket, and just all around one of the best out there.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:58:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I used the Fortis on my lightweight build. It's been great.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 1:26:48 PM EDT
[#20]
I used the Fortis on mine as well.
I had a coupon and bought some other stuff at the time so it was close to $20.
http://fortismfg.com/ar15-lower-receiver-fortis-qd-end-plate
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#21]
I use the Fortis on my lightweight builds.
Have a few BCM and Damage plates as well. Prefer the BCM out of those 2.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 9:42:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Noveske.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#23]
BCM for cheap and high quality.

The PWS with the ratchet castle nut makes installing and uninstalling really easy however.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top