Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 12:29:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There have been several built from engraved 80% lowers. They looked great.  Are you handy with tools?
View Quote
I like to think that I am...lol
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quote "Sarge, BCP will have the engraving program from now on. They were surprised with the response of so many folks interested in this project. they will keep the engraving program for future production. While I dont see any "group buy" occurring, you may contact them at any time in the future to have one made for you. Just bear in mind they will fit you in where they can in their normal operations. The salesmans name is James Emanual and mention you want a "Hoolihan A2 lower" He is the one who dubbed it the "Hoolihan Project" and he will nbe able to help you out when you are ready.

Thanks! "

Any idea what they will charge us per "Hoolihan A2 lower" receiver for all of us who missed this boat on the group buy?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#4]
For those of us who ordered the A2 receiver--the drawing showed A1-style pivot holes at the front of the receiver.

Is that still happening? Or, are we getting a true A2?
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For those of us who ordered the A2 receiver--the drawing showed A1-style pivot holes at the front of the receiver.

Is that still happening? Or, are we getting a true A2?
View Quote
That drawing was not reflecting any of the machining on the lower. It was just used to illustrating the text and location of the text. These are A2 profile lowers.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Looks great ! Can't wait to get it built :)
View Quote
Yep.  Its going to be hard waiting.  4 weeks or so and we should have them in hand.  I have to either disassemble my A2 clone lower and rebuild it or buy another FCG and stock and assemble another whole lower.  Having an extra assembled lower is not a good thing, I must figure out what to top it with.  I also ordered another of the project lower receivers so the quandary continues!!  Oh the horrors!!
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yep.  Its going to be hard waiting.  4 weeks or so and we should have them in hand.  I have to either disassemble my A2 clone lower and rebuild it or buy another FCG and stock and assemble another whole lower.  Having an extra assembled lower is not a good thing, I must figure out what to top it with.  I also ordered another of the project lower receivers so the quandary continues!!  Oh the horrors!!
View Quote
I am going to swap out the lower that is currently on my A2 build and use that one on another build. I already have a FN flat top upper (no feedramps) with charging handle and BCG for it. I have enough parts on hand to build the new A2 lower and just move over the stock from the other lower.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quote "Sarge, BCP will have the engraving program from now on. They were surprised with the response of so many folks interested in this project. they will keep the engraving program for future production. While I dont see any "group buy" occurring, you may contact them at any time in the future to have one made for you. Just bear in mind they will fit you in where they can in their normal operations. The salesmans name is James Emanual and mention you want a "Hoolihan A2 lower" He is the one who dubbed it the "Hoolihan Project" and he will nbe able to help you out when you are ready.

Thanks! "

Any idea what they will charge us per "Hoolihan A2 lower" receiver for all of us who missed this boat on the group buy?
View Quote
I would venture to say that the $89 per lower will hold as it is their standard pricing for forged lowers. How long it would take them to actually do it may vary widely.  Our total count was 46 lowers so we got a slot in their timetable of production.  One lower might have to wait for slack time or they might load the engraving program in and rip one out as asked for.  The other wild card is the anodizing as it is not done in house so you are actually at the mercy of two scheduling processes.  If you do decide to get one done, post up on how long it takes you so everybody else will have an idea as well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:37:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks great ! Can't wait to get it built :)
4 weeks isn't two bad, any idea if that's the same for the few of us who are also getting one marked M16A4?  I plan on just swapping the lowers with my existing parts, I don't really have a need for two extra A2 stocked lowers.  Thanks again for heading this up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 4:27:46 PM EDT
[#10]
It is my understanding the A2 and A4 lowers will go to the anodizer at the same time so you should actually get all of them at or about the same time.  They may or may not be in the same box depending on the total number ordered.  At least thats what I was told last Friday by the secretary.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 5:28:00 PM EDT
[#11]
There was an option to get them marked M16a4 ? I guess I missed that part lol. No biggie, my M16a2 marked lower will still work just fine :)
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:40:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am going to swap out the lower that is currently on my A2 build and use that one on another build. I already have a FN flat top upper (no feedramps) with charging handle and BCG for it. I have enough parts on hand to build the new A2 lower and just move over the stock from the other lower.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is my plan as well. Is it strange to take apart a working rifle just to rebuild it again?
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Guys, here is the first lower hot off the presses.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet !
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:42:33 AM EDT
[#16]
That looks awesome, can't wait to see them anodized.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:05:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
That looks awesome, can't wait to see them anodized.
View Quote
Yessir, me either!  I was excited when I saw the .pdf but when BCP sent me this pic I am ecstatic.  They have really done a god job.  A few more weeks!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Is the finish the standard black finish?
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Is the finish the standard black finish?
View Quote
It will be black type III hardcoat anodizing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks great. Can't wait to get mine in hand, even if i haven't figured out exactly what i'm doing with it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 6:35:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Ooooooooo-Mama-San!

Sweeeet!!!

I can't wait.

Must gird loins.....
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I just found this awesome thread and I work in Jacksonville.
Am I too late to get in on a few A2 lowers?
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 4:48:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Email sent.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Email sent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Email sent.
Thank you!
I was able to order 2 over the phone and will be able to pick them up in person when ready to avoid a transfer fee.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 4:56:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Thank you!
I was able to order 2 over the phone and will be able to pick them up in person when ready to avoid a transfer fee.
View Quote
Excellent!
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:29:27 AM EDT
[#26]
I am in now. I will take a couple and I am a FFL. CLONE builds for myself are killing my money.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#27]
What date will the lowers be ready to ship out?
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:44:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Wow that looks better than I thought it would. Wish I'd have got one now.

BCP really needs to market these. Clone builders will be all over 'em.
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 1:57:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Wow that looks better than I thought it would. Wish I'd have got one now.

BCP really needs to market these. Clone builders will be all over 'em.
View Quote
BCP has said that they will not market them, but anyone can order one at any time. Since they would be a special order, they would be fitted in when they could. You would have to call BCP and ask for James Emanuel in sales and tell him that you want to order a "Hoolihan A2 lower". These can also be ordered to have M16A4 instead of M16A2 should anyone have the need to have some this way. There are a few guys who are having some them being engraved with M16A4 instead of M16A2.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:57:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Any new updates on when these might be ready ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:46:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Any new updates on when these might be ready ?
View Quote
The engraving should be done and the lowers sent out for anodizing. We were told it could take 2-3 weeks for anodizing. I will see if I can get something more definitive.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 6:34:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:16:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The engraving should be done and the lowers sent out for anodizing. We were told it could take 2-3 weeks for anodizing. I will see if I can get something more definitive.
View Quote
This.  No news as of yet.  BCP figured a week for engraving then two weeks minimum on the anodizing.  BCP does not do in house anodizing so we are at their mercy and this will be dependent on how busy they are.  The engraved lower was approved by James and myself on March 27th so we are still looking at a week minimum.

I have been working serious overtime out of town and have not spoken with BCP since approval.  If I dont hear anything by Monday the 17th, I will email BCP and try and get an update.  I am as anxious as y'all are but I am not expecting any miracles.  Have patience and I will let y'all know when I hear something.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Damnit.  Tag
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Okay guys, I just received this e-mail from Steve.

I went by today after work and was pretty  disappointed.  The lowers have yet to be sent to the anodizer.  They are engraved but are in the final stages of polishing and finishing.  I hate to say it but we are still at minimum 3 weeks out to shipment if not some longer.  I know we are getting a top notch product but I want my lower now!!! LOL.

James E also told me that there wont be any more production unless they get a 25 lower minimum.  The set up on the engraving machines is more complicated than I thought.  Its apparently a lot more than punching a few buttons and loading a program. I wish I would have ordered that A4 now.

For those that were wanting to order lowers, that is pretty much out unless you guys can come together and get a minimum order of 25 lowers put together.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:08:45 AM EDT
[#36]
Darn it... I have all of my M16A4 parts coming in.  I missed the bus.  Needed an A2 and an A4.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:36:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Volume shouldn't be a problem, post a link in GD and they'll get 100 orders.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:10:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Ugh...
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:46:10 AM EDT
[#39]
It's ok--nothing worthwhile is easy.

Thanks for the update.

Like the others, I'll gird my loins & patiently await delivery.

We've all experienced Blue Balls--not pleasant, but hardly fatal
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 9:22:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Update:

I had an e-mail from Steve today. He had e-mailed BCP to check the status of the lowers. They are all in anodizing right now. There was a slight delay because of a few last minute orders for the lower. We are still on track as far as time goes. If all goes well, they should be shipping within a couple weeks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:26:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Update:

I had an e-mail from Steve today. He had e-mailed BCP to check the status of the lowers. They are all in anodizing right now. There was a slight delay because of a few last minute orders for the lower. We are still on track as far as time goes. If all goes well, they should be shipping within a couple weeks.
View Quote
Awesome! Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#42]
I asked to be notified the instant they are ready for release.  I am working a couple of miles down the road.  I will be leaving the job early that day.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I already robbed the lower from my A2 for a midlength build.

It's killing me having the upper with no home.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Great news! Thank you for the update!
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#45]
See new thread titled " M16 A2 lowers now shipping".

Thanks for the update James and Steve!
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

See new thread titled " M16 A2 lowers now shipping".

Thanks for the update James and Steve!
View Quote
I just noticed the new thread.
Guess I'll give them a call Monday and see if I can pick up the 2 I payed for.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#47]
I picked my two up at lunch today and just had a chance to snap a few pics
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:37:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Is the "B" in BURST upside down?
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 5:49:06 PM EDT
[#49]
I picked mine up this afternoon.  I will post pictures later tonight.  Very Nice.  I will have to up my game in the upper department to make it worthy.  Hardware that came with the lower is a surprise.  Pictures to follow.
Link Posted: 5/8/2017 6:00:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top