Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2017 4:07:40 PM EDT
I saw this in a local shop a few days ago, and initially blew it off because it was neutered.
It has been haunting me, so I went back to take another look at it and bought it.

The blocked 10 round mag is date stamped 5/03. It looks like a chrome lined barrel, must not have been shot much at all, if any...and someone put a night sight front post in it.

So...what to do with the barrel?
I have a couple thoughts; new mid-length with A2 FSB, or since the bayo lug is already shaved off, I might get it cut and an xm177 style flash hider put on.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mind my asking what you gave for that example and what part of the country you're in?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah- Kentucky, paid $599.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
...thinking about what route to go with this...got a quote form John at retro for threading the barrel and pinning on another FSB...but I might just swap out the barrel completely.

I'm interested in going with a mid-length pencil...would I run into any cycling issues with a mid length, using the current semi- bcg and buffer?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...thinking about what route to go with this...got a quote form John at retro for threading the barrel and pinning on another FSB...but I might just swap out the barrel completely.

I'm interested in going with a mid-length pencil...would I run into any cycling issues with a mid length, using the current semi- bcg and buffer?
View Quote
I don't think so, mid lengths usually run without issues
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:24:56 PM EDT
[#5]
cool- I like the look of a 16" middy A2...  now to go barrel shopping...
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I saw this in a local shop a few days ago, and initially blew it off because it was neutered.
It has been haunting me, so I went back to take another look at it and bought it.

The blocked 10 round mag is date stamped 5/03. It looks like a chrome lined barrel, must not have been shot much at all, if any...and someone put a night sight front post in it.

So...what to do with the barrel?
I have a couple thoughts; new mid-length with A2 FSB, or since the bayo lug is already shaved off, I might get it cut and an xm177 style flash hider put on.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73252/IMG_3224-281995.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73252/IMG_3229-281996.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/73252/IMG_3232-281997.JPG
View Quote

That's called a Bushmaster Shorty Carbine. I purchased that same exact model from Shooters Supply in Louisville during the last part of the ban. Mine's sporting an M4 barrel and stock now.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:42:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Dave!

I bet Old Skip told you that you could shoot Russians on Mars with it, too!

I absolutely love how this thing feels and handles. I'm going to watch the Labor Day sales, and unless I see a super deal on a pencil middy, I'm just going to get this barrel threaded- it's a beautiful parker grey.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top