Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/29/2017 11:34:11 PM EDT
Hi, i just had a quick question. I need to get the rear sight for my A2 upper. Does this A2 rear sight kit have all of the parts, and does anyone know if it is good quality?
I know that it is can be as simple as looking at the description and seeing what it says. But that part of the page isn't loading for me.

A2 rear sight kit

Thank you anyone that can help.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 7:05:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks correct to me, just need some grease.

This might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br0HQAg-njU
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Rock River also sales all the parts individually, and has good shipping.

It's nice since  you can pick up a couple extra of the small parts you might lose, like the bearings.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 10:42:24 AM EDT
[#3]
It looks complete, but may i recomend buying a 1/2 x 1/2 minute national match sight?

Its going to have a better fit and finish, finer adjustments, and the rear aperture can be replaced by a usgi or a same plane blackhawk aperture.

You can zero at 100 yards and click up to whatever value you need for the load you sre shooting.

I am shooting 75 grain reloads out of my A2 and the dope is taped to the stock and its zeroed at 100 yards. Both the large and small apeture are thr same zero.

I think its a big improvement.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks complete, but may i recomend buying a 1/2 x 1/2 minute national match sight?

Its going to have a better fit and finish, finer adjustments, and the rear aperture can be replaced by a usgi or a same plane blackhawk aperture.

You can zero at 100 yards and click up to whatever value you need for the load you sre shooting.

I am shooting 75 grain reloads out of my A2 and the dope is taped to the stock and its zeroed at 100 yards. Both the large and small apeture are thr same zero.

I think its a big improvement.
View Quote
This is what i wanted to do!!!!

But i have no idea where to find one of these. An i didnt want to spend a ton.

Any links would be very much appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#5]
There has been one of our members selling A2 rear sights for quite a while now, check over in the EE section.
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 2:01:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There has been one of our members selling A2 rear sights for quite a while now, check over in the EE section.
View Quote
Mind posting a link? I checked and i didnt see anything.]
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 4:33:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Mind posting a link? I checked and i didnt see anything.]
View Quote
Took all of about 30 seconds, he has been running ad's for quite a while now.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_7_159/1655347_A2-rear-sight.html
Link Posted: 5/31/2017 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Rock River NM

BlackHawk Same Plane

I would get on a national match rear sight quick. With the move to optics, highpower competitors wont be pushing the sale of NM irons much more and they may go the way of the dodo eventually.
Link Posted: 6/1/2017 10:56:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Rock River NM

BlackHawk Same Plane

I would get on a national match rear sight quick. With the move to optics, highpower competitors wont be pushing the sale of NM irons much more and they may go the way of the dodo eventually.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rock River NM

BlackHawk Same Plane

Thanks for the links. I wish the rear sight was cheaper! But if it hold true I guess I can't complain.

What's ever opinion on the sight adjustment and aperture size?  Should I go with the 1/4" or 1 /2" adjustments? Which aperture size?

Also, if anyone does know where to get the NM A2 rear sight cheaper, please let me know!
Link Posted: 6/2/2017 4:42:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks for the links. I wish the rear sight was cheaper! But if it hold true I guess I can't complain.

What's ever opinion on the sight adjustment and aperture size?  Should I go with the 1/4" or 1 /2" adjustments? Which aperture size?

Also, if anyone does know where to get the NM A2 rear sight cheaper, please let me know!
View Quote
The usgi peeps and blackhawk peeps are threaded for 1/2 minutes in the windage so if you want a 1/4 min national match yet still want the same plane or usgi apertures you will need a standard usgi windage screw.

If your not shooting High Power, then 1/2x1/2 will be plenty fine for most anything.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top