Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2017 8:14:28 PM EDT
Okay, my Google fu is weak.
Do I need a different FSB when changing over to an A2 upper?
And are the Fulton A2 uppers decent ?

Or an A1 or A2 front sight post change?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:14:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Changing over from an A1 or flattop?
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 11:28:27 PM EDT
[#2]
If you aren't working on a retro, and don't care about it being correct.

I believe there are front sight posts made for non-marked fsb
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 3:08:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Okay, my Google fu is weak.
Do I need a different FSB when changing over to an A2 upper?
And are the Fulton A2 uppers decent ?

Or an A1 or A2 front sight post change?
View Quote

What did your fsb come off of? A real "a1" fsb would be for a .625 diameter barrel. An "a2" fsb would be for a .750 barrel. It has to fit the barrel. The a1 sight post is round and has 5 detents, the a2 is square and has 4 detents. They are 100% interchangable.
Now if you had an A4 Fsb it would be "f marked" and it would be slightly higher than a1 or a2 fsbs. As far as I know, no issue with using an A4 Fsb with an a2 upper, but if you go the other way you may need a taller sight post, but probably not even then. Basically I personally have used all combinations of FSBs, uppers and sight posts with no problems.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:07:20 AM EDT
[#4]
No, just throwing a A2 upper on a 16 inch flat top upper.  Apparently , that won't hurt my elevation.
Thanks for all the replies gentleman.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 3:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, just throwing a A2 upper on a 16 inch flat top upper.  Apparently , that won't hurt my elevation.
Thanks for all the replies gentleman.
View Quote
Look at your fsb. It most likely has a "F" stamped into it. that would be correct for a flat top. I think the deck where the sight post is is like .030 higher above the bore than any other fsb. So at worst you'll need to screw your sight post down a little.
Link Posted: 5/15/2017 10:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I have flat top uppers with non F marked fsb (DsArms) and others with F marked fsb. (14.5 and 16").

I also have 2 A2 uppers, one with F marked , one without.  Sighting in has never been an issue. Both are 14.5".
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top