Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2017 3:46:21 PM EDT
I have a like new Colt HBar Sporter  with box that I bought around 94. A friend has a new in box Colt LE marked 6940. He wants my A2. Gunbroker values are similar.
I haven't shot the HBar in probably 20 years. The 6940 is a very nice rifle as well. I guess it boils down to liking old school vs new school.

What say you?
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Do it!
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do it!
View Quote
+87, a good deal
Link Posted: 5/20/2017 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a like new Colt HBar Sporter  with box that I bought around 94. A friend has a new in box Colt LE marked 6940. He wants my A2. Gunbroker values are similar.
I haven't shot the HBar in probably 20 years. The 6940 is a very nice rifle as well. I guess it boils down to liking old school vs new school.

What say you?
View Quote

Even if trade value is equal, I'd almost never trade anything that's been out-of-production (old-school) for anything current production (new-school).  But then again, it comes down to current value of each piece to you NOW.  Given you haven't shot the HBAR in 20 years (God knows why ... they're great shooting rifles), I guess the 6940 would probably fill your bill and gives you the ability to put all kinds of the latest and the greatest accessories on it.  Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 6:12:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I've got an LE6940 and it's a great shooter...get a good mid-range optic along w/the 6940's FF barrel and you've got yourself a nice tack driver.

Do it...you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#5]
You answered your own question. If you have no connection nor do you shoot the a2 then sure, trade it.

I also have a colt h2 hbar but it's my baby and I will never get rid of it. I actually acquired it somewhat accidentally and didn't know what I had.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:10:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Me personally, I would rather have the A2. But if you don't use it, maybe your friend will appreciate it/give it a good home.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]
You  may be able to sell the Sporter to someone in Massachusetts for more than buying a new LE6940 & pocket the differ...
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't, but I'm not you.  I'd keep my A2 hbar, if you want a newer gun, they're cheap enough right now just buy a new one.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I didn't want to be the only voice of dissension.  I totally get wanting to turn something you never use into something you might.  But these A2's they're getting harder to get your hands on.  You might want to take it to the range and see if it doesn't spark some new found enthusiasm for you first.  You can even put an optic on top.  Just cuz a lot of people whine about cheek weld doesn't mean it can't work well.

ETA: having said all that, I never liked how a full 20"er balanced.  Blaaaaaah.  But it would be a good bench / prone gun or if you were gonna shoot some High Power matches.  Or if you are stronger, that extra weight might not matter to you.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top