Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/23/2016 11:59:16 PM EDT
Hey Guys,

I have a question I can not find a answer for when it comes to pining or locking out your stock. I have seen some YouTube videos of people drilling through their collapsible stock and putting a pin in place to fixed it into one position. I came up with a simple idea but don't know if it will pass featureless requirements. Hell maybe someone has thought of this too?

I removed the stock off the buffer tube and put a 2 1/2 inch piece of PVC in the stock and slide it back on the buffer tube. The stock will not move forward or backward because the PVC pipe stops it from moving forward and the pin lock stop it from moving backwards, so now there is zero movement in either direction.

I just slapped flat black on the PVC pipe and you cant even tell its there, looks like the buffer tube all the way trough.

Would this pass for pinned or do I actually need to run a pin through it?

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:30:04 AM EDT
[#1]
how do you secure the pvc pipe inside the stock?  the receiver extension channel is a consistent size to where if you slide a piece of pvc from the front end, it'll just slide right out the back.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:36:38 AM EDT
[#2]
My Magpul stock has a solid back so all the PVC does is create a solid wedge between stock and buffer on the inside. Here is a picture I took before I started, I will post more tomorrow.

Picture
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The law doesn't specify "pinned".  What the law does require is "non-adjustable".  How you go about that is your business.  It's not like there have been any test cases to point to.

Spelling in your thread title --- complaint / compliant --- mistake or intentional?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The law doesn't specify "pinned".  What the law does require is "non-adjustable".  How you go about that is your business.  It's not like there have been any test cases to point to.

Spelling in your thread title --- complaint / compliant --- mistake or intentional?
View Quote

Good catch, I fixed the spelling but it could be either lol. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Solid, fixed stock is what the law mandates. Not sure how open to interpretation CA is? Why not just roll pin it? Takes like 7 minutes. Or throw a Magpul fixed rifle stock on it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Solid, fixed stock is what the law mandates. Not sure how open to interpretation CA is? Why not just roll pin it? Takes like 7 minutes. Or throw a Magpul fixed rifle stock on it?
View Quote

Sine I just bought this stock I don't really want to drill a hole in it. Maybe down the road or I might just pick up the fixed magpul. This only took a few minutes and no mods to the gun itself. Just a simple piece of PCV in the rear stock. Its pinned between the inner stock and buffer.

Picture 2
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Funny enough I just came across a YouTube video with a guy explaining what I did, but he posted it up a few months ago. I'm not taking any credit for this idea in anyway. He explains it in his video and goes a step further.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcwunGWXh0o
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Why not just put an A2 stock on it and call it good?
Link Posted: 10/27/2016 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
Well, because then OP would most likely need to change his buffer tube because I assumed he's running a carbine length tube.

Frankly, OP is trying to mcgiver his way out of spending $29 on a fixed carbine length stock

Link Posted: 10/28/2016 2:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well, because then OP would most likely need to change his buffer tube because I assumed he's running a carbine length tube.

Frankly, OP is trying to mcgiver his way out of spending $29 on a fixed carbine length stock

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL some truth to that and I like my stock I have, just looking for ways to keep it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 3:03:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
LOL some truth to that and I like my stock I have, just looking for ways to keep it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you like your stock, you can keep your stock.  

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top