Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2017 9:39:49 AM EDT
What kind of sling would be the most accurate representation for a BHD RO727? TIA.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, there's no specific sling issued for the 727 carbines.  The export 727s were shipped with just a black USGI silent sling.  If you look at the pics in the BHD thread, the slings were of the "field expedient" kind.  They were rigged to the individual need and preference of each operator using a variety of USGI slings and 100 mph tape.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Some guys would improvise a sling with the nylon M3 smg / M1 carbine sling and the quick release slider from an ALICE rucksack strap. The vtac is a modern interpretation.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 2:20:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Okay then, I will just jury rig something up from cheap USGI parts and call it finished. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 6:11:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Okay then, I will just jury rig something up from cheap USGI parts and call it finished. Thanks.
View Quote

I had an extra "field expedient" sling that I made for my XM177E2 clone.  So I used it on my RO727/BHD clone since there's no right or wrong.

Link Posted: 2/5/2017 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#5]
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_127/449652_going-for-a-1993-Somalia-car15-build-and-need-your-help.html&page=19

About the middle of page 19 shows how to make the old school improvised sling
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:43:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a silent sling with the front part of a top adapter kit w/tape on my BHD 727
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 12:19:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I just bought a left strap for an ALICE pack and a NOS M1 Carbine nylon sling. Total cost with shipping: $ 17.00. I will sew things up and present it at a later date, once I get them in hand.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a silent sling with the front part of a top adapter kit w/tape on my BHD 727
View Quote

Can we get a pic of this?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I had an extra "field expedient" sling that I made for my XM177E2 clone.  So I used it on my RO727/BHD clone since there's no right or wrong.

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj634/pro2ndam/Projects/Colt%20727%20Clone/DSCN1380_zpsef806596.jpg
View Quote

You just go around your neck or do you go over the right shoulder, under left armpit?   I like you you attached it to the FSB.  I might have to try that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can we get a pic of this?

The adapter...or his set-up??

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ar-15-and-m16-sling-adaptor-converts-to-top-carry-sling-tactical-uses-arr-025.do

The front portion is the triangular wire^^
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just bought a left strap for an ALICE pack and a NOS M1 Carbine nylon sling. Total cost with shipping: $ 17.00. I will sew things up and present it at a later date, once I get them in hand.
View Quote

Don't over think it, you don't really have to sew anything. It's an improvised sling after all.

Standing by for pics.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Don't over think it, you don't really have to sew anything. It's an improvised sling after all.

Standing by for pics.
View Quote
44E,

True enough, but I want the thing to last long as possible. The front wire off a top sling adapter also sounds like a grand and workable idea, one that will prevent anything from catching ablaze. Use that in front and a paracord in the back.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
44E,

True enough, but I want the thing to last long as possible. The front wire off a top sling adapter also sounds like a grand and workable idea, one that will prevent anything from catching ablaze. Use that in front and a paracord in the back.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/8/2017 8:43:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
44E,

GREAT NEWS! I went to that auction site starting with an e and was able to buy an NIW USGI top sling adapter for a grand total (with FREE shipping) price of... $ 4.95. Total cost for a pretty accurate RO727 sling: $ 21.95. Not too shabby indeed.

I shall use both top sling adapter parts, then use the ALICE strap towards the front end, while the nylon M1 carbine sling will connect to the back end. Think this will look pretty dang kosher and USGI "high speed, low drag" on my RO727, once done. Once I have all parts in hand, I will assemble and post pics for y'all to drool on, er, um, over.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
44E,

GREAT NEWS! I went to that auction site starting with an e and was able to buy an NIW USGI top sling adapter for a grand total (with FREE shipping) price of... $ 4.95. Total cost for a pretty accurate RO727 sling: $ 21.95. Not too shabby indeed.

I shall use both top sling adapter parts, then use the ALICE strap towards the front end, while the nylon M1 carbine sling will connect to the back end. Think this will look pretty dang kosher and USGI "high speed, low drag" on my RO727, once done. Once I have all parts in hand, I will assemble and post pics for y'all to drool on, er, um, over.
View Quote

That could get a little long.

You'll essentially have this...   http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk1.htm
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
That could get a little long.
You'll essentially have this...   http://www.vikingtactics.com/product-p/vtac-mk1.htm
View Quote
I will resew the butt stock adapter to be well shorter, then shorten other areas up much as possible.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ar-15-and-m16-sling-adaptor-converts-to-top-carry-sling-tactical-uses-arr-025.do

View Quote

I remember when bushmaster used to sell something similar.  Yeah, I was kind of wanting a pic of his whole rifle.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I remember when bushmaster used to sell something similar.  Yeah, I was kind of wanting a pic of his whole rifle.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a quick potato pic

Here's a better potato pic of the receivers/small parts.  Added a early lock ring and big head F/A along with an early Colts A2 safety (very small tic).  Now I have it exactly how I want it, straight outta 1993

Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:06:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Hot hot hot.  Sssssst.  Hot.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 4:21:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hot hot hot.  Sssssst.  Hot.
View Quote

For a early GWOT look, I got a Trijicon RX-01 NSN on a carry handle mount from RGW fro $250.
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 9:43:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

For a early GWOT look, I got a Trijicon RX-01 NSN on a carry handle mount from RGW fro $250.
View Quote

Dude, Army EOD just posted a pic of his build that is so similar to what you just said.  Although it's an XM177 clone with the Reflex on the carry handle.    Very cool!
Link Posted: 2/11/2017 11:05:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Dude, Army EOD just posted a pic of his build that is so similar to what you just said.  Although it's an XM177 clone with the Reflex on the carry handle.    Very cool!
View Quote

Link?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:16:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 2/13/2017 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#25]
I ordered some cheap plastic 1" buckles online for my sling. I am going to use the full length of the top sling adapter, both front wire and back loop, and have the ALICE strap and the nylon M1 Carbine sling to form the entire sling. I think the whole group might like my idea because it will look so kosher.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top