Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2017 12:05:46 PM EDT
So I have been buying these older upper recievers and I'm not sure what to do with them, but I have been wanting a A2 for a while and so I think I'll start with it.

Rifle won't be a high volume shooter, but will get used any time I want the higher MV of a 20" rifle and don't need an optic.
Is hoping for a sub 2 MOA A2 unrealistic? Because that's what would make me happy.

Windham offers a whole "kit" for $270 comes with pretty much everything. https://shop.windhamweaponry.com/collections/barrels-parts/products/kit-ba20gvt-7
AR15sports.com barrel assembly is $239 and not in stock. Any other suggestions?

Searched for Windham Weaponry btw, got nothing. I'm mostly curious of how they have been grouping for people.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Windham is gtg. Model 1 Sales also.
linky
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 12:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome just found this. Get a warm and fuzzy from it so FO I shall.

Mac's Windham Weapnry tour
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 1:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
WW is good to go.

Last spring I bought one of their 20" Govt profile barrels and put it in a flattop upper.   I put a Vortex Splitfire 3x on it and the only gong at the range that gives me fits is the one at 585 yards.  It's an 8"er.  But ones I get the right hold over I can hit it 40%-50%.  

With Fed AE green tip. I can't wait to start a loading program with some Sierra 60 gr hollow points.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:12:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm really tempted to bite on PSA's 20" rifle kit for $399 and free shipping. I've got an A2 upper I can swap on and I could use another flat top. 

I keep wanting to get another 20" A2 but I have two 16" middys with carry handles to scratch my iron sight itch....but there's something about 20" A2s that speak to me. 
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I highly recommend Windham Weaponry's barrel assembly. I used one on this A2 build I did a couple years ago.

Attachment Attached File

I also have Windham Weaponry complete upper assemblies on these two.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I have been really impressed with the accuracy I get from these barrels.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top