User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:22:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3) Appearance. BCP will be able to reproduce our drawing and may include their logo if they can get it to fit with the other lettering with a good result. If not it will have no logo but their manufacturers information will be included as specified. SAFE, SEMI and BURST will be engraved on both sides of the lower.

Why the logo?

I don't mind the manufactures information as required, but not the logo.

How about just doing it like the drawing shown?

Ron
View Quote

This, I want an A2 for sure and maybe an A4, but if they have a logo I don't want one at all.

Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 3:03:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Why 0162001 for the serial start?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:28:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This, I want an A2 for sure and maybe an A4, but if they have a logo I don't want one at all.

Just my $.02.
View Quote

We are requesting that the BCP logo not be on these lowers and they will probably not have it. Most guys appear to not want it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:30:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Why 0162001 for the serial start?
View Quote

That is a serial number sequence I have proposed. I chose a 7-digit serial number since many M16s have a 7-digit one. the "162" in the serial number would denote M16A2. The following 3 digits would be the number of the lower in the series. As was stated, BCP is checking with ATF to see if we can use this number format.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
3) Appearance. BCP will be able to reproduce our drawing and may include their logo if they can get it to fit with the other lettering with a good result. If not it will have no logo but their manufacturers information will be included as specified. SAFE, SEMI and BURST will be engraved on both sides of the lower.

Why the logo?

I don't mind the manufactures information as required, but not the logo.

How about just doing it like the drawing shown?

Ron
View Quote

Agree 100% on this. A logo would defeat the entire purpose. This should be nailed down one way or the other before any payments are sent. If it's exactly like the drawing, I'm buying. If there's a logo, I'm out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

We are requesting that the BCP logo not be on these lowers and they will probably not have it. Most guys appear to not want it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just my $.02.

I guess I don't follow on this. If we are paying and they are the supplier, why is it a request, and who has the final decision on whether there is a logo?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#7]
BCP is open to the possibility of doing a few with "M16A4" for those that are interested.

Is this being offered in this batch or will be offered later.
If it is, how do we mark the MO?
Does it need to be a separate MO?
I would like to have some.

Thank very much
Ron
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:18:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Guys, this started as a small project as a favor to a couple of Forum members mostly for myself since McKay and NoDak Spud are having trouble getting lowers.  When I talked with them, they are saying mid year before anything is available,  This has ballooned into a large scale deal and I am excited with all the attention but in order to have the run go smoothly and as quickly as possible, I am trying to make it as simple as possible for BCP..  Its like going to a restaurant, ordering a regular meal with 12 special instructions and getting mad when they screw it up. Hopefully we can satisfy as many folks as possible but will not be able to provide every option.  I am a firm believer in the KISS methodology

I will check this thread every now and then but lets please keep working thru James (jrs93accord) so I can concentrate on the details and coordinate with BCP.. Please forward all questions to James and he will condense them and forward to me.   Like I said, this started as a small project and I have a regular job with lots of overtime so this has to be handled as I can do it.  I am going to talk with BCP again this week and see how things are developing and will let James know what transpires.

I want everyone to know I am not affiliated with BCP.  While looking for lowers a few months back, I ran across their website and saw they did custom work.  I used them for an FFL transfer and asked a few questions about custom work at that time.  Their positive response led to this project.  I am pleased this quality manufacturer in my hometown is willing to help a bunch of gun crazed history buffs receive a product so rarely seen in this industry.

Thanks!
Steve H.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I guess I don't follow on this. If we are paying and they are the supplier, why is it a request, and who has the final decision on whether there is a logo?
View Quote

The decision is up to myself and Steve. We are trying to have these lowers so that they are going to be suitable for everyone interested. We initially submitted a drawing with the logo, but we later changed it to be without the logo. BCP said that they would not make them with the logo. Later, they said they might put the logo on them if they could get the logo to fit. We are sticking with the no logo version in order to satisfy most everyone.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Guys, this started as a small project as a favor to a couple of Forum members mostly for myself since McKay and NoDak Spud are having trouble getting lowers.  When I talked with them, they are saying mid year before anything is available,  This has ballooned into a large scale deal and I am excited with all the attention but in order to have the run go smoothly and as quickly as possible, I am trying to make it as simple as possible for BCP..  Its like going to a restaurant, ordering a regular meal with 12 special instructions and getting mad when they screw it up. Hopefully we can satisfy as many folks as possible but will not be able to provide every option.  I am a firm believer in the KISS methodology

I will check this thread every now and then but lets please keep working thru James (jrs93accord) so I can concentrate on the details and coordinate with BCP.. Please forward all questions to James and he will condense them and forward to me.   Like I said, this started as a small project and I have a regular job with lots of overtime so this has to be handled as I can do it.  I am going to talk with BCP again this week and see how things are developing and will let James know what transpires.

I want everyone to know I am not affiliated with BCP.  While looking for lowers a few months back, I ran across their website and saw they did custom work.  I used them for an FFL transfer and asked a few questions about custom work at that time.  Their positive response led to this project.  I am pleased this quality manufacturer in my hometown is willing to help a bunch of gun crazed history buffs receive a product so rarely seen in this industry.

Thanks!
Steve H.
View Quote

Thanks for jumping in Steve.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#11]
The BCP logo will be deleted.  It is not necessary and I was told that it would be difficult to include with all the other engraving anyway.

I want everyone to know I am not affiliated with BCP nor am I making any money or getting anything for free.  I am paying for any pre production costs out of my pocket.  All decisions made are finally mine after consulting with James, who forwards your input and BCP on whether or not its doable and doable quickly.  Anyone who is not happy with the end product is welcome to ask BCP about their own custom project.  They will have the programming loaded so alterations to it should be possible as the "M16-A4 change up. Just be aware that a one off lower will not be a priority.  Even this order of 50 is small in their overall production.  I am trying to satisfy as many requests as possible.

Thats all I am going to add here, keep posting and James will keep forwarding questions and other input to me.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:15:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thanks for jumping in Steve.
View Quote

Not a problem James, Thanks for handling this end.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:34:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
That is a serial number sequence I have proposed. I chose a 7-digit serial number since many M16s have a 7-digit one. the "162" in the serial number would denote M16A2. The following 3 digits would be the number of the lower in the series. As was stated, BCP is checking with ATF to see if we can use this number format.
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. That makes complete sense now... I was worried that I might be loosing my mind, thinking to myself - "What happened M16A2-wise on Jan 6th, 2001?"
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:50:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks again for the updates and the answers to our questions.
Ron
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 1:19:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm guessing the answer is probably going to be no, but is there any chance the Black Creek Precision markings could be moved to the area around the trigger opening or to the opposite side of the lower?

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm guessing the answer is probably going to be no, but is there any chance the Black Creek Precision markings could me moved to the area around the trigger opening or to the opposite side of the lower?

http://www.customardustcover.com/assets/images/SBR-engraving-under-trigger-guard-1024.jpg
View Quote

That would be a negative.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:18:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I didn't think about out earlier, but any chance of a run of M4A1 Carbine lowers w/ the AUTO marking?
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I didn't think about out earlier, but any chance of a run of M4A1 Carbine lowers w/ the AUTO marking?
View Quote

Not in the cards at this point. Of course, BCP could probably make one just for you. You would need to contact them directly to find out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Not in the cards at this point. Of course, BCP could probably make one just for you. You would need to contact them directly to find out.
View Quote

I foresee $$$ and long wait times in that endeavor.

I'll get back in line.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:45:56 PM EDT
[#20]
In! Email sent.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:41:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks for that James, still in for 2!
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#22]
My local FFL says he needs a copy of the FFL from the manufacturer or company selling them to confirm legitimacy.

Any way to get a scanned copy so I can email it to him?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 10:55:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My local FFL says he needs a copy of the FFL from the manufacturer or company selling them to confirm legitimacy.

View Quote

That doesn't make much sense to me, won't the package containing the lower be a confirmation of legitimacy?

ETA: It will be the 10th before I can get my payment out, but I'm confident that it will make it there in time.
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That doesn't make much sense to me, won't the package containing the lower be a confirmation of legitimacy?

ETA: It will be the 10th before I can get my payment out, but I'm confident that it will make it there in time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree it makes no sense--their shop, their rules. It's irrelevant, as the shop checked & got the FFL.

To clarify--no logo? I vote no logo. A few posts up says no logo.

Logo?
Link Posted: 3/2/2017 10:24:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I agree it makes no sense--their shop, their rules. It's irrelevant, as the shop checked & got the FFL.

To clarify--no logo? I vote no logo. A few posts up says no logo.

Logo?
View Quote

I laughed.

My understanding is no logo. I'll probably try to find someone to engrave a pony on there though.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 5:59:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Money order and copy of FFL sent today.

(3) A2 lowers (Black)
(2) A4 lowers (Black)

Thanks
Ron
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Just saw this thread for the first time.

Email sent!
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just saw this thread for the first time.

Email sent!
View Quote

Replied. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 7:41:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Guys, just to let you know, the first lower should be made next week. Steve has already paid to have it made so that we can proof the markings. Once I get the pictures from Steve, I will post them here for you guys to see. Thanks to everyone that has shown interest. These lowers are being made for you guys. Steve has put in a lot of extra time aside from his regular job coordinating everything. Logistics can be a real pain sometimes as some here may know. I think he has done a swell job bringing this to fruition. My contribution has pretty much involved the technical side of things as well as coordinating with all of you.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Guys, just to let you know, the first lower should be made next week. Steve has already paid to have it made so that we can proof the markings. Once I get the pictures from Steve, I will post them here for you guys to see. Thanks to everyone that has shown interest. These lowers are being made for you guys. Steve has put in a lot of extra time aside from his regular job coordinating everything. Logistics can be a real pain sometimes as some here may know. I think he has done a swell job bringing this to fruition. My contribution has pretty much involved the technical side of things as well as coordinating with all of you.
View Quote

Thanks again to both you and Steve.  This is a huge undertaking and it is going to result in some awesome lowers.  Looking forward to seeing the first one.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 1:11:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Message sent
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes--James & Steve--thank you both for making this happen.
Cheers!
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks James, as someone that has run several group projects I know how much work this must have been! Thanks so much
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 8:27:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Just came across this & haven't been able to read the whole post...still in the works?
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Guys,

When you mail the USPS MOs and the FFL copy, please make sure that you DO NOT send anything certified as to where it has to be signed for (per Steve). Steve is not home when the mail runs since he works until 5pm. If need be, you can send it with delivery confirmation. He received a notice that a certified letter was attempted to be delivered today and that envelope is sitting at the PO until he can get time to go get it. Bear in mind, sending any orders/payments to him that need to be signed for can result in a delay in him getting the funds before the deadline since he does not usually have to visit the PO.

James
Link Posted: 3/8/2017 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks James!  When y'all send your Money order, go ahead and include a piece of paper or letter in with it that has your email address and your Forum name and I will email and/or IM you to let you know I received it.  This should allay any fears of the USPS screwing up.  My experience is if you use Tracking and Delivery Confirmation they make a special effort to make sure it arrives at the destination.

Thanks for your interest, we should soon have a product you will be proud to own and show off to all your friends and make them jealous!

Steve.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Here is the proof of the lower that Steve had made.

Attachment Attached File

There are several changes that have to be made n order to bring it in line with the drawing that we submitted.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Here is the proof of the lower that Steve had made.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/BCP-M16A2-lower-162241.JPG

There are several changes that have to be made n order to bring it in line with the drawing that we submitted.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/76904/M16A2-drawing-3-BCP-162242.JPG
View Quote

The fire control markings seem awfully low to me?

ETA: Also the "M16A2" marking seems too large.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

The fire control markings seem awfully low to me?

ETA: Also the "M16A2" marking seems too large.
View Quote

Exactly. There are a couple other things as well.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:17:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Exactly. There are a couple other things as well.
View Quote

Hmmm.

Will this be the final result then?

ETA: I just re-read it and it seems I've misunderstood, this is just like a test example correct?
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Hmmm.

Will this be the final result then?

ETA: I just re-read it and it seems I've misunderstood, this is just like a test example correct?
View Quote

Correct. Just a test example for proofing. I have already sent Steve the info for the adjustments that need to be made.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 5:29:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Correct. Just a test example for proofing. I have already sent Steve the info for the adjustments that need to be made.
View Quote

Awesome, I'm really looking forward to these, thanks to both of you guys for making this happen.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Looks great. I was curious... When it comes time doing the paperwork at the FFL for this what would it be called ? Would something marked M16a2 cause any red flags ? Don't want anyone to think I'm getting a real full auto M16 lower...
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Looks great. I was curious... When it comes time doing the paperwork at the FFL for this what would it be called ? Would something marked M16a2 cause any red flags ? Don't want anyone to think I'm getting a real full auto M16 lower...
View Quote

It should not cause any red flags. Right now, we do not know what model number BCP will put on the paper work. They could use their model number for the lower and describe it as "custom". This remains to be seen. Nonetheless, they are semi-auto receivers and will not have any engraving indicating a third hole where a sear would be located.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

FYI, NoDak Spud marks their partial fence lowers "XM16E1" and there are no issues.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Payment sent for one anodized lower.

I also just realized that I forgot to include my contact info with it.

Can I send an IM or email with my name and info so that it can be matched up when received?
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Payment sent for one anodized lower.

I also just realized that I forgot to include my contact info with it.

Can I send an IM or email with my name and info so that it can be matched up when received?
View Quote

E-mail Steve Hoolihan at [email protected] and let him know.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

E-mail Steve Hoolihan at [email protected] and let him know.
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#49]
I really like the BCP instead of Black Creek Precision. Looks great.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 10:07:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I really like the BCP instead of Black Creek Precision. Looks great.
View Quote

I agree with this.
Now I am wishing I had ordered a few more of them.

These are so nice looking.

Thanks again,
Ron
Page / 7
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top