Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:42:58 AM EDT
[#1]
The picture alone is worth looking at.  But wow 699 for just the upper used.  Someone made a killing!
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The picture alone is worth looking at.  But wow 699 for just the upper used.  Someone made a killing!
View Quote

That's $699 Canadian, about $521 US right now. I would guess that those probably can't even be imported (if they were in stock), although I did purchase one of their OD green C7A2/C8A3 Colt Canada stocks last year.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:08:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Barrels and receviers are forbidden to import; Everything else is fine to import.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:59:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

These have never been released on the civilian market and will command a premium due to scarcity.  It's not like it's a surplus M4 upper.  Try and find a C7/8 upper with real Diemaco markings and the barrel profile is unique to the C8 as well.  I believe it was looked at in the XM4 program but AFAIK Diemaco was the only one to ever use it.  Barrels are also cold hammer forged.

I missed out in the first batch but I'm ready to jump on the next ones.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:57:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes I understand the collector value in those uppers.  I hope you get one Leg.  I build clones to shoot and abuse.  At one time I may have paid more money to build a C8A3/ C8SFW but ultimately decided to just stick with the M4.  I am a cheap bastard.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#6]
If I get one it will be used and abused.  The more wear on the upper the better.  The issue will be trying to beat up a lower enough to match.  I'll be certain to post pics if I manage to get my hands on one.

Already have an aluminum buttstock, craptastic Thermold, Nella bayonet, issued sling and cleaning kit.  Heck, I even have a spare upper because I figured I'd have to turn down an M4 barrel to get an accurate clone.  Never thought I'd see these commercially.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Site says zero in stock.
Link Posted: 3/14/2017 3:48:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Site says zero in stock.
View Quote
They only had about a dozen in the first place, and those got snapped up pretty quick.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 1:08:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I wish I jumped on one.  Cheaped out and only grabbed a D marked BCG for $180 CAD.

If they have any more come in, I'll definitely grab one.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top