Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2017 6:26:49 PM EDT
What commercial lower would be the best way to go?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#1]
any lower made around 1998-2001 would have the A2 forging specs...
a colt 6520 lower marked "AR15-A2" would be perfect.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#2]
nodak spud
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Right now, myself and a buddy of mine in Jacksonville, FL are working with Black Creek Precision on getting some M16A2 marked lowers made. These would be made with the SAFE, SEMI, and BURST and have the PROPERTY OF U.S. GOVT markings as well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Pretty much any current forged lower will work for an A2 clone so I'd suggest getting one with markings that appeal to you. Mine is built on a LRB lower because I got a good deal a while back and I like the roll marks.

This thread from a couple of days ago has potential.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_127/709655_Forthcoming-A2-lower-receivers.html

ETA: Beat to the punch by the OP of that thread.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Not cheap (anymore) option would be a Colt sporter target from the early 90s. Replace the barrel or FSB. Replace the forward assist if you are want to. Everything else is already there, to include the color.

Cheaper option would be to find a ban era "Match target", and replace parts as needed. Color might be 100% correct, but closer then modern black.

*large trigger pins and sear block don't bother me.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 5:38:24 PM EDT
[#6]
You could get on gunbroker and find Colt A2 lowers for sale every week.   They have 3 or more different roll marks and if you are patient you can find one that won't break the bank.  I  picked up a mid to early 90's Colt complete lower for $345 shipped last week for one of my Colt M16a2 uppers took me a couple of months but I have other stuff to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 6:51:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Range Tool
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:23:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Range Tool
View Quote

There is also McKay Enterprises. They have a no logo A2 lower.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 7:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I built mine on a grey NDS A1, and my A4 on a grey NDS A2. The wait is long though, 6-8 months.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Both Range Tool and McKay Ent. are very difficult to find/purchase.

McKay is always out of stock and Range Tool has removed their "store" temporarily from website.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Both Range Tool and McKay Ent. are very difficult to find/purchase.

McKay is always out of stock and Range Tool has removed their "store" temporarily from website.
View Quote

I bought two range tool "no roll mark" lowers last year and just noticed that there is no products listed for sale now [was trying to find for my brother so he could get one or two]
I wonder what is up with that?  Michael Peterson was very nice to deal with, always quick to answer my emails while waiting on the lowers to get back in stock, I hope they are able to continue, fantastic quality on  the two I bought from them.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 8:03:12 PM EDT
[#12]
You guys interested in Range Tool lowers should check the Equipment Exchange - Lower Receivers section.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:38:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I like Range Tool lowers. I have 2 on my builds and 3 that I haven't built yet that have sequential serial numbers. The last 3 I believe I bought last August time frame before the election.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:02:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I have used NDS A1, DPMS, Essential Arms, Anderson and PSA.  I do not care much what is written on it.  I have never had a problem with any of them.  I am tempted to get one of the A2 marked lowers jrs93accord is working on.  I just have to stop at 5 complete ARs and 1 extra upper.  The only reason I bought the Anderson lower was because it was $49 a year before the election so I figured I better have one more.  Then I had to build another upper.  Next thing I know I have a 727. It would never end if I bought another one.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 11:57:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You guys interested in Range Tool lowers should check the Equipment Exchange - Lower Receivers section.
View Quote

Came here to post this.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top