Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2017 12:48:37 PM EDT
Is there a source for "in the white parts"?

I am building an A2 from an in the white 80% lower and A2 upper, the goal being to get them anodized at the same time for a matching finish.

I'm trying to figure out where to get the small parts in the white to do the same.

I found the charging handle here:
https://www.groundzeroprecision.com/collections/charging-handles/products/bare-aluminum-mil-spec-ar15-charging-handle-kit-in-the-white?variant=14565722183

I am looking for the delta ring/handguard retaining ring, the forward assist, and the ejection port cover.

I'm hoping to get my receiver set and prominent small parts anodized in that mid 1980s "Colt grey" color.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 5:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
You can get raw stripped A2 uppers from Numrich for $40 bucks.

Stripped raw A2 upper

You can only anodize aluminum parts.  So for the delta ring and trigger guard, you can have the black anodizing stripped and re-anodized at the same time you process your upper and lower.  Ever other part will need to be re-parkerized gray because you won't be able to find them in "raw".  There is a trick that a lot of guys use in their Retro or vintage build is to use naval jelly to lighten the modern black phosphate finish on metal parts.  I myself have used anything from diluted toilet bowl cleaner to soaking metal parts in Diet Coke to lighten the color.  I hope this helps.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top