Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2016 5:46:26 PM EDT

I posted this previously when it was done up like the Ghost Recon carbine, which I've since gone away from and focused on a KISS rifle. Nothing silly or unnecessary.

Thought you guys might enjoy. Not really sure what to call it now, apart from my 10" A2 :p
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 8:42:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Made the post live for ya. Nice looking combo.

Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Your carbine looks great!  Over time, my favorite "fun" upper has become my 10.5" A2 on my SBR. It is a plain fun to shoot upper, and it feels like a tack driver - especially in the sweet spot of 50m-150m range.

Edited to add: I wonder if the split washer moved the Linear Comp just off center far enough to cause the issues you reported in the Retro forum? I know crush washers and a tight bore can create problems on suppressors, so if the design shares similarities I'd start there.

Edit 2: Griffin says to check alignment before firing. Sounds like a tight bore for the comp. I'd take a hard look at the washer being a culprit for the possible strike you experienced.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!!!!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice build.  I remember the original build on CGN.

Pistol grip is stamped Armalite but doesn't have the finger hump, did you grind it off?  I have an older Eagle Arms (all Armalite parts originally) and the pistol grip has no external marking.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:34:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet rifle!
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice build.  I remember the original build on CGN.

Pistol grip is stamped Armalite but doesn't have the finger hump, did you grind it off?  I have an older Eagle Arms (all Armalite parts originally) and the pistol grip has no external marking.
View Quote

Thanks, and yeah, it's an A1 grip that Armalite made, came with the sling loop even. I snapped it up because I like A1 grips and the Armalite markings were perfect.

I've got an 11.5" heavy barrel (Armalite too I believe) coming, and a new compensator waiting to be installed. Should be wicked once it's all arrived.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 3:04:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Armalite has them on their clearance page for $6.99 in both green and black.

https://armalite.com/shop/ergo-pistol-grip-with-sling-swivel-green/

https://armalite.com/shop/ergo-pistol-grip-with-sling-swivel-black/

Get 'em while they're hot.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Sweet build!
Where did you get the sling?
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 1:24:25 AM EDT
[#9]
GORGEOUS!
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool build! Reminds me a lot of the A2 carbine in Blood Diamond.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top