Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2017 5:23:19 PM EDT
I recently found out that there was differences between a2 hand guards. Which I previously thought was universal between the a2 til a4. Can someone help me point out the differences between them and manufacturers?
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:11:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Stick with Colt for standard furniture... Almost everything else is cheap junk in comparison.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:36:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stick with Colt for standard furniture... Almost everything else is cheap junk in comparison.
View Quote
True^^^

Cav Arms and Model 1 Sales make close seconds , imo. Still, not Colt quality in any form.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not necessarily. I am pretty impressed with Windham Weaponry's A2 handguards. Rock River Arms has some nice A2 handguards as well.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 1:19:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not necessarily. I am pretty impressed with Windham Weaponry's A2 handguards. Rock River Arms has some nice A2 handguards as well.
View Quote
I agree with that, Windham Weaponry has nice A2 handguards and so did old Bushmaster. I have never seen a set of RRA A2 handguards though.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm glad this thread came up.  I'm thinking about getting a 2nd set to attach a piece of rail and I didn't want to mess my Colt ones up.
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Is there a way to actually 100% verify that A2 handguards are or are not Colt?  I have a set on my A2 that are shiny as is expected of Colt.  And then I have 2 dismounted pair, one of which is shiny and supposedly Colt and other Lone Star.  But as far as I can see, none of them actually have markings saying who made them.  Unless I'm just not seeing the markings.  The Lone Star have the distinctive wide-spaced ribs (half as many doubled spaced) and are a light matte color.  But no "LSO" in circle that I have see on some HGs.

Rob
Link Posted: 5/18/2017 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#7]
To add to the discussion, AFAIK, my Colt A2 is all Colt and the handguards aren't shiny.  Made in 94 I believe it was.  

Link Posted: 6/10/2017 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]
The Cav.Arms  handies are in the M4 rifle configuration.....fat- top to bottom and skinny side to side.   I like 'em !
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:05:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Colt furniture will become shiny with use.  It is typically dull and dry, almost grey when new.  

I find it slightly ammusing when guys pass up on exceptional condition USGI furniture because it isn't shiny.... Slightly annoying when selling it, but good to go when buying!

Early Colt A2 hand guards do not have the "do not remove" warning on inside of hand guards, later are marked, I have seen a couple variations.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top