Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2017 2:02:36 PM EDT
I have a budget minded/ assembled rifle with a flat top receiver and A2 front sight post/ gas block. What rear BUIS is compatible with this configuration?
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I used mag-pul BUIS:

https://www.magpul.com/products/mbus-sight-rear
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Magpul mbus, Wilson Combat and Matech.

DD A 1.5 rocks too.

Eta:
LMT A2 stand alone is nice also. Or chopped carry handle sight.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The Smith M&P-15 original came with that setup with a Magpul back up rear sight.
Link Posted: 5/1/2017 4:24:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Smith M&P-15 original came with that setup with a Magpul back up rear sight.
View Quote
As did a boatload of 6920s.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:06:04 PM EDT
[#5]
You talking a 20" barrel? If so you won't have any problems. if you're talking a 14.5" carbine then a A2 FSP/GB can cause problems, you'd need a M4/A4 FSB/GB.

William
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to use a Daniel Defence fixed rear sight on mine.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 3:07:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have a budget minded/ assembled rifle with a flat top receiver and A2 front sight post/ gas block. What rear BUIS is compatible with this configuration?
View Quote

Does the fsb have a "F" stamped on it somewhere? Most do these days. The f marked ones are designed to go with flat top uppers and buiss, a real a2 fsb may require a taller sight post, or your sight post just be screwed out quite a bit. Personally, I've never had any issue at all.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top