Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I picked mine up this afternoon.  I will post pictures later tonight.  Very Nice.  I will have to up my game in the upper department to make it worthy.  Hardware that came with the lower is a surprise.  Pictures to follow.
View Quote
Hardware?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

See new thread titled " M16 A2 lowers now shipping".

Thanks for the update James and Steve!
View Quote
That thread is here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_127/713114_M16A2-lowers-shipping.html
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:36:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Hardware?
View Quote
Threaded bolt catch pin, rear takedown detent hole set screw and tension screw
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Is the "B" in BURST upside down?
View Quote
It and the "S"may be Here are a few pics outside.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]

It is upside down.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It is upside down.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
"SEMI" looks a little wonky to my eye also...?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

"SEMI" looks a little wonky to my eye also...?
View Quote
The S is upside down too, they all are.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:45:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It is upside down.
View All Quotes
Yea, I didn't check them out before I did the paperwork and they were covered in oil.
I didn't notice anything until I wiped them off to take a pic.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 7:53:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yea, I didn't check them out before I did the paperwork and they were covered in oil.
I didn't notice anything until I wiped them off to take a pic.
View Quote
So, what do we do in this situation, contact BCP? Suck it up?

I'm not too satisfied with the font, that's for certain.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:30:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Double tap.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:30:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Every S is upside down. Even in Jacksonville and USA. They got one B right in BCP.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:33:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I'm not sure if I would have noticed on my own but yea, looks like all the b's and s's are upside down :( Hopefully when I pick mine up it might look a little better.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 8:38:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not sure if I would have noticed on my own but yea, looks like all the b's and s's are upside down :( Hopefully when I pick mine up it might look a little better.
View Quote
The S's are annoying, but aren't nearly as noticeable as the B in burst, it looks terrible.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:07:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
No I dont think so.  Mine, 001 and 002, are exactly the same as yours.  If you look at the same letter else where, they are the same.  I think its just the font.  Great deep finish, quality machining and the hardware pack make for an outstanding lower.  The engraving looks fine with me.  I cant wait to tear my A2 apart!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:17:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Uh-oh....if you look at the raw aluminum one, it's the same, with the "Bs" & "Ss" flipped.

What is the likelihood of these being corrected?

They look amateurish & crappy.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:18:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No I dont think so.  Mine, 001 and 002, are exactly the same as yours.  If you look at the same letter else where, they are the same.  I think its just the font.  Great deep finish, quality machining and the hardware pack make for an outstanding lower.  The engraving looks fine with me.  I cant wait to tear my A2 apart!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having not seen them in person, I would have to agree that it just looks like the font they used.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:19:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry I missed this page when I made my reply.  Now I do agree that B and S is kinda wonky.  I need you to email me the pics you have so I can forward that on to BCP and let me see whats up.  My lower is not like yours.  Its noticeable when its magnified so large, I had to really look at mine with my spectacles.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:24:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Sorry I missed this page when I made my reply.  Now I do agree that B and S is kinda wonky.  I need you to email me the pics you have so I can forward that on to BCP and let me see whats up.  My lower is not like yours.  Its noticeable when its magnified so large, I had to really look at mine with my spectacles.
View Quote
Thanks, I'll be sure to inspect mine before accepting, though you will probably hear back before I make it to my LGS.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:47:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Everybody take a deep breath.  BCP is a a great company and they will take care of it I am sure.  Email me the pics so I can show them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:51:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Mine came today!
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 9:53:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Thanks, I'll be sure to inspect mine before accepting, though you will probably hear back before I make it to my LGS.
View Quote
You havent even seen yours yet???
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You havent even seen yours yet???
View Quote
Not yet, due to work I wasn't able to stop in. Before you posted I thought they would all be this way to to being a single run. Since you posted, I'm hopeful that is not the case.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 10:00:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Mines the same, all "S"s are upside down and so is the "B" in burst.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Guys, Steve has notified Rick at BCP about this issue. Rick has said that they will get this fixed. Steve is going to call Rick as soon as he can this morning. Steve has said he will let me know what is going on after he talks to Rick. Standby. More to come.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:49:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Ok, keep us posted. But I'm not really sure how those lowers can be fixed but I guess we will find out
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#26]
When I first looked at it I thought I had become dyslexic, then after reading the other replys, I realized that it may be someone at BCP that was dyslexic, or overworked...
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:35:34 PM EDT
[#27]
I got my lower this evening. Not too bad overall. The left side looks great. On the right side, the B and the Ss are the same as what some other pics have shown. Overall, it is not bad at all. I will post some pics tomorrow. I just finished assembling the lower and attaching it to the already built A2 upper assembly. I even did some magic on the lower to lighten it up.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#28]
So, how did the A4 marked receivers come out??
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#29]
I didn't take any pics of the right side, but here is the left. The S and B is the same as others, it also has a moderate sized L shaped flaw to the right of "SEMI". It isn't really all that big, but its relatively deep and was anodized over.

I didn't accept it, as I didn't know where we were going from here. It's still at the LGS.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:21:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Ill have to call my ffl tomorrow, haven't heard from them yet.  I'm not too wound up on the lettering.  Slightly disappointing but better than nothing and for the price, I won't complain too much.  Hell, too much fuss and they'll decide it wasn't worth their time either.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:42:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Sorry guys I didnt get back quicker, tough day at the office lets say.  I talked with Rick today about what happened in the engraving process and there was a sequence of events where a glitch in the engraving software caused the issue with the lettering getting swapped around.  Couple that with some of the special tooling required to produce the lettering at the fire control area wearing out, results got progressively worse.  The anodizer coated the lowers with oil so when they were inspected at BCP, the off lettering was not noticed.  I didnt notice anything myself even after I wiped the oil off but blame that on bad eyes.

Black Creek Precision is a stand up company and Rick assured me they will make any problems right and he has offered 3 options.
1) If you want to keep what you have, Black Creek will classify your lower as a "blem" and refund $10 each.  This pricing is similar to PSA blem pricing.  I will get more details on how to go about making this happen after I speak with Rick tomorrow.
2) Black Creek is willing to completely remake your lower.  If you choose to go this route the serial number sequence cannot be broken or substituted so you will get a lower with a different serial number.  You will also have to wait for them to be produced.  I am sure they will get expedited service but your still talking another month
3) If neither of the above options is acceptable, you can return your lower for a refund.

With those 3 options, everyone should be able to be satisfied.  Rick with Black Creek was mortified this happened and very apologetic about it and wants to make sure he does everything he can to make us happy.  He is BCP's Chief Engineer so he isnt at the end of production but assures me he will inspect each new lower produced to guarantee positive results.

I feel like Black Creek has stepped to the plate, acknowledged the issues and is doing everything they can to make this project end properly.  Those that have received the lowers can see they do produce a top notch product and the engraving problem has nothing to do with the machining process or the functionality of the lower.

Its late, I am tired and I have a date with 12"-16" pipe tomorrow.  I will have more details to post after I speak with Rick on some specifics.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks for providing the update Steve.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Glad to hear ! Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:19:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for the update.

Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:20:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Oh and any of these that do get returned will be available as blems for anyone who didnt get in on the run and doesnt mind some odd lettering.  Even the little spot on Sputniks looks ok to me to build on.  I will be grabbing a couple more of these because of the machining quality of the lowers.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 6:04:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm getting mine later today. I too old to know how to post pics, but will comment later.

My immediate thoughts are: this is an historically inaccurate copy of an A2 lower (specifically no Colt logo & the added "hardware") that I bought for completing another "range toy." How important is it that letters are off? It might hurt resale value for me.

That's all I got at this point....maybe I'll have something more profound after my coffee kicks in or after I see it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I'm getting mine later today. I too old to know how to post pics, but will comment later.

My immediate thoughts are: this is an historically inaccurate copy of an A2 lower (specifically no Colt logo & the added "hardware") that I bought for completing another "range toy." How important is it that letters are off? It might hurt resale value for me.

That's all I got at this point....maybe I'll have something more profound after my coffee kicks in or after I see it.
View Quote
It's basically a Govt. contract clone, like a Balimoy.

Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
It will not hurt resale at all. It may even help resale value. It is certainly better than having an Anderson, Aero Precision, or any other standard commercially produced lower on the rifle. It does, after all, have correct markings on it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:15:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Here are the pics of My M16A2 clone with the newly acquired BCP M16A2 lower.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:16:23 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#41]
I like it!  Honestly, the lettering doesn't really bother and the issues seem less noticeable once it's been assembled.  What was your process for lightening the lower?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 12:26:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I like it!  Honestly, the lettering doesn't really bother and the issues seem less noticeable once it's been assembled.  What was your process for lightening the lower?
View Quote
I have a process that takes some time and effort. First, I spray it down with Gun Scrubber to get all of the oils off of it, then I use super fine steel wool and scrub it until I get close to the desired shade I am looking for. I will then take a piece of fine grit sandpaper and hit the area I want to show some wear. In this case, I wanted to show similar wear to the upper. Afterwards, I will go over it with a Scotch pad and apply a very thin coat of oil and wipe it off.

I will add this, since this lower has a captive screw for the takedown pin detent and spring, you will need to cut a bit off the spring (about 1/8"). That is about how long the captive screw is. The captive screw and the captive pin for the bolt catch use the same size hex head tool. It also comes with the adjustment screw for fitting the tightness between the upper and lower. I did not have to make any adjustments with mine.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:24:02 PM EDT
[#43]
That turned out really well J and it's a lot cheaper than rolling your own using 80% blanks
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That turned out really well J and it's a lot cheaper than rolling your own using 80% blanks
View Quote
Thanks. For the money, I do not think you can get any better.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:01:15 PM EDT
[#45]
I got mine. Yes, the inverted letters are noticeable if you know to look for them. But as I said in my earlier post today, it's a replica for me; it's not to be a historically accurate museum replica, so it fits my "range toy." I wish it was perfect, but it doesn't need to be for my purposes. So, to like-minded shooters, I think you'll be pleased. The machine work & anodizing look good.

I wish I had time to assemble it, but that's going to be a weekend project.

What do we do to accept $10 refund?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 4:31:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Nice looking lower ! Is it just the lighting or is yours more of a grey color and some of the other lowers that people got ?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:03:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Nice looking lower ! Is it just the lighting or is yours more of a grey color and some of the other lowers that people got ?
View Quote
Mine was black, but I did a little bit of work to it to get it to look gray.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:35:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Ok. I opted to get the redone lower and never saw my original lower. I'm sure in the end it'll be worth the extra wait. And thanks again for putting this group buy together :)
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#49]
My day ended up pretty crazy and by the time I got to call BCP, Rick had already left.  I did talk with Tina who is the multitask secretary, shipping clerk, cashier and a half dozen other hats.  All you need to do is call her at 1-888-426-6624 and let her know if you want the $10 blem option or the remake option and she will start that process.  If you do want a remake, call her as soon as possible because Rick wants to set up the engraving machine and run all of the returns at one time.  She will let you know how to return your lower and what to expect afterwards as far as timing etc.  She has everybody's info in the file I gave to her with the payments.  She may not have your email address or phone number so be sure to give both to her so she can keep you updated and you can ask questions along the way if you want.

BCP has not shipped some of the multiple lower orders.  I think she said there were 21 that had not shipped.  if you havent received your multiple order, give her a call at the above number to discuss how you and BCP can resolve the issue asap.  She may be able to email pics of what they have and you can make the decision based on the options mentioned.  If you are wanting replacements based on what you are seeing, let her know so they can put you on the remake list.

Everyone at BCP is very apologetic and will do everything they can to make you happy.  This shows what a top notch company will do if a customer has an issue with their product.  I am sure they will make it right with everyone.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 7:23:06 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm surprised that nobody posted that the "6" in M16A2 and in the serial # is different than, "CAL. 5.56MM" .

LoL!

Those who did not receive their lowers yet and are worried about the small "issue", you don't need to be. The engraving is sharp, clear, and done well. Looks MUCH better in person than in the posted pics. You will barely notice it with the oil wiped off and the selector installed.

Like James said in his recent build above, I won't need to use the receiver tension screw that it comes with.
Machining quality is very good, and I got lucky "13" and 14. I'm keeping both of mine for sure.

I'm also ordering a new one, the re-make, because I like these lowers so much, even if it takes another 2 months.
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top