BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I hadn't checked back in here for a little bit. I sent money off for a FN barreled PSA 20" upper in the EE, it will be a few days before I get it. I'm planning to swap the M4 upper for my A2 and call it a day! It looked the most economical choice while still being chrome lined and parkerized.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Well got the uppers swapped out after it arrived and here we are, the A2 clone-ish rifle I wanted when I was younger but never bought! Only small gripe I have is the hand guards gap open a little and it's kind of annoying.

Thanks for all the input guys, sorry I ended up going a different route than originally thought, but you never know what will pop up in the EE!

Not so scenic backyard pic:
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:14:23 PM EDT
[#3]
She turned out good, great looking rifle!
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind a bit of a worn look I recently ordered a set of GI surplus A2 handguards from Numrich. They cleaned up nice and have that shiny used look (kinda cool). But the point of telling you this is that they fit together great and feel a little nicer than the new production polymer.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Here is a pic with the Numrich handguards.

Link Posted: 3/20/2017 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
very nice, can you tell me where you found that sling?

and can you tell me the difference between the 578970A and 578970B handguards it says A= AR15 and the B=M16 but Im not sure of the difference??? I do know difference between AR15 and M16 but I mean handguards of course
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 2:29:42 AM EDT
[#7]
The sling I found on ebay, was listed as USGI surplus M1 Garand nylon sling. As far as the handguards go I found my receipt; I ordered the 578970B. They are a smaller diameter than the current production and have that somewhat shiny finish.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The sling I found on ebay, was listed as USGI surplus M1 Garand nylon sling. As far as the handguards go I found my receipt; I ordered the 578970B. They are a smaller diameter than the current production and have that somewhat shiny finish.
View Quote
thank you
Link Posted: 4/3/2017 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Windham Weaponry barrel kit.

This is what you seek. These are fantastic barrels.

This A2 Gov't. profile barrel kit - with all parts forward of the Upper Receiver - is ready for your next target or service rifle build. The highly accurate 20" barrel is chrome lined and machined from 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium 11595E steel is rifled 1 x 7" - right hand twist. The barrel is finished in Black Manganese Phosphate for protection against rust and corrosion. A standard A2 Front Sight Base with sling swivel is fitted. Kit includes A2 Flash Suppressor, Barrel Nut, Crush Washer, Delta Ring Kit and Rifle Length Gas Tube. Rifle Length Handguards are also included. These are premium quality parts molded from a fiberglass composite for heat resistance in sustained fire - they will not deform when subjected to high barrel heat.
View Quote
James pointed me to this kit.  The barrel is highly accurate and the fit and finish is great.  Price is good too.  Cant go wrong with Windham.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top