Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/6/2017 8:21:43 AM EDT
Hey all!  I was lucky enough to get in on the lower purchase.  My questions for you are:
Do any of you plan on getting the "FN" or Colt logo put on them.  If so where?

Also is there a source it get a surplus GI upper, barrel and hand guards?  I have had no luck on th EE and Gunbroker prices are ridiculous.  My plan was to make one close to what I had while I was in the service.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 11:49:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Braceman could most likely take care of your engraving needs.

PM sent on offer for 20" Colt A2 barreled surplus upper.
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have any immediate engraving plans.  I'll probably leave it as is.  As far as GI parts, it took me searching the EE and ebay for a few months to come up with everything but I found them eventually.  My A2 now has a complete FNMI upper with the exception of the bolt carrier which is a cage code marked Toolcraft.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#3]
So is anyone going to get manufacturer marking put on them?
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#4]
These will look just as atrocious as when people engrave on Nodak Spud lowers. The fonts always look different.

The beauty of the Black Creek A2A4s is their simplicity. Like a Balimoy A1/A2 arsenal reworked lower or Sabre Defense A4 (dot matrix not thunder cat).  Neither of those have logos.

Your best bet if you want a Colt or FN A2-marked lower would be to use an 80 percent and send it to Braceman.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I think I will keep it as is.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think I will keep it as is.
View Quote
Good decision.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top