Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2017 2:38:18 PM EDT
Does anyone know this?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:01:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:05:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Some do. Some don't. Mix and match.  Note the A1 style lower on the above carbine.
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 10:22:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they can, when the pencil barrels are getting worn out they are getting replaced with m4 barrels.

IMO, a m4 barrel is not what I think of when I hear IDF rifle.
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:05:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I think they can, when the pencil barrels are getting worn out they are getting replaced with m4 barrels.

View Quote
That is funny.  I wonder if the soldier carrying that authentic IDF rifle cares about your opinion, in regard to what an IDF rifle looks like?  
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is funny.  I wonder if the soldier carrying that authentic IDF rifle cares about your opinion, in regard to what an IDF rifle looks like?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My M-16A2 clone doesn't have a sear hole.  It doesn't say Colt on it.  It has a Larue MBT inside.  No Marine in the world gives a shit.  Neither does the IDF.  

What is OP gonna do?  Infiltrate the IDF wommenz and steal panties? I guess you would need to be correct on the feed ramps and the circumcision.....decision...

L'Chaim!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2017 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Get a grip.

Yes, more recent IDF carbines have M4 barrels.  Historically, the IDF has used cut down A1 barrels or other skinny barrels... so much so that most people associate skinny barrels with IDF carbines.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Get a grip.

Yes, more recent IDF carbines have M4 barrels.  Historically, the IDF has used cut down A1 barrels or other skinny barrels... so much so that most people associate skinny barrels with IDF carbines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a grip.

US Special forces used lightweight profile bbls on carry handle uppers, see Colt 653 and variants.  I wouldn't be terribly shocked to find some still in USAF inventory(they don't throw away anything useable, at least as witnessed in armories).
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 5:00:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Get a grip.
View Quote
It was a joke.  Pull your twisted panties out of your a$$ crack.   Cheers.

On a side note, I don't typically associate IDF rifles with A2 receivers either.  I wonder if that was a complete upper swap.  The lower appears to be A1.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It was a joke.  Pull your twisted panties out of your a$ crack.   Cheers.

On a side note, I don't typically associate IDF rifles with A2 receivers either.  I wonder if that was a complete upper swap.  The lower appears to be A1.
View Quote
Could be, but might have been built that way.  Here's a photo that was taken just after Gothic Serpent(BHD), notice the A2 uppers and big head F/A on A1 profile lowers.  

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 8:15:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Interesting… the lower in the OP's pic looks like it is in comparable condition to the upper, not a heavy worn lower that has been rebuilt multiple times. .
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 9:20:27 AM EDT
[#11]
^^^

there're thousands of NIB M16A1 around the world..
I guess at some point some were upgraded after sitting inside the crate for decades.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:17:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My M-16A2 clone doesn't have a sear hole.  It doesn't say Colt on it.  It has a Larue MBT inside.  No Marine in the world gives a shit.  Neither does the IDF.  

What is OP gonna do?  Infiltrate the IDF wommenz and steal panties? I guess you would need to be correct on the feed ramps and the circumcision.....decision...

L'Chaim!!
View Quote
Funny. I actually had a great fling with an Israeli girl when I was in my early twenties. So I honestly know more about their women than their carbines.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top