Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2015 10:43:17 AM EDT
In this day of instant access to just about everything I want recommend hard copies to have on hand for refererence. Walt Kuleck, Clint Mckee and Scott Duff have wonderful publications that will help you understand the workings of your new rifle. As follows...

The AR-15 Complete Assemble Guide....invaluable when you are building your rifle.

The "NEW" AR-15 Complete Owner's Guide...this will bring you up to speed on history of the rifle, it's workings and a great overview.

They also have a wonderful set of books on the 1911..since most of us have one or eight of those laying around.

www.scott-duff.com
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 4:29:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the info and i like books with real paper in them. I'm a new to AR-15 platform, so I  recently purchased all 4 vol. of The Gun Digest of AR-15 by Patrick Sweeny to educate myself when I'm not online. Nice book and it's always nice to read what others recommend as well. So, thanks again

Mike
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:14:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I was looking on Amozon and there were several books on AR builds. Not much at Barnes and Nobles might check a local gun shop.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 3:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was looking on Amozon and there were several books on AR builds. Not much at Barnes and Nobles might check a local gun shop.
View Quote

Check out Scott Duff's site. you can buy them direct from him
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 5:34:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is a list of some good books by Mike Pannone.

Mike Pannone is a former operational member of U.S. Marine Reconnaissance, Army Special Forces, 1st SFOD-D (Delta) as well as a Master class multi-division USPSA competition pistol shooter. He has participated in combat operations and high-risk protection in support of U.S. policies throughout the word as both an active duty military member, and a civilian contractor.
View Quote

I've shot done matches with him, nice guy. Didn't realize he was Delta. Don't think that was on his bio back then. He lost an eye in a breaching accident iirc.
Link Posted: 3/11/2015 12:59:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Understanding Firearm Ballistics: 6th Edition
(Robert A. Rinker)

Green Eyes & Black Rifles: Warriors Guide to the Combat Carbine
(SGM (Ret.) Kyle E. Lamb)
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top