Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2017 11:00:04 PM EDT
Hi,

Since its after hours, I haven't called Troy Arms to ask them myself if they are or going to, in the near future, sell any of their "retro" line up upper receivers.  So!! I was wondering if anybody else here was thinking of the same.

I would love to purchase one of their new "Mog-D" M16A2 upper receivers AND one of their newer GUU-5P upper receivers as well, but with the C7/M16A2 upper receiver with the brass deflector as well.

Since I have tons of stripped lower receivers, I would just like to go with their retro uppers since "I" REALLY like that the barrels are 14.7" with a nicely pinned/welded A2 flash hiders... For that more correct looking copies of the rifles of my time period in the Army.

I have ZERO doubt that Troy Arms lower receivers are a top shelf product, but I'm not really concern with the correct military contract markings. And again, I have plenty of stripped lower receivers that I want to use for these future builds.

Thanks for looking!!
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I just sent Troy a message to find out whether or not they intend on selling any of their retro parts or assemblies separately. Now, I wait for their response.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is the reply I just received.

Good Morning,

At this time, our commemorative rifles are available only as full builds. We are currently offering the uppers available on our GAU and GUU models, and any order for those would need to be placed through your dealer. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thank you,

Rosemarie Morris
151 Capital Dr.
West Springfield, MA 01089

O:(413)788-4288 Ext. 156
F:(413)383-0339
[email protected]
www.troyind.com

Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
A month or so back, I had asked them about uppers only for the carbines and was told no.  Then about a week ago they sent me a follow-up email with similar info as above:

Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2017 11:11 AM
To: <Teddydog>
Subject: Troy Retro Uppers

Hello Robert,

I wanted to reach out to you because about a month ago you were interested in just the upper for our retro rifles. I wanted to let you know that we are now selling these retro uppers separately. These sales will be direct to dealers for the GAU and GUU rifles.

Since they are available direct to dealers, if you are interested in purchasing an upper, please reach out to your preferred dealer and we can work with them on pricing. Attached are the spec sheets for these uppers.

Thank you,

Kamila Blain
Sales & Customer Service Manager
Phone: 413-788-4288, ext. 135
Cell: (774) 230-7260
Fax: (413) 383-0339
[email protected]

That's good sales or customer service, to remember that I had asked and to follow up when they became available.

Rob
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top