Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/30/2017 1:45:27 AM EDT
Looking to build several A2 carbines and I'm hoping to keep them somewhat "period" correct, 80s/90s vintage, with the six ventilation holes black "skinny" carbine handguards verse the current and more common seven ventilation hole versions.  

Also, wondering if there are any version available that's made with the original or close to the original harder plastic as used by Colt and other USGI contractors...  The current versions I'm seeing are made with a softer plastic and lacks that harder and smoother appearance.

I know I should go with used original Colt handguards, but I'm trying to keep the cost down on these builds.

Thanks for looking and for any leads!!
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:26:30 AM EDT
[#1]
You could try and find them by posting this in the want to buy section of the EE.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Industry partner DSArms sells a set of skinny 6-hole hand guards for $14.95. They're described as being made from "Glass Filled Nylon Synthetic Material." I'm not sure how close they are to the original Colt hand guards but the price is right.

https://www.dsarms.com/p-14109-dsa-ar15-car-handguard-tapered-with-heat-shield.aspx

Link Posted: 6/30/2017 11:12:04 AM EDT
[#3]
There's a thread somewhere that shows the difference between Colt's and several clones.
It's in the Retro section, I think.
Link Posted: 6/30/2017 12:44:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Those DSA are very close to original.  For $15 you cant beat it unless you want to spend $40-70 on Colts.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everybody.  Went with DSA and they are spot-on and exactly what I was looking for!!
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top