Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/23/2017 12:00:22 AM EDT
I have a nice early Colt A2 CAR upper with M4 ramps.  I can't find a Colt A2 rear sight assembly.. 

Any help appreciated.  

RRA parts schematics look like the ones LW Schneider makes for Colt.  If I can't order the assembly from Colt I guess I'll have to entertain other options. I priced the parts from Brownells which are out of stock, and it totals well over $200.00 which sounds crazy to me.  I also need a FA, and Dust Cover Assembly, and CAR lock ring, at the moment.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 7:57:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Shop the EE. There is a member selling A2  rear sights currently  (not sure of manufacturer) and
I see the other parts you mentioned from time to time.

Also, Brownells carries Colt branded forward assist and port cover parts,  if I recall correctly.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:14:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Just keep checking the EE for AR15 used upper parts. I'm sure a rear sight assembly will show up sooner or later.
I've been going to every local gun show for the past year looking for a Colt side sling swivel for my 6920, and never found one.
The first day looking on the EE, I found one for $25.
Everything turns up there eventually, just be patient.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 11:33:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shop the EE. There is a member selling A2  rear sights currently  (not sure of manufacturer) and
I see the other parts you mentioned from time to time.

Also, Brownells carries Colt branded forward assist and port cover parts,  if I recall correctly.
View Quote
I probably should be on the Misc. EE also.  Thanks for the heads up.  I wonder if anyone can confirm that RRA is made by LW Schieder?  If so I'll just order a set from them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 2:16:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have a nice early Colt A2 CAR upper with M4 ramps.  I can't find a Colt A2 rear sight assembly.. 

Any help appreciated.  

RRA parts schematics look like the ones LW Schneider makes for Colt.  If I can't order the assembly from Colt I guess I'll have to entertain other options. I priced the parts from Brownells which are out of stock, and it totals well over $200.00 which sounds crazy to me.  I also need a FA, and Dust Cover Assembly, and CAR lock ring, at the moment.  
View Quote

I got a couple from Sarco Inc. They seem to be all over the place as far as condition of the parts, but both of mine were new in wrapper. I don't know who made them though.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/ar15m16a2rearsightassemblyusedexcellent.aspx
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 3:31:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I got a couple from Sarco Inc. They seem to be all over the place as far as condition of the parts, but both of mine were new in wrapper. I don't know who made them though.

http://www.e-sarcoinc.com/ar15m16a2rearsightassemblyusedexcellent.aspx
View Quote
A big thank you for that link.  I ordered what I needed, and I'm good to go now... They're military surplus according to Sarco so that's good enough for me. (The windage knob has the Colt line in it, and the aperture looks Colt)
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top