Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/11/2017 3:13:05 PM EDT
I have the itch to do an A2 build. I've decided on using a Windham Weaponry A2 barrel assembly.  My question is; are the Windham A2 stocks and handguards, good to go?  Or should I buy a real Colt stock and handguards?  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have the itch to do an A2 build. I've decided on using a Windham Weaponry A2 barrel assembly.  My question is; are the Windham A2 stocks and handguards, good to go?  Or should I buy a real Colt stock and handguards?  Thanks
View Quote

Feel confident in buying Windham Weaponry's A2 stock and handguards. They are good quality pieces.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 7:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I mean it's not like one is exceptionally better than the other.
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 8:36:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Is the color about the same as a Colt?  I'm not building a perfect clone by any means; but I also don't want furniture thats cheap or looks out of place on a standard A2.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:22:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I did the same thing. It's a great build and WW really nailed it. Everything was in great shape when I got it but there is one issue I have:

the heat shields inside the A2 handguards are painted black when all the A2s I had in the marines were bare metal.
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#5]
They are adequate handguards, but the nicest handguards i have used are from cavalry mfg.

Their handguards are a step above the usgi stuff, they fit tighter, and have a matte appearance. Really good stuff.

If you want a better fit anf finish go Cav MFG.

I have some OD green guards on another rifle and the seam between the two handguards is not closed and tight. Looks funky but functional. I intend to jump for another pair of Cav HGs.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#6]
here is windhams A2 barrel kit with a fulton armory A2 upper:

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Feel confident in buying Windham Weaponry's A2 stock and handguards. They are good quality pieces.
View Quote
I agree with JR.  He pointed me to WW for my upper A2 20" upper assembly and I am highly pleased with the quality and value.  He also pointed me to White Oak Armament for the stock and LPK.  Both of which are top notch.  The rifle built with these components is one of my favorites.  Highly accurate and looks great!

Thanks again James!
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top