Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2017 5:36:49 PM EDT
I came across a cheap unused Colt 14.5 barrel that I intend on using with an A2 upper(after cerakote),but I am going to need a extended flash hider to make legal.
Actually, I don't really have to if it is on one of the SBR lowers ,but I'm not always wanting to take that chance.
BCM is 35 bucks.
Anywhere else I can look?
Couldn't find on Sarco or Numrich.
Would jam nut or split washer give me the extra length? doubt it huh...
I didn't think this one out because the extended flash hider won't work with my jailed Griffin.
But, barrel was a steal!

Also anyone have a triangle front HG cap .750?
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
ADCO sells a spacer for use with a standard A2. It will get you to 16.1", IIRC.

ADCO
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:15:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I use these Ext FH.  You have to drill yourself but do not look long like the others.

Rousch Sports FH

ETA: They are out of stock but will get back to you with a notification quickly.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent my 14.5 colt barrel to John Thomas (Retro Arms Works). For next to nothing, he'll machine a spacer to bring a standard birdcage to legal length and then do the pin/weld job (also reasonably priced). At arms length you can hardly tell.

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 10:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's mine with the Colt SOCOM  14.5" and BCM A2X  for comparison.

won't work with your can...just wanted to show it. Using the spacer next build.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use these Ext FH.  You have to drill yourself but do not look long like the others.

Rousch Sports FH

ETA: They are out of stock but will get back to you with a notification quickly.
View Quote

Hmm, I wonder if they'll be long enough if you use a peel washer or if you need to use the crush washer?
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe so.  I measured mine and could have used a peel but my build was an M4 so did not need to be correct for an early model.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks!
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top